Jadon Haselwood

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a two man race between Miami and UGA, look at the reasons given for each team outside of UGA
Miami: likes the area and the situation with the receivers also likes coach Dugans
Auburn: has 2 friends committed there and plays for Cam Newton 7v7 team
Oklahoma: childhood team
Miami is the only other team which entices him scheme wise and coaching wise and developmental wise. The fact that he likes our receiver situation despite Malik being our QB says enough for me, as long as we take care of business on our end, this kid will most likely sign a Cane.

Malik won't be here much longer.

Advertisement
"Haselwood is drawn to UM because he likes the area". This is the part of that quote that stands out to me. Its not the first time its come up. And I dont think he's talking about the campus.

Kid lives in Atlanta right? There are more people in the city of Miami than in all of Lee COUNTY Alabama (Auburn), Clarke County Georgia (UGA), Leon County Florida (FSU) or Cleveland County Oklahoma (OU). There are more people in Miami-Dade than all those counties COMBINED. If living in a large city is what's most important to him... its already over. And even if it's not on top, its still working in our favor.

No matter what their fans believe, college towns are not the same as major cities.

$ will win in the end unfortunately.

I hear you on this but I don't think this kid is about that. I don't know anything for sure, of course, but it's just my gut here. I also think Haselwood is looking to get out of Georgia. Again - just my opinion - and we have a bunch of guys here from his neck of Georgia who are doing well and happy. We need to have a good season.

Miami and GA are vrry similar living wise except obviously there are more beaches but most people who move away from each State move to the other for the most part so it always makes sense when one side loves the other just like Haselwood with us

Advertisement
How I hate this "arguement" - what constitutes $? 10K? 50K? 100K? Its so ridiculous that people still believe large sums of money are being distributed and no compliance dept sees it----ever!!!! The bag game is so overblown.

How I hate this "arguement" - what constitutes $? 10K? 50K? 100K? Its so ridiculous that people still believe large sums of money are being distributed and no compliance dept sees it----ever!!!! The bag game is so overblown.

That’s because you’re in total denial and ignorant to the topic. I know players that have been offered bags and they aren’t the #1 WR in the nation. Far from it. Additionally, we are talking about Georgia. All depends on whether or not the kid is playing the “game.”

That’s because you’re in total denial and ignorant to the topic. I know players that have been offered bags and they aren’t the #1 WR in the nation. Far from it. Additionally, we are talking about Georgia. All depends on whether or not the kid is playing the “game.”
No you don’t. You don’t know anything. You speculate.

Advertisement

Not bashing you because you're correct in the vast, vast majority of cases.

But this one feels a little different. I think this kid understands that if he stays healthy, he's going to make a ton of money in the NFL. And he wants the best position to do that....i.e. he wants to be a first round pick. If he thinks he has a better opportunity for that to happen at Miami over UGA, that outweighs the bag right now. These kids aren't dumb.

Now, that being said, it's still hard to say no to a lot of money to stay home. I get that totally. But something is a little different about this kid. He really seems like he's intent on making the best LONG TERM decision.

Not bashing you because you're correct in the vast, vast majority of cases.

But this one feels a little different. I think this kid understands that if he stays healthy, he's going to make a ton of money in the NFL. And he wants the best position to do that....i.e. he wants to be a first round pick. If he thinks he has a better opportunity for that to happen at Miami over UGA, that outweighs the bag right now. These kids aren't dumb.

Now, that being said, it's still hard to say no to a lot of money to stay home. I get that totally. But something is a little different about this kid. He really seems like he's intent on making the best LONG TERM decision.

I agree with you. He may very well go to georgia because they’re a good program and the hometown team..but he seems very serious about his future and will not sacrifice that for bags.

Advertisement
Bags most definitely exist... worked at a small school in TN last year and there was a donor for our program and put large $$$ towards the school in general that paid for a recruit from his old high school in knoxville to come play there. Mind you he was a borderline take for an FBS program, considering other FCS schools, he was paid to come. Our staff was even aware but never had anything to do with it as far as requesting him be paid or anything. It happened on its own.

If it happens at an FCS school it happens in the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12, etc

Not that I think we have a good shot at this kid (not yet, anyhow), but I know he's buddies with Burton. Helps us, hurts us or not really a factor?

Advertisement
Jermaine Burton? He is in in California now. Playing at a school out there. He was part of a whole eligibility controversy at Marietta and deemed ineligible to play there this year. Went west.

Jermaine Burton? He is in in California now. Playing at a school out there. He was part of a whole eligibility controversy at Marietta and deemed ineligible to play there this year. Went west.

Didn't he get kicked out of IMG as well? Probably for the best that he jumped ship.

Advertisement
Back