Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
Just going to leave this here..... From Manny Navarro at The Athletic this morning:

Payton, the highest-rated recruit among Miami’s 14 commitments in the 2019 signing class, said a sense of urgency was conveyed to him because the receiver room could look a little different than it does now once he arrives on campus as an early enrollee the second week of January.

As it stands, Miami is supposed to bring back seven receivers who made at least one catch in 2018: Lawrence Cager, Mike Harley, Dee Wiggins, Brian Hightower, Mark Pope, Evidence Njoku and Marquez Ezzard. But Payton said it is his understanding Cager, completing his fourth season at Miami as a redshirt junior, could be on his way out.

Reached by phone Monday night, Cager’s father, Lawrence Sr., did not want to discuss his son’s future at Miami.

WOW!!!

Been called it. Cager won’t be asked back/he doesn’t want to come back. He looked like he gave up in the Pitt game. All his incoming class is gone and he just doesn’t fit anymore. Younger kids are coming to take his lunch.

Been called it. Cager won’t be asked back/he doesn’t want to come back. He looked like he gave up in the Pitt game. All his incoming class is gone and he just doesn’t fit anymore. Younger kids are coming to take his lunch.

thank god

Is there any chance we land Justin Fields? I remember people saying that Haselwood and him had talked in the past. Maybe I'm misremembering that. Would be a **** of a duo here though. If we could get a decent QB coach and OC that is.

I was thinking about something else the other day too. Does anyone remember a quote from JH after a visit here where he said Jaron was throwing the ball with him? He was saying he liked the way he threw. If we dont get Fields, then I'm hoping theres some plan to play Jaron next year. I've always liked him most out of out current QBs. Maybe Jaron is part of what's pulling him to Miami. Also all of the comments and swag I see from this kid remind me of the old school swag we've been lacking. I want this kid more than any other WR in recent memory.

Is there any chance we land Justin Fields? I remember people saying that Haselwood and him had talked in the past. Maybe I'm misremembering that. Would be a **** of a duo here though. If we could get a decent QB coach and OC that is.

I was thinking about something else the other day too. Does anyone remember a quote from JH after a visit here where he said Jaron was throwing the ball with him? He was saying he liked the way he threw. If we dont get Fields, then I'm hoping theres some plan to play Jaron next year. I've always liked him most out of out current QBs. Maybe Jaron is part of what's pulling him to Miami. Also all of the comments and swag I see from this kid remind me of the old school swag we've been lacking. I want this kid more than any other WR in recent memory.

Lmfao WHAT?! You realize he's at UGA right?

Advertisement
U sound like a woman arguing. **** lets go back to when Bruce was in pre-school when he put gum in little abby's hair when he was supposed to be taking a nap...that's how u sound.

Dumb.

I understand the L's we have taken on the field and in recruiting have got a lot of people shook but keeping bruce would have been a nightmare. You may not know this but once he signs that LOI he is on the team even though in his case he wasn't reporting until the summer. So Miami coaches have every right to discipline him. He was made aware of this. Miami cannot give the passes that other programs give because the NCAA has a double standard when it comes to us. ANYONE who calls themselves a cane fan should be aware of this. In short the NCAA is looking to **** us, we cannot supply the condom, no matter who it is.

Where did this notion of Fields transferring here come from? Is he that tight with Hasselwood?

People just saying anything

Not really. A lot of smoke there, and Fields didn't exactly squash the rumor when he was asked about it. I'm not sure anyone who's been paying attention would be totally shocked if he left. The overwhelming sentiment out of Athens is that Fromm is going to stay for 4 years. He has 2 years left.

Advertisement
Yes I do. You're the dumbshiit because I specifically recall Bruce talking to kids about making bad decisions and helping out at a football clinic in the aftermath and still couldn't shake the negative clout. Mork is a fuucking football fraud. He needs to decide if he wants to be a $4mil chaplain for UM and bless kids like Bruce or its HC. No room for both if want to play with the big boys.
can you please stop calling him moork. its dumb af and not funny

Mork won't allow him to enjoy it anyway so this city and country debate is a non-factor I think....if you're a smart kid and big time player, you'll go to a big time school that also has good role players......I mean shiit Mork suspends you just for sneezing...
it is so annoying reading mork everytime you post. u r annoying

Not really. A lot of smoke there, and Fields didn't exactly squash the rumor when he was asked about it. I'm not sure anyone who's been paying attention would be totally shocked if he left. The overwhelming sentiment out of Athens is that Fromm is going to stay for 4 years. He has 2 years left.
I understand the rumors for transferring but I’m just wondering why people speculate on him coming here with no ties to UM. Is he close to any GA kids on the team or potential recruits like Hasselwood?

Advertisement
I understand the rumors for transferring but I’m just wondering why people speculate on him coming here with no ties to UM. Is he close to any GA kids on the team or potential recruits like Hasselwood?
I wasn't claiming to know any kind of inside info. It's been said that him and Haselwood are close. It's also been said the whole racial thing with Fields at UGA tipped the scales of him backing off UGA. If this is true and Haselwood is in fact coming to Miami, why is it crazy to think we may have a chance at Fields. If I'm Fields and have a dynamic WR friend like Haselwood why not consider playing with him? I know it's extremely unlikely, but I'm sick of all the negativity around here and want to hope for some kind of positive future.

Oh, yeah I didn't mean to insinuate at all that he'd consider Miami. I have no idea. I was just saying that there might be some smoke to the transfer rumors.

But I have read that he is close to Haselwood.

I wasn't claiming to know any kind of inside info. It's been said that him and Haselwood are close. It's also been said the whole racial thing with Fields at UGA tipped the scales of him backing off UGA. If this is true and Haselwood is in fact coming to Miami, why is it crazy to think we may have a chance at Fields. If I'm Fields and have a dynamic WR friend like Haselwood why not consider playing with him? I know it's extremely unlikely, but I'm sick of all the negativity around here and want to hope for some kind of positive future.

Because if fields was coming we would not be full court pressing Sam Howell. We also wouldn’t have pursued kelly Bryant. Gotta connect some dots guys. Hasslewood also has a good relationship with Jarren Williams.

Complete speculation from racial comments and how his recruitment went I would see fields transferring to FSU way before Miami(this is not a rumor for those who like to take info on this board and run with it). Also would explain the FSU visit for hasslewood.

From what everyone says and the kids actions on social media hasslewood is coming to be the next Andre Johnson at Miami.

Advertisement
Just need to get Haselwood to pull Fields, then Fields to reach out to Neal. Ask him to protect him for the next 3 years at the U. I could live with that...a man
Because if fields was coming we would not be full court pressing Sam Howell. We also wouldn’t have pursued kelly Bryant. Gotta connect some dots guys. Hasslewood also has a good relationship with Jarren Williams.

Complete speculation from racial comments and how his recruitment went I would see fields transferring to FSU way before Miami(this is not a rumor for those who like to take info on this board and run with it). Also would explain the FSU visit for hasslewood.

From what everyone says and the kids actions on social media hasslewood is coming to be the next Andre Johnson at Miami.
Sounds good to me. I've wanted Jarren to be the guy since I first saw him play a couple years ago. I really hope he takes the job from Kosi next year.

I just heard from the street corner crackhead that Fields is going to Texas A&M and Haselwood is going to follow him. Signed, sealed and delivered. This is the skrate truth bruh. Watch what I be sayin' then holla!

This whole thread is bonkers, but for the record:

Howell has nothing to do with a transfer...we are looking very thin in the QB room and Fields would have to sit out a year anyway.

Bryant has LESS than nothing to do with Fields, who again, has to sit out a year.

Advertisement
Back