Jacurri Brown's game today

Advertisement
This place my god.
Multiple threads about how Goldie could’ve landed us in the moon with Lamar Jackson.
Then turnaround and criticize Garcia and tvd cause they’re not a real dual threat.
How many dudes on here weren’t impressed with Garcia at all and were critical about us taking him? I still recall a thread where someone said “the only reason Garcia looks good is because he has 2 p5 receivers at Narbone”.
Brown is not a good running qb. He is an exceptional running qb. He’s a fckng problem out there. A really big fckng problem. His arm is good enough to be more than respected but his running is a **** nightmare for a dc. To big to tackle with a small guy and too fast to tackle with a big guy.
People out here making blanket statements without asking about how good is his offense scheme right now? What about his receivers?
Good running qb’s have wrecked havoc in cfb since shoelaces went to Michigan. Exceptional running qb’s make irrelevant teams look like the next man up. Nobody wanted to play Louisville and auburn ain’t winning sht without cam. This place would explode if Plunlee would’ve transferred here.
There is always the element of not knowing till he plays an actual college game. But wtf??!!!
People forget that at Auburn Lashlee/Malzahn were running spread option offenses with mobile QBs that HS coaches still wax nostalgic about. 11on11 football is a powerful thing.

The N'kosi Perry comparisons are idiotic because Jacurri actually has functional pocket movement. He's shown he can climb the pocket, slide and reset his feet, get flushed and throw on the move. He's very dangerous on 2nd reaction plays but in a good way not self-destructive like Perry. Perry was a chicken with his head cut off in HS. He really struggled in the conventional dropback game and broke structure with disastrous results, and of course that carried over to college.

As far as running QBs go Jacurri is further along mechanically than most and that speaks to the work he's put in with offseason training over the years. Yet our "fans" act like he's a total project just playing backyard football with no substance to his game as a passer.

Guy is an elite athlete. He's going to be a better passer when its all said and done. But the strength that he'll bring to the offense is the 2 way threat. Last year the young man rushed for 1100 yards. The year before 1500 yards. 7.5 yards per carry. He's big, durable, strong armed and has some leadership skills. There's a lot to work with.

As an aside, I like his ambition to win the Heisman.

People forget that at Auburn Lashlee/Malzahn were running spread option offenses with mobile QBs that HS coaches still wax nostalgic about. 11on11 football is a powerful thing.

The N'kosi Perry comparisons are idiotic because Jacurri actually has functional pocket movement. He's shown he can climb the pocket, slide and reset his feet, get flushed and throw on the move. He's very dangerous on 2nd reaction plays but in a good way not self-destructive like Perry. Perry was a chicken with his head cut off in HS. He really struggled in the conventional dropback game and broke structure with disastrous results, and of course that carried over to college.

As far as running QBs go Jacurri is further along mechanically than most and that speaks to the work he's put in with offseason training over the years. Yet our "fans" act like he's a total project just playing backyard football with no substance to his game as a passer.
He looked noticeably better , especially keeping his eyes down field when rolling the pocket. He’s a big kid too, so he’s going to be another rb in this offense. He’s way closer to a Cam than a kosi with his build and style.

Advertisement
People get locked into a certain kind of thinking depending on what the quarterback looks like. N’Kosi was always going to be a traditional drop back passer.

N’Kosi does not have the mobility, the speed or the escapability of Brown. I’m not saying he was slow or that he didn’t have the ability to move around in the pocket if he was trained properly, but they’re just not the same kind of quarterback. You just have to be able to see that.

I know people like to throw the Cam Newton comparison but I also see JT Barrett when he played at OSU. Was a really good runner and average passer but knew what it took to win a lot of games. I am also assuming Jacurri ends up as a better passer. Hopefully he gets 1-2 years with Lashlee…wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Can you imagine a goal line package of Jacurri, Cody Brown, and Thad with Arroyo there to catch a wide open TD once the D gets sucked in, bracing for a beating???

Or Brashard sneaking around for a pitch?

More options than we’ve ever had.
Idk if u are familiar with the offense that Coastal Carolina runs rn but that would fit JB perfectly.

402C41B2-90B6-4966-AECE-9C0365C50276.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love the Cam Newton comp. I don't think he'll be as powerful a runner as cam was at Auburn, but I think, with a similar offense to what Auburn ran with Cam, he can definitely be successful.

To me, passed his physical attributes, you wonder if he has he intangible (heart, leadership, a love for football). The kid showed ALOT of heart and leadership bringing his team back on a stage like that.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, I think he's the perfect kid to bring in behind TVD and Garcia. Just as long as he understands he has work to do as a passer. Plus, he has an element to his game the other 2 don't have. In a perfect world, TVD and Garcia lead us to multiple NCs and, by he time Jacurri steps in, he adds a curveball to our O that the previous 2 QBs didn't. In a not so perfect world, our offense struggles and we need Jacurri to step in and provide a wrinkle from time to time.

To the mopes complaining about this kid, who else would you try to bring in, knowing that kids today (especially QBs) don't 'wait their turn'?

Behind the scenes, TVD and Garcia will be in year long battle to see who our QB of the future is. What parent/coach/mentor/handler/etc would send their kid here to sit behind that unless they all understood their kid needed to some time to develop.

This place my god.
Multiple threads about how Goldie could’ve landed us in the moon with Lamar Jackson.
Then turnaround and criticize Garcia and tvd cause they’re not a real dual threat.
How many dudes on here weren’t impressed with Garcia at all and were critical about us taking him? I still recall a thread where someone said “the only reason Garcia looks good is because he has 2 p5 receivers at Narbone”.
Brown is not a good running qb. He is an exceptional running qb. He’s a fckng problem out there. A really big fckng problem. His arm is good enough to be more than respected but his running is a **** nightmare for a dc. To big to tackle with a small guy and too fast to tackle with a big guy.
People out here making blanket statements without asking about how good is his offense scheme right now? What about his receivers?
Good running qb’s have wrecked havoc in cfb since shoelaces went to Michigan. Exceptional running qb’s make irrelevant teams look like the next man up. Nobody wanted to play Louisville and auburn ain’t winning sht without cam. This place would explode if Plunlee would’ve transferred here.
There is always the element of not knowing till he plays an actual college game. But wtf??!!!
Classic CIS form to shI• on the 22 class ambassador

Advertisement
Back