JaDarien Boykin

Advertisement
If I was you guys I wouldn’t believe nothing I hear until it’s official Signing Day is February 6 we don’t know what happened with Boykin what if he is talking about another Program who knows it’s just all Assumptions and Rumors just like the Applewhite Situation and look we got a whole different guy stop believing BS and wait and see what happens 💯

Advertisement
I know that during recruiting, coaches have to make certain choices. Sometimes we fans agree with the moves, and sometimes we don’t. I feel good about the kids we’re targeting and signing. And I don’t think that not signing this kid will cost us any games, no matter what school he eventually signs with. I just wish we could find room for him. I like his game, and I think his skill set is something we could use. I just remember Skai Moore, and James Burgess. Two kids that we could have had, but we decided against because they didn’t have ideal size. It came back to bite us in both cases. That being said, it’s time to move on and finish out the class.

Im sure they knew his size before they started recruiting him and him him on official this last weekend.
Not necessarily true. For years Miami did some measuring and even some limited testing when recruits came in for O.V.s. They would do height, weight, etc. They also did, from what I remember and I think reliably, vertical jumps.

Back in the '80's, recruiting "guru" Max Emfinger told me he wondered whether UM was violating NCAA rules against workouts of recruits on visits.

What else they tested or measured, I don't know. Whether they still do this, I don't know.

It's foolish to assume that UM has locktight accurate information on heights, weights, before the visit

At some point last year we slow played that DT from South Georgia (Chatman? Chatfield?)because Manny did not like his leg anatomy. i'm sure the coaches use the O.V. to eyeball players, as well as do the limited testing/measuring that they are allowed to do.

Advertisement
From my understanding the staff told him they felt he was too small to play DE and started recruiting him as a linebacker. However there was some sort of skepticism from him or from the staff about him being able to play that position.
That's the understandable. He's truly a tweener. We've had a number over the years. And they often spend their careers on special teams. Remember guys like Carl Walker, Derrick Golden?

If I was you guys I wouldn’t believe nothing I hear until it’s official Signing Day is February 6 we don’t know what happened with Boykin what if he is talking about another Program who knows it’s just all Assumptions and Rumors just like the Applewhite Situation and look we got a whole different guy stop believing BS and wait and see what happens 💯
Here 's something for you:

A bundle of punctuation, commas and periods. Please feel free to distribute them throughout your post as you see fit.

Dam. I don't know what Manny and the new DC are doing with these stupid decisions. Don't they ever read this board?

Advertisement
Imho, you need the portal as a great equalizer of attitudes. These young kids who keep saying yes ill sign with the U only to shun us and sign with other schools. The portal is the great equalizer because now we dont have to wait around and play games with somebodies child(ren).

Last edited:
No way we get him...24/7s latest article has him as a 150% CB lock to Louisville...though I do feel a little better looking at his recruiting page...at least it is only 100% there.

:youre-nuts:

Advertisement
What about Golden not offering James Burgess, and then we play Louisville and the kid a$$ rapes our offense.
bro, i begged them to offer DJ Moore plus he could have brought Pop Upshur as a package. Coley couldnt get golden to sign off. they wanted Cager and terrell chatham smh

Advertisement
Back