Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Jordan, Martell and Bolden are bonafide studs.

Jaden Davis, Jahmar Brown, NayQuan Wright, Samuel Jr. are fringe takes at best.

You want the staff to offer players based on their school rather than their talent level? No thanks.

Im not suggesting they are on the same level as those guys but...

Wright is the 16 ranked RB in his class. (we have none)
Jaden Davis is the 26th ranked corner. (we have 1 ranked 35th)
Samuel was the 9th ranked corner. (higher than anyone we signed)

Brown is the 40th ranked LB which is much higher than anyone left on our board. (although we signed huff and brooks who I really like)

Recruiting rankings are not completely accurate. But to call these kids borderline takes is inaccurate. 3 of them 4 star players and 1 a 3 three star. Schools like FSU and Florida have given out scholarships to JAG's as long as they share the same last name as a highly rated kid. LSU and Oregon just made the same offer,

Advertisement
Im not suggesting they are on the same level as those guys but...

Wright is the 16 ranked RB in his class. (we have none)
Jaden Davis is the 26th ranked corner. (we have 1 ranked 35th)
Samuel was the 9th ranked corner. (higher than anyone we signed)

Brown is the 40th ranked LB which is much higher than anyone left on our board. (although we signed huff and brooks who I really like)

That's my personal opinion and evaluation. I'd be happy with Wright in this class because like you said we have 0 RB commits, but I view him as a quality role player not a feature guy.

Davis & Samuel are not Miami caliber imo. Samuel struggled greatly already at FSU. I like Couch much better, and preferred the upside of Brownlee & Good (obviously neither stuck). If we can close on the Bama kid then that's a huge upgrade as he has great traits and fits the scheme perfectly.

Advertisement
That's my personal opinion and evaluation. I'd be happy with Wright in this class because like you said we have 0 RB commits, but I view him as a quality role player not a feature guy.

Davis & Samuel are not Miami caliber imo. Samuel struggled greatly already at FSU. I like Couch much better, and preferred the upside of Brownlee & Good (obviously neither stuck). If we can close on the Bama kid then that's a huge upgrade as he has great traits and fits the scheme perfectly.

Agree on Brownlee. I think he'll be a stud in college. Sucks that we lost him

And Asa Martin makes up for no 2019 RB. Auburn fans are really high on him, and theres a decent chance he can play right away

Samuel played on a very ****** FSU team, that had a horrible defense. Not many freshman would have looked good on that team, he isn't that bad.

This kid with the DC who just coached the NCAA's all-time sack record holder... *insert Rick Flair GIF*

U sign him up he has things u can’t teach and if u coach him up he will be 100xs better then Joe Jack. I love Joe but he doesn’t have the god given talent Jaelan has

Advertisement
At least everybody knew it because Sapp doesn't really hide it but ive been hearing this for a while with Kirbys wack *** but puppy fans will swear he's an angel
He used to bite people’s ankles at the bottom of the pile. Sapp made Suh look like a nice guy.

I would guess that any moves with him and Hill will be kept quiet until NSD, to avoid affecting the depth chart.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back