JaDarien Boykin

If he is salty about another transfer it's ridiculous. Manny has a ton of rotation on the DL to keep guys fresh. There will be plenty of reps for everyone. There will also be speed packages with additional pass rushers, and depending on the opponent (esp a pass heavy one) he would get even more opportunities for sacks (that will be his ticket to the NFL as he is too small for a 3 down DE). The new DC had the top sack totals in football at La Tech. Boykin would like have double digit sacks at Miami. Hope he gets over it and realizes Miami would be best for his career.

Advertisement
You don't push away a kid because a grad transfer (Nnoruka or Hill) with 1 year to play 1 took his spot.

This is because of Bogle or (more likely) Phillips and, if it's the case, I'm perfectly good with that.

This kid isn't all that. A lot of these kids are scraps at this point. There are better options next year. Go after grad transfers.

Advertisement
So basically theres no reliable source to confirm this? Still under assumption we land him
The rumor is he got pushed out because of his size. If you check his Twitter, he tweeted recently about how size isn’t everything in football, or something along those lines. If you connect the dots, it looks like he’s gone.

The rumor is he got pushed out because of his size. If you check his Twitter, he tweeted recently about how size isn’t everything in football, or something along those lines. If you connect the dots, it looks like he’s gone.

Im sure they knew his size before they started recruiting him and him him on official this last weekend.

Advertisement
Im sure they knew his size before they started recruiting him and him him on official this last weekend.
I agree, but we’re starting to run out of scholarships. Maybe we were going to take him initially, but once Hill and Phillips confirmed their interest they might have taken his spot.

Sucks, I really wanted this kid as our Trent Harris. IF we can snag Hill & Phillips then this doesn’t matter much. If we don’t land anyone then there’s a problem.

Advertisement
I agree, but we’re starting to run out of scholarships. Maybe we were going to take him initially, but once Hill and Phillips confirmed their interest they might have taken his spot.

I guess we’ll see how it plays out. But based off needs and how he fits Mannys “fast and violent” to a tee, I have a hard time beliving we dropped him. Time will tell.

Advertisement
Someone on this thread spoke to him personally if he chooses to post it on here he will. Seen the screen shots myself

Probably means Phillips took his spot. I doubt this has anything to do with Bogle or Hill. Hill is a one year rental and Bogle is a flake. Phillips is a DE with multiple years of eligibility left. Simpson also met him last night.

Advertisement
Back