Jaelan Phillips about to wreak havoc in the NFL

Advertisement
Phillips reminds me to TJ Watt. Elite athleticism, good size and plays like his hair is on fire. It's rare you get a high motor/effort guy combined with his excellent traits. He will be fun to watch for the Phins!
When the dolphins took Charles Harris over TJ watt it took everything I had not to throw my remote through the TV.

Y’all are delusional. As a non dolphins fan Rousseau >>>>> Phillips
I'm a Dolphins fan and I personally like Rousseau more. However, Phillips can be an absolute beast. They are simply different kinds of players. Rousseau is like a human vacuum cleaner that gets sacks that no one expects anyone to ever get. Phillips is a numbers freak that can do a lot of damage on the outside. Honestly, COVID screwed us out of the best DE set we might have ever seen here, Both of them are pro bowl players. Not just pro bowl players, but defensive player of the year caliber. Absolute monsters, both of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a fins fan you know the Flores culture would never take a player who quit on his team over a player like Phillips. As some have said almost every nfl scout had Phillips over Greg. Vegas has Phillips as second best odds to win DROY. It’s not just this board, it is the whole nfl, media, and every gambling person out there. Greg needed to prove it a second year and he took the guarantees of being a first or second rounder instead of proving himself for a second year. I understand it but he got some bad advice bc if you are not a physical freak you need prove yourself.
Believe me Flores is going to kick himself when he sees GR unleashed on the NFL this season.

Flores is the man though :)

Advertisement
WOOT 3rd string!!!!!!! yaaaaasssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down. He was injured most of camp and Flores is asking more of him than just rushing the QB. In Flores defense you need to also cover from the OLB position. He is still getting that aspect down since he was just a DE in our system.

Advertisement
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:Wake me when the Tua experiment is over. Chan didn't seem to hold back Fitzpatrick, who had to bail out Tua.
Because Chan said he held back the offense when TUA was in. Come on pay attention. He even talked about it after he was let go. You can hate on TUA all you want but he looks like he's going to break out this year. We'll see soon enough.

:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:Wake me when the Tua experiment is over. Chan didn't seem to hold back Fitzpatrick, who had to bail out Tua.
Nothing will be known for sure until the first game of the year, but things are looking good so far. The chemistry between Tagovailoa and his new targets is developing nicely, and there are clips of plays and throws that we saw very little or none of last season. One question that begs to be answered, and will be after the season, was if Chan Gailey was holding back Miami’s offense last season. And if so, how much?

The 2020 hiring of Gailey by the Miami Dolphins to be their offensive coordinator was always questionable. The 67-year-old had been retired for three seasons, and the last offense he coached was one of the worst in the league. But he had an extensive history of offensive coaching and play calling that head coach Brian Flores apparently valued. But perhaps most importantly, Gailey had a great deal of familiarity with then-starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick; he was the Buffalo Bills head coach from 2010 to 2012, and was with Fitz again as his offensive coordinator with the New York Jets in 2015.

In 2020, a mid-season quarterback change by the Dolphins highlighted just how much of Gailey’s offensive game plan was geared towards the quarterback that he knew so well. When Tagovailoa took over for Fitzpatrick in Week 8, the offense became condensed. The long balls that Gailey trusted Fitz to throw were called as bubble screens when Tua was playing, and passing attempts per game numbers dipped.

All that I am saying is that Tua will be a bust. I don't know which is worse, the Manny lovers or the Tua lovers.

Advertisement
Back