JaDarien Boykin

Advertisement
If he is salty about another transfer it's ridiculous. Manny has a ton of rotation on the DL to keep guys fresh. There will be plenty of reps for everyone. There will also be speed packages with additional pass rushers, and depending on the opponent (esp a pass heavy one) he would get even more opportunities for sacks (that will be his ticket to the NFL as he is too small for a 3 down DE). The new DC had the top sack totals in football at La Tech. Boykin would like have double digit sacks at Miami. Hope he gets over it and realizes Miami would be best for his career.
He is not salty about anything he was told his spot had filled up

From my understanding the staff told him they felt he was too small to play DE and started recruiting him as a linebacker. However there was some sort of skepticism from him or from the staff about him being able to play that position.

Advertisement
Manny is getting us back to 85 scholarship players. Which we haven’t fielded a full 85 since probably 2011. Kids are going to be pushed out or where we don’t have to take tweeners. I really liked Boykin’s game.

But maybe instead of taking a tweener Manny is getting grad transfers to help with immediate depth. With that said, I would think Manny is going that route so we can take a bigger class in 2020 because it is looooaded.

I liked Boykin, but with Jafari Harvey committed, Hill and Phillips wanting in as transfers, and an outside shot at Khris Bogle, there's no need to take Boykin.

We're not lacking for numbers.

Advertisement
Its not. I dont get why our fans dont understand that there are unlimited spots.
4951F48B-4AF7-4675-B67B-7C77CAEA0D5F.gif

Me neither...I just think that he is a Backer here who they will blitz alot and move around. That kid is a HUNTER...you always want those types on defense. At worst he is a special teams corner stone

Lil Spencer Adkins.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back