Jadon Haselwood

A few interesting points from an interview done by TOS with Haselwood's coach:

“It’s Georgia and Miami right now,” Smith said. “Auburn and Florida State are also in the mix, and Oklahoma is pushing.”
Haselwood hasn’t set up his official visits yet but Smith said “he’ll take at least three, and Georgia and Miami for sure will be two of them.”
Smith, who says he’s talking with Cane coaches personally as well, says his sense is that Haselwood is drawn to UM because he likes the area and “he likes the situation with the receivers, likes coach (Ron) Dugans and Miami is known for having good receivers.”

I think it's pretty interesting Haselwood's coach is talking with our staff. He did say he believes it will go to signing day in December and was asked if he would be shocked if Haselwood signed with Miami. He said he doesn't know if he would be shocked but he did point out that he is committed right now to UGA.
Good make them mfs sweat and work to keep him committed

Advertisement
Good make them mfs sweat and work to keep him committed

It's so interesting - I know you read the UGA board too. They don't ever mention us with regard to Haselwood - they only seem to care about Auburn. I think they just assume CMR could never flip one of their guys. so smug

“It’s Georgia and Miami right now,” Smith said. “Auburn and Florida State are also in the mix, and Oklahoma is pushing.”
Haselwood hasn’t set up his official visits yet but Smith said “he’ll take at least three, and Georgia and Miami for sure will be two of them.”
Smith, who says he’s talking with Cane coaches personally as well, says his sense is that Haselwood is drawn to UM because he likes the area and “he likes the situation with the receivers, likes coach (Ron) Dugans and Miami is known for having good receivers.”

I think it's pretty interesting Haselwood's coach is talking with our staff. He did say he believes it will go to signing day in December and was asked if he would be shocked if Haselwood signed with Miami. He said he doesn't know if he would be shocked but he did point out that he is committed right now to UGA.

**** this is very good news

It's so interesting - I know you read the UGA board too. They don't ever mention us with regard to Haselwood - they only seem to care about Auburn. I think they just assume CMR could never flip one of their guys. so smug

To be fair, I don’t blame them for not worrying about us. We have yet to flip a commit of theirs. First time for everything though.

Advertisement
I think Canes giving them a battle for Haselwood and Stevenson also. They had an article on him today and their writer basically said it is 50/50 for Stevenson and I thought he was gone for sure based on what some sites reported earlier.

Would be a massive pull. Sell him on playing with Jeff Thomas for a year. He won’t be challenged by a safety at all.

Glad to see there are some kids out there who understand what the City of Miami brings to the table. Can’t be replicated by Athens. All of the pros are spensing their offseasons in miami, not these podunk college towns.

Advertisement
Because they know Auburn can compete with them $$$ wise

Advertisement

Every time this thread goes left, you pull it right back in, props to you dawg for the info.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s really a two man race between Miami and UGA, look at the reasons given for each team outside of UGA
Miami: likes the area and the situation with the receivers also likes coach Dugans
Auburn: has 2 friends committed there and plays for Cam Newton 7v7 team
Oklahoma: childhood team
Miami is the only other team which entices him scheme wise and coaching wise and developmental wise. The fact that he likes our receiver situation despite Malik being our QB says enough for me, as long as we take care of business on our end, this kid will most likely sign a Cane.

Last edited:
Advertisement
At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a two man race between Miami and UGA, look at the reasons given for each team outside of UGA
Miami: likes the area and the situation with the receivers also likes coach Dugans
Auburn: has 2 friends committed there and plays for Cam Newton 7v7 team
Oklahoma: childhood team
Miami is the only other team which entices him scheme wise and coaching wise and developmental wise. The fact that he likes our receiver situation despite Malik being our QB says enough for me, as long as we take care of business on our end, this kid will most likely sign a Cane.

His coach just said it’s a two man race between Miami and UGA.

Advertisement
Back