Jaelan Phillips about to wreak havoc in the NFL

Poptimus

Senior
Dude is going to absolutely kill it in the NFL. The Dolphins made a great pick 18th overall, I thought Phillips could go top 10. This is from OTAs today:

jaelan_phillips.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
The best edge rusher in the draft and possibly can be a sleeper all time type player. I don't think I gave the man his due but after watching workouts and film and other people's film breakdown.....the man can be not only great but an all time type player.

The best edge rusher in the draft and possibly can be a sleeper all time type player. I don't think I gave the man his due but after watching workouts and film and other people's film breakdown.....the man can be not only great but an all time type player.
He was the number one recruit in the nation for a reason. Wonder what the hit rate on player who were best in their class being good in the NFL. I know Clowney was #1 player and he has had a decent career. Everyone thinks Trevor Lawrence is the next great thing(I think he may have accuracy issues). I am not sure of too many more off the top of my head.

Advertisement
He was the number one recruit in the nation for a reason. Wonder what the hit rate on player who were best in their class being good in the NFL. I know Clowney was #1 player and he has had a decent career. Everyone thinks Trevor Lawrence is the next great thing(I think he may have accuracy issues). I am not sure of too many more off the top of my head.

Adrian Peterson

Advertisement

It’s very good, pretty much all of them guys ahead of Jalean had either great college career or decent nfl

It’s very good, pretty much all of them guys ahead of Jalean had either great college career or decent nfl

rivals had Phillips number 6 in 2017 class. They also had FSU getting 3 of the top 5 in Akers, Wilson, and kaidoh. Other top 5 were leatherwood and najee Harris. Miami’s top player was Jeff Thomas. 247 had Phillips number 1.

Advertisement
It’s going to be fun to watch the careers of Phillips and Rousseau

a lot of “what if’s” with them in college

I personally have always thought Rousseau was the player more capable of dominance but Phillips looks good. I’m not as crazy high on him as some but he should have at minimum a solid career. Hes bust proof.

It’s going to be fun to watch the careers of Phillips and Rousseau

a lot of “what if’s” with them in college

I personally have always thought Rousseau was the player more capable of dominance but Phillips looks good. I’m not as crazy high on him as some but he should have at minimum a solid career. Hes bust proof.
Barring injury, he is absolutely bust proof. Super athletic, high motor player with plus size who shows productivity when he's on the field. Defensive line coaches have wet dreams about guys like him.

Advertisement
Back