JaDarien Boykin

Patke went to see Asante yesterday. I forget what his position is - don’t know if this affects that.

Also now Ezzard may be leaving- that’s another spot theoretically.

Advertisement
And what is the basis for saying the staff is turning Boykin away? We are not in a position to be doing that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Following his recruitment is clear he was a backup after we got burned with Bogle on the AA game. The staff brought him in and he wanted to commit on the spot, he told somebody on a interview he thought he would be a Cane, aka I want to commit, but the staff won't take me yet.

With Phillips, Hill, maybe Bogle plus the players already on the roster the staff probably felt like he was expandable and probably could get somebody better next cycle. I have no idea if he was being recruited as LB or DE, LB is a bigger need, but that's my overall view

Advertisement
Following his recruitment is clear he was a backup after we got burned with Bogle on the AA game. The staff brought him in and he wanted to commit on the spot, he told somebody on a interview he thought he would be a Cane, aka I want to commit, but the staff won't take me yet.

With Phillips, Hill, maybe Bogle plus the players already on the roster the staff probably felt like he was expandable and probably could get somebody better next cycle. I have no idea if he was being recruited as LB or DE, LB is a bigger need, but that's my overall view
It's cool of bogle comes, but what of bogle doesn't come.

It's cool of bogle comes, but what of bogle doesn't come.
I don’t think they care.

I’m not saying they are right or wrong and I don’t have any insight just my opinion. Boykin would not see the field this year and probably would see very little in 2020. The staff must have felt it could get better prospects by 2021 for the spot, probably feel Garvin, Hills and Phillips + Harvey, Rosseau, Williams + 1 recruiting class are enough for these 2 years

The staff might think he's too small for DE (I agree) and not instinctive or fluid enough to play LB. That's fair.

Advertisement
Back