Jacorey Brooks

Sounds like Luchi Gonzalez? Kind of a shot in the dark though, but I played against him throughout my youth career. We had some real bad *** sides that just couldn't get thru that Miami Strike Force team with Luchi and Amati in State Cup semis and finals. They were a notch above...I think they won the national title a couple times.

He has a nice coaching career setup for himself now in Dallas.

Edit: I went to Europe and did the same thing. Couldn't make it...too small, homesick, knew 0 Portuguese. Had a **** of alot of fun though.
I’m not dropping names but I heard about him too.
The homesick thing with soccer players has been a problem in countries that all of the sudden start developing talent then kids leave and have had no mentors or examples on how to deal with the experience.
My dad was a decent soccer player in Colombia back in the 60’s and almost went pro. He used to say that a lot of south American players were just as good as some European players but as soon as they left they came right back. Imagine being in 1965 in some small city in Peru and you get thrusted to a city in France. No internet and no long distance phone service and a few weeks to get a letter and you stick out like a sore thumb. You have no idea about the language or even the food.
Manny people don’t realize that Pele played for Santos almost all of his career then basically left to the Cosmos for 2 years to retire. He never played for a European team at all. A lot of the top south American players back in the day didn’t have much success in Europe for the reasons I stated
Today A kid in South America probably has coaches or older players that have been in Europe and can advise him on what to expect. We also can’t forget the financial component about leaving some favella as opposed to leaving a middle class suburban single family home with a pool.

A lot easier now. But these really good soccer players down here get their *** kissed so much and are in a lot sense very spoiled after being the best player in their team since they were 6. Then they go to these clubs in Europe or South America and it’s tough not being the center of attention and then seeing half the team just as good if not better than you and the coach all over your *** yelling to keep up.

We also can’t forget the financial component about leaving some favella as opposed to leaving a middle class suburban single family home with a pool.
Imagine being a 13 year old from Senegal and all of the sudden you have air conditioning and running water and 3 hot meals a day when you get to a European soccer academy. Coach tells that kid to run gasers for 10 minutes and he runs them for 20 just so he can stay.

Advertisement
cuz thats a part of our fanbase.

-same way guys ran countless parents out of this board...its some of the same "fanatics". they were trolling b4 he committed to uf. Quincy was almost begiing to be offered. I think Chad attended class and graduated from um AFTER that.

Then the younger son spurned us for uf as well...but we all knew we had no shot there after quincy. We recruited him...Rumph even promoted the announcement ( even though he knew we werent getting him apparently)
That's how I remember it.

I’m not dropping names but I heard about him too.
The homesick thing with soccer players has been a problem in countries that all of the sudden start developing talent then kids leave and have had no mentors or examples on how to deal with the experience.
My dad was a decent soccer player in Colombia back in the 60’s and almost went pro. He used to say that a lot of south American players were just as good as some European players but as soon as they left they came right back. Imagine being in 1965 in some small city in Peru and you get thrusted to a city in France. No internet and no long distance phone service and a few weeks to get a letter and you stick out like a sore thumb. You have no idea about the language or even the food.
Manny people don’t realize that Pele played for Santos almost all of his career then basically left to the Cosmos for 2 years to retire. He never played for a European team at all. A lot of the top south American players back in the day didn’t have much success in Europe for the reasons I stated
Today A kid in South America probably has coaches or older players that have been in Europe and can advise him on what to expect. We also can’t forget the financial component about leaving some favella as opposed to leaving a middle class suburban single family home with a pool.

A lot easier now. But these really good soccer players down here get their *** kissed so much and are in a lot sense very spoiled after being the best player in their team since they were 6. Then they go to these clubs in Europe or South America and it’s tough not being the center of attention and then seeing half the team just as good if not better than you and the coach all over your *** yelling to keep up.

We also can’t forget the financial component about leaving some favella as opposed to leaving a middle class suburban single family home with a pool.
Imagine being a 13 year old from Senegal and all of the sudden you have air conditioning and running water and 3 hot meals a day when you get to a European soccer academy. Coach tells that kid to run gasers for 10 minutes and he runs them for 20 just so he can stay.
I don't have to imagine it. I was there...I lived it for almost a year in Europe in '03-'04 getting yelled at by my coach in a language I couldn't understand, and then having it calmly translated to me by my teammate. Alot of what you are saying holds true and more. As a kid in my early 20s there I have some great memories of that time, but also some horror stories.

No it does not. Ask anyone who’s seen football down here and even go as far as asking players about talent.
Almost every player I’ve ever met in any sport has said that they’ve seen players that were better than they were but never made it as far as they did cause they didn’t have mentality or the will to succeed.
There have been tons of pro athletes that never maximized their full potential. Extreme talent sometimes makes kids complacent. I knew a local soccer player that had more talent than any youth player I’ve seen In my entire life. When he went to Europe he couldn’t deal with the fact that he wasn’t the best player on the team and wasn’t being treated like royalty. He had a hard time working toward beating out the man or not being the man and quit and came back home after 3 months. He was an average player In Europe that would’ve made the a squad of he is the heart. But he was overwhelmed with that gut check and folded.
He wasn’t going to be happy not being a star. From then on he didn’t see his dream of being a pro player in Europe come true and didn’t even want to try to be a professional in mls.

Just look at Rayshawn Jenkins. Think that dude had Fitzpatrick or Peterson talent? I guarantee you he put in mad work and stayed positive and was gonna make **** sure he stayed in the league.

This is a common theme in all sports. I played with multiple kids who are in the big leagues right now. A few of them threw 95 so they made it pretty easily bc they did enough to get by until they got there. But plenty of others got drafted and couldn’t take the bus rides from small town to small town.

I played Juco ball so I played against a bunch of D1 kids who got kicked out and never made it back out bc they didn’t care. Also saw kids who were told they were gonna get signed if they just had the credit hours and they couldn’t even do that. The hardest part of making it in sports is the mental aspect. Those guys don’t get the credit they deserve bc nobody understands how much goes into it.

We didn't like Quincy at corner or safety - he had no offer at either. He camped the summer before his Junior year and the staff thought he was stiff. Still, he held out hope he would get an offer. After the staff didn't offer him at the spring junior day, he tweeted his frustration and was done with Miami. The same time this was going on, our staff didn't offer TMac (who was overrated, year younger than Quincy) and Isaiah Mckenzie from Heritage. We also fumbled the Denver Kirkland situation. Now, these missteps are becoming a trend. Locals questioning the logic behind Golden's evaluations and schemes. That summer, we offered both Ryan Mayes and Dennis Turner at corner. Mayes' own coach gave him a lukewarm review (questions about his physicality) while we proceeded to drop Turner a few months later. So we pass on Quincy because of a camp evaluation then offer Mayes and Turner the next summer as camp evaluations. We pursued Arrion Springs heavily, who we led for until Oregon offered. Additionally, the staff planned on putting Travis Rudolph at DB before he voiced his frustrations. They told him they'd play him at WR if he wanted too, but the damage was done and he decommitted after receiving offers from UF, FSU, and UGA. Ultimately, the db board fell apart.

We could've had Quincy and Lammons as our starting corners and gotten Marco later on.
Yea we could of had Wilson,Rudolph, McKenzie,lemons and Quinton Flowers at qb those were all layups.the 13 and 15 class were even worse on local misses.this new staff now is doing an excellent job recruiting local talent

Advertisement
Yea we could of had Wilson,Rudolph, McKenzie,lemons and Quinton Flowers at qb those were all layups.the 13 and 15 class were even worse on local misses.this new staff now is doing an excellent job recruiting local talent
Al Golden and Coach D thought they were in the MAC. You offer Quincy regardless because of his pops. The end.
Same idiots that didn't offer DJ Moore because they kept a spot for Terrell Chatman.

Some of it is might also be false flag stuff- a fan of another team is pretending to be a Canes fan and is posting stuff to intentionally **** of recruits. You have psychos in Alabama that poison trees because of sports. This would be small potatoes.

Canesuniverse is such a stupidly obvious name. Its like if I wanted to troll a Bama recruit my user name would be BearBryantDaGawd

Its working too. Even our own fans are falling for it and say that these supposed Canes fans are responsible for recruits deciding against Miami. Might be a bit more effective to point out that it's just some hillbilly with dial up internet trolling these players in the guise of a Miami fan.

Ya see? Just read the posts below. Gullible fans eating it up.

It's a foolproof move. If a legitimate Canes fan tries to reply and tell Brooks that the dude blowing up his spot is a fake Canes fan, well now he's only made the problem worse because its yet ANOTHER Cane posting. Meanwhile if you look here, everyone is saying with certainty that a "Canes fan" is to blame. Checkmate.
doesn’t look too well for you now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back