Jacurri Brown's game today

True that! Cause we have two other 4* guys who could play now waiting their turns and we will bring more 4* guys in 23 and beyond. There will be plenty of other options if buddy cannot get right.

King this is the challenge that Diaz and UM has: can they become a program that's good enough that guys like Brown( at all positions) will say,'You know what, Miami is the place I want to be. Im good with waiting my turn a year or three, battling it out, and then playing,"

Especially at QB, where you can only really play one at a time

Win enough, create a solid culture, and it can be done. I honestly believe most programs are better off with veterans at quarterback

That's why this season is so key for Miami and Manny

Advertisement
I was thinking that he would fall into the Vince Young group, but after seeing Lamar Jackson I think that we've got a match.
Nah He’s not Lamar. He’s Not twitched up like that. The comp I gave him was the kid VA tech had last year. This cat is big, fast and just raw. He hasn’t had the QB tutoring that some kids have had coming up

Advertisement
King this is the challenge that Diaz and UM has: can they become a program that's good enough that guys like Brown( at all positions) will say,'You know what, Miami is the place I want to be. Im good with waiting my turn a year or three, battling it out, and then playing,"

Especially at QB, where you can only really play one at a time

Win enough, create a solid culture, and it can be done. I honestly believe most programs are better off with veterans at quarterback

That's why this season is so key for Miami and Manny
I THINK IF THEY DEVELOPED A PACKAGE ALLOWING HIM TO GET SOME REPS BY YEAR 2 IT WOULD ALLOW FOR HIM TO STAY LONGER IN HOPES OF ADDITIONAL WORK.

ALSO BLOWING OUT TEAMS ALLOWING US TO PLAY BACK UPS LEGITIMATELY AND NOT JUST RUNNING OUT THE LCOCK WOULD WORK AS WELL

I have zero worries about our QB room as long as Lashlee is here. The complaints I'm reading here are similar to complaints made about Vick, Young and Jamarcus Russell. Not saying he'll develop into those guys. But if anyone can help him reach his potential, it's Lashlee.

Advertisement
He ended up rated 20th best at Elite 11. I guess they have at least 20 at the Elite 11. It’s like how some states count votes these days.

At least on the Elite 11 Report I saw.

20th? Among the apparent national elite qbs invited to the camp? What a scrub. Pull his offer.

Same ppl knocking Jacurri Brown the same ones that called Brad Kaaya “the messiah”…. Brown is the type of QB that wins football games on the power 5 college football level. Elite athlete with an elite arm… the rest can get worked out and Lashlee’s offense is designed for QBs like him.

Same ppl knocking Jacurri Brown the same ones that called Brad Kaaya “the messiah”…. Brown is the type of QB that wins football games on the power 5 college football level. Elite athlete with an elite arm… the rest can get worked out and Lashlee’s offense is designed for QBs like him.
Zions bashing way up there also

Live look at @KrazyCane as he finished typing this post:

Will Ferrell Old School Debate GIFs | Tenor

Advertisement
I THINK IF THEY DEVELOPED A PACKAGE ALLOWING HIM TO GET SOME REPS BY YEAR 2 IT WOULD ALLOW FOR HIM TO STAY LONGER IN HOPES OF ADDITIONAL WORK.

ALSO BLOWING OUT TEAMS ALLOWING US TO PLAY BACK UPS LEGITIMATELY AND NOT JUST RUNNING OUT THE LCOCK WOULD WORK AS WELL

This is why I hate those who think winning is all that matters -- HOW you win is important. That's why I love blowouts. You get to see the future and develop it.

To me, I think Brown can be broken in like Tebow his freshman year, where he was really a short yardage bulldozer. They pared down the offense for him, gave him specific packages and he actually played a key role in that title team. Brown from a physical standpoint can absolutely give defenses problems in short yardage situations with his size and tenacity

While doing all this, you can polish up the other finer points of his QB play.

I also think he should definitely redshirt given our current QB depth chart. Create some separation in that room

I watched a quick clip from the game. Small sample size, but on nearly every throw I saw (if not every throw), he was throwing from his back foot. He was not using his front foot to plant it forward and get his body into the throw. It was literally all arm. That's super correctable. And even with the questionable mechanics, the throws looked like they had some juice to them. It looks to me like he has a good arm. I am not sure why there were so many "doomers" questioning the kid. He looks talented as ****.

Advertisement
I didn't want to start a new thread and found this as the only JB thread utilizing the search engine (cant be right). That said, would JB help us out as an additional threat in the backfield? We aren't throwing many deep balls anyway and you gotta respect homeboys legs... Fck the redshirt

I think he would just like running the wild cat with 2 RBs. Except he can throw some

Defenses would know what Miami’s doing if he is coming in as just a running threat. Maybe in the red-zone only but I just don’t see it at this point of the year.

Advertisement
Back