Jacurri Brown's game today

Advertisement
Y'all knew Jacurri was a bit of a project as a passer but with TVD and Garcia and next year's QB you can take a chance ans see if he can turn that potential into a monster at QB. Stop saying the kifs a lost cause in his first game of his senior year
But he's NOT a project.

I've been saying this for a while. They basically run the Ravens run game, which is great, but the pass concepts are a joke.

As for the folks writing him off as a QB - I wholeheartedly disagree. But obviously there will be an adjustment period for Jacurri to execute a passing game that doesn't just have RPOs and 1-man route concepts.
This!!! X 1,000,000

Who says they’re not good? They lost in OT to a Very good Walton team. I guess AH isn’t good because they lost handily to IMG? Jacurri with all of his flaws was the best player on the field!
I pretty much said that in my previous post but sure.

Advertisement
This place my god.
Multiple threads about how Goldie could’ve landed us in the moon with Lamar Jackson.
Then turnaround and criticize Garcia and tvd cause they’re not a real dual threat.
How many dudes on here weren’t impressed with Garcia at all and were critical about us taking him? I still recall a thread where someone said “the only reason Garcia looks good is because he has 2 p5 receivers at Narbone”.
Brown is not a good running qb. He is an exceptional running qb. He’s a fckng problem out there. A really big fckng problem. His arm is good enough to be more than respected but his running is a **** nightmare for a dc. To big to tackle with a small guy and too fast to tackle with a big guy.
People out here making blanket statements without asking about how good is his offense scheme right now? What about his receivers?
Good running qb’s have wrecked havoc in cfb since shoelaces went to Michigan. Exceptional running qb’s make irrelevant teams look like the next man up. Nobody wanted to play Louisville and auburn ain’t winning sht without cam. This place would explode if Plunlee would’ve transferred here.
There is always the element of not knowing till he plays an actual college game. But wtf??!!!

Let me try to understand these posts since I didn’t watch the game and only read what I can here.
Brown lead Lowndes to 2 touchdowns in the final 26 seconds by throwing 2 touchdown passes, of his total of 3, and also ran for 150 yards.
And people are on this website complaining about mechanics? Is anyone considering just how stupid a complaint about mechanics is after watching a quarterback lead a team back from 14 points that late in a game?
The kid is a winner and he’s the best athlete on the field.
Lashlee and Diaz are not so dumb as to pass up on someone with the potential of a Lamar Jackson or Vince Young or at least Tayson HIll. You think players like this grow on trees?

And it’s not like he was surrounded by incredible talent and was implementing some incredible offensive game plan.

The guy is extremely talented, and hasn’t even been to his high school prom yet, and people are complaining about mechanics? These are things that can be improved. It’s not like he has spent thousands of dollars on a personal quarterback coach and elite quarterback teaching/training camps.

You could never get enough of raw talent, hard work and intangibles, it’s not like he stunk it up out there, he had a **** of a game.

Answer me this question, how do you NOT take this guy? Thrilled to have him.

I’ve always said he’s very raw and needs a lot of work.
Yes but that's the good thing because they know TVD and Jake will be ready so put Jacurri in the lab for 3 years and if he hits he's a monster but if not move him to TE. Very little risk

Advertisement
Nice plays there at the end on that last two drive highlight reel.

We'll see what he's got down the road. I don't expect him to hit the field right away. That is unless it's situationally and ****, get him some snaps at TE, WR, and out of the backfield. He has talent with the ball in his hands, but give him time to develop the passing game.

Advertisement
Bro wtf I turned the game off after Walton went up 28-14 because Lowndes playcaller was ****ing me off lmao.

I told myself I learned this lesson after the Duke kickoff return, but...

Let me try to understand these posts since I didn’t watch the game and only read what I can here.
Brown lead Lowndes to 2 touchdowns in the final 26 seconds by throwing 2 touchdown passes, of his total of 3, and also ran for 150 yards.
And people are on this website complaining about mechanics? Is anyone considering just how stupid a complaint about mechanics is after watching a quarterback lead a team back from 14 points that late in a game?
The kid is a winner and he’s the best athlete on the field.
Lashlee and Diaz are not so dumb as to pass up on someone with the potential of a Lamar Jackson or Vince Young or at least Tayson HIll. You think players like this grow on trees?
ALLLLLL OF THIS^

Also, Brown does not sound at all like someone from S. Georgia. Does anyone know if he grew up somewhere else because literally no one from S. Georgia speaks like this young man.

I thought the same thing. What gogeta said (military family) makes sense. Everyday voices in his household probably sound totally different than outside of his house. LOL

Advertisement
And by the way, as long as we don't have plans to go back to some ridiculous pro style offense, this kid is a definite take. And I know the interview clip was only two minutes, but this kid seems like the type to take well to coaching and be willing to work on his craft.

Bring this kid in on goal line O show the world he’s keeping it to either side he’ll score period.

He has way more talent then anybody trying to stop him.

GOCANES

Wait, your nephew is playing for FAU this season? How is he in the same stage of development if he has 1. been introduced to a college football coach 2. surrounded by college football players and 3. literally is at college compared to a HS senior who is playing his first game this season?
I meant when he was a senior in highschool, stage of development.

Advertisement
Back