Jacorey Brooks

I want Marshall, for sure. I think

Its the team he originally wanted. The glamor of Miami and the momentum died down and he stuck with his gut.

Yall hate on his coach for telling him to wait, but i don't. Imagine coaching a kid who has been all UF for a year. His teammates go to miami and he's starting to second guess. You tell him to hold off and think about it to ensure 100% he's made up his mind. I mean, thats just being a good mentor. I don't blame Jason for not making a rash decision and holding off.

If he thinks Florida will develop him and that's where his heart is, then good luck to the young man.

Alot of people blamed Felder cause there wasn't one guy but two guys. Richards and Young

Not saying he was at fault but just clarifying why people think it is

I think Wilder’s neck injury was under Felder as well. Don’t think it was anything Felder did or didn’t do that caused that though. Just a freak streak of bad luck. Gayot is another one of recent memory.

Advertisement
He was injured year 2. I saw all his home games. He was a different player with a leg injury as well as a neck injury. He wasn’t getting the same separation or burst. Plenty of first rounders on bad teams and sht schemes.
Artie Burns was a first rounder with plenty of film on D-no defense. Even Ed Oliver went first round with him. Njoku first round with cmr sickle cell offense. If you’re good you will stand out and ball. Nobody was covering AR with a ten yard cushion or press man. Dude scored deep, curls, slants, digs, on everyone.
Some of you are Alabama’s and UF’s best recruiters I swear.

ive had my fair share of mope posts. But we keep hyping up our 3-4 star players then blaming staff for those dudes not being first rounders. But then swallow bama UF and Ohio taint seed like they can turn any 4.8 5’6 corner into a day one pick. It’s a stupid *** double standard and schools don’t even have to negative recruit cause they can see us as fans negative recruiting UM More than other schools. If I was recruiting at another school I would just send links from this place with fans that have been on here since 2012 saying “If x dude would’ve gone to bama he would been a top 10 pick”.
The proof is out on the field and in the draft. I never said Bama made Jeudy and the others, but they definitely gave them what they needed to shine, unlike here where kids like Jeff Thomas and Mark Pope get trashed because they aren't producing. We completely misuse our talent.

You mentioned Njoku. TE hasn't been Miami's problem but one thing I will say in a poor offense you can only highlight one guy while good offenses get multiple guys the ball consistently. Lashlee will benefit everyone, it will be night and day from what we've had the past few years.

The proof is out on the field and in the draft. I never said Bama made Jeudy and the others, but they definitely gave them what they needed to shine, unlike here where kids like Jeff Thomas and Mark Pope get trashed because they aren't producing. We completely misuse our talent.

You mentioned Njoku. TE hasn't been Miami's problem but one thing I will say in a poor offense you can only highlight one guy while good offenses get multiple guys the ball consistently. Lashlee will benefit everyone, it will be night and day from what we've had the past few years.
If Jt4 balls at New England and Pope breaks out this year and makes the league then your point is valid. Look at WASU and Utah. Someone pointed out that wasu one year had 3 receivers each with more catches and yards than our whole receiving Corp. But I dont recall any receiver on that team being a 1st rounder.
If the draft is a reflection of talent and not of use
then why do we as fans see jt4 as some first round pick but no team even saw him as low value pick and the pats got him for a few thousand bucks. Your basically saying that every UM fan knows more than every nfl scout or GM.
And this has been a huge problem of us thinking we have all these awesome nfl talent on the team.
Wasted talent is a common theme all over college and pro sports. And it aint got sht to do with coaching or scheme. You need to have it between the ears and in the chest or all the talent in the world ain’t digging you out the whole of not having one or both of those traits.

If Jt4 balls at New England and Pope breaks out this year and makes the league then your point is valid. Look at WASU and Utah. Someone pointed out that wasu one year had 3 receivers each with more catches and yards than our whole receiving Corp. But I dont recall any receiver on that team being a 1st rounder.
If the draft is a reflection of talent and not of use
then why do we as fans see jt4 as some first round pick but no team even saw him as low value pick and the pats got him for a few thousand bucks. Your basically saying that every UM fan knows more than every nfl scout or GM.
And this has been a huge problem of us thinking we have all these awesome nfl talent on the team.
Wasted talent is a common theme all over college and pro sports. And it aint got sht to do with coaching or scheme. You need to have it between the ears and in the chest or all the talent in the world ain’t digging you out the whole of not having one or both of those traits.
Talent beats everything. Obviously if you have elite talent and work ethic you are likely a first rounder. Those small school guys don't have the same talent and athletic ability so obviously they don't get drafted as high.

My point is every offensive player we've had the last few years haven't produced so by your point that means our guys just don't have it. It's not the garbage outdated offensive schemes we were using?

Obviously not every 4 or 5 star plays up to that level for any number of reasons but we your offensive doesn't allow anyone to shine it's not on the players.

Advertisement
I can see Hargreaves since Coker fired his father. But I don't know for the life of me what Golden was thinking blowing off the Wilson family.

Add to it....Chad was the real db coach for Pat Surtain and Tyson Campbell and company. I was the one that saw the problem coming back then and was on grassy screaming for Quincy to be offered.....they offered Ryan Mayes. lmao smh.

This is why at some times i say some fans on the board have more recruiting prowess than our coaches.

Add to it....Chad was the real db coach for Pat Surtain and Tyson Campbell and company. I was the one that saw the problem coming back then and was on grassy screaming for Quincy to be offered.....they offered Ryan Mayes. lmao smh.

This is why at some times i say some fans on the board have more recruiting prowess than our coaches.
So how does it play out if we offered Quincy?

Talent beats everything. Obviously if you have elite talent and work ethic you are likely a first rounder. Those small school guys don't have the same talent and athletic ability so obviously they don't get drafted as high.

My point is every offensive player we've had the last few years haven't produced so by your point that means our guys just don't have it. It's not the garbage outdated offensive schemes we were using?

Obviously not every 4 or 5 star plays up to that level for any number of reasons but we your offensive doesn't allow anyone to shine it's not on the players.
No it does not. Ask anyone who’s seen football down here and even go as far as asking players about talent.
Almost every player I’ve ever met in any sport has said that they’ve seen players that were better than they were but never made it as far as they did cause they didn’t have mentality or the will to succeed.
There have been tons of pro athletes that never maximized their full potential. Extreme talent sometimes makes kids complacent. I knew a local soccer player that had more talent than any youth player I’ve seen In my entire life. When he went to Europe he couldn’t deal with the fact that he wasn’t the best player on the team and wasn’t being treated like royalty. He had a hard time working toward beating out the man or not being the man and quit and came back home after 3 months. He was an average player In Europe that would’ve made the a squad of he is the heart. But he was overwhelmed with that gut check and folded.
He wasn’t going to be happy not being a star. From then on he didn’t see his dream of being a pro player in Europe come true and didn’t even want to try to be a professional in mls.

Just look at Rayshawn Jenkins. Think that dude had Fitzpatrick or Peterson talent? I guarantee you he put in mad work and stayed positive and was gonna make **** sure he stayed in the league.

Last edited:
So how does it play out if we offered Quincy?

We end up with Quincy Wilson an early round cornerback, Likely his brother down the road as a mid round to 1st round CORNERBACK...and maybe multiple guys they were directly associated with considering Chad Wilson is one of the most prominent db coach in south florida that trains alot of top dogs in the area privately.
We dont have Ryan Mayes, Nate Dortchs of the world running around.

Chad Wilson was the HC at USCHOOL whom was putting out prospects

Advertisement
No it does not. Ask anyone who’s seen football down here and even go as far as asking players about talent.
Almost every player I’ve ever met in any sport has said that they’ve seen players that were better than they were but never made it as far as they did cause they didn’t have mentality or the will to succeed.
There have been tons of pro athletes that never maximized their full potential. Extreme talent sometimes makes kids complacent. I knew a local soccer player that had more talent than any youth player I’ve seen In my entire life. When he went to Europe he couldn’t deal with the fact that he wasn’t the best player on the team and wasn’t being treated like royalty. He had a hard time working toward beating out the man or not being the man and quit and came back home after 3 months. He was an average player In Europe that would’ve made the a squad of he is the heart. But he was overwhelmed with that gut check and folded.
He wasn’t going to be happy not being a star. From then on he didn’t see his dream of being a pro player in Europe come true and didn’t even want to try to be a professional in mls.

Just look at Rayshawn Jenkins. Think that dude had Fitzpatrick or Peterson talent? I guarantee you he put in mad work and stayed positive and was gonna make **** sure he stayed in the league.
Your post is assuming talented kids don't work hard. No one becomes great without putting in the work, doesn't matter their physical gifts. My point was all else equal, the NFL will take the guy who is the better athlete which is why you see Bama WRs going first round over kids from Wash State and Utah. Fitzpatrick and Peterson are more talent than Jenkins but they also worked. They didn't just coast on talent into being All-Pro NFL players.

Back to my main point, Miami hasn't put offensive players in position to succeed the same way defensive players didn't get a fair shake under Golden.

We end up with Quincy Wilson an early round cornerback, Likely his brother down the road as a mid round to 1st round CORNERBACK...and maybe multiple guys they were directly associated with considering Chad Wilson is one of the most prominent db coach in south florida that trains alot of top dogs in the area privately.

Nate Dortch......Jesus Christ

Ahh but u forgot big boy donofrio knows elite players and he knows elite safety's too so he must've known ryan mates was gonna be better

Your post is assuming talented kids don't work hard. No one becomes great without putting in the work, doesn't matter their physical gifts. My point was all else equal, the NFL will take the guy who is the better athlete which is why you see Bama WRs going first round over kids from Wash State and Utah. Fitzpatrick and Peterson are more talent than Jenkins but they also worked. They didn't just coast on talent into being All-Pro NFL players.

Back to my main point, Miami hasn't put offensive players in position to succeed the same way defensive players didn't get a fair shake under Golden.
But yet golden still had guys go to the league.
We can likely agree about AQM and Grace going higher under Manny if they had a chance. But no player under Golden was a first round guaranteed talent on D with exception of Chick.
Bama gets classes full of those dudes every year. Duke was going to the league under anybody and that’s basically my point.
Their are plenty of talented players that skate based on talent. Everyone assumes every 4 star or higher player has worked harder than a 3 star and that’s just not true.
You talk about offensive showcase. But Lashlee isn’t going to make our team have 3 day one picks at receiver. I hope he does for our teams sake but the reality just isn’t there. I love our wideouts and feel we have a lot of talent and depth. But There is no Jeudy or Lamb on this team. And if it turn out that way I’ll buy you a bear next home game. I already owe someone on here one for taking an L and I would rejoice if that came true. ****, I’ll buy you 2 or 3 if multiple receivers go day 1 reppin the U.

Advertisement

Wow.

What a brutal turn of events for us.

Alot of people blamed Felder cause there wasn't one guy but two guys. Richards and Young

Not saying he was at fault but just clarifying why people think it is
Three guys. There was a linebacker too that had a career ending neck injury. Can’t remember his name.

We offered Quincy as a safety, which of course he was offended by. Chad was a bit over the top with his hate though.

Advertisement
We offered Quincy as a safety, which of course he was offended by. Chad was a bit over the top with his hate though.

Choad let both of his kids openly troll UM on social media. Why kind of former player lets his kids do that? Richt even brought him back as a paradise coach to try and mend the relationship and he still let his kids act like twats

Choad let both of his kids openly troll UM on social media. Why kind of former player lets his kids do that? Richt even brought him back as a paradise coach to try and mend the relationship and he still let his kids act like twats
Because he was butt hurt his son didn’t get offered as a CB.

Pretty sure Thrill Hill also called out UM for not giving his daughter a scholarship and believe she ended up at the gaytor. Some ex-players hit different when they kid involved.

Advertisement
Back