Jacorey Brooks

We offered Quincy as a safety, which of course he was offended by. Chad was a bit over the top with his hate though.
Some people take that as a slap in the face. Dude was drafted pretty high, think he left early too. It would be like telling James Williams he cant play safety here.. Like bruh I got all these schools and you telling me I cant? Dude was a top player at a good school and legacy player.. We had Highsmith here and ray lewis kid here but we cant sell the kid what he wants to hear and give him a chance to prove it on greentree?

Dad used to porst on the boards too, do recruiting videos for all the kids, he was talking up his kids for yearss before they were recruits that they had talent and would play here, **** happens, you got to be able to know how stuff will play out as a corch and recruit accordingly

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty sure Thrill Hill also called out UM for not giving his daughter a scholarship and believe she ended up at the gaytor. Some ex-players hit different when they kid involved.

Calling out UM for a weak academic scholarship offer and letting your kids trash the football program because they want you at S instead of CB is not quite the same thing

We offered Quincy as a safety, which of course he was offended by. Chad was a bit over the top with his hate though.
He didnt have a commitable offer from um. That whole offered at safety thing was a myth. He wasnt recruited as a priority by Um. Again...they offered Ryan Mayes OVER him. Watching both at the same camp..Ryan Mayes couldnt play safety or corner to the level of Quincy Wilson...it was just a dumb decision/eval.

Chad went over the edge when um fans/trolls started getting to em

Calling out UM for a weak academic scholarship offer and letting your kids trash the football program because they want you at S instead of CB is not quite the same thing
They didnt want him at all...dont want to defend chad cause he probably somehow visits here...but um trolls used to get at him and his kids. They got back how they saw fit i guess.

He didnt have a commitable offer from um. That whole offered at safety thing was a myth. He wasnt recruited as a priority by Um. Again...they offered Ryan Mayes OVER him. Watching both at the same camp..Ryan Mayes couldnt play safety or corner to the level of Quincy Wilson...it was just a dumb decision/eval.

But why did our fans troll him or say anything to him? Cos his son went to UF?

Does he have any relationship with UM currently?

Advertisement
But yet golden still had guys go to the league.
We can likely agree about AQM and Grace going higher under Manny if they had a chance. But no player under Golden was a first round guaranteed talent on D with exception of Chick.
Bama gets classes full of those dudes every year. Duke was going to the league under anybody and that’s basically my point.
Their are plenty of talented players that skate based on talent. Everyone assumes every 4 star or higher player has worked harder than a 3 star and that’s just not true.
You talk about offensive showcase. But Lashlee isn’t going to make our team have 3 day one picks at receiver. I hope he does for our teams sake but the reality just isn’t there. I love our wideouts and feel we have a lot of talent and depth. But There is no Jeudy or Lamb on this team. And if it turn out that way I’ll buy you a bear next home game. I already owe someone on here one for taking an L and I would rejoice if that came true. ****, I’ll buy you 2 or 3 if multiple receivers go day 1 reppin the U.
I hope like **** this offense gets moving this year. With all the skill position talent down here it will make it hard for SoFla kids to leave home.

cuz thats a part of our fanbase.

-same way guys ran countless parents out of this board...its some of the same "fanatics". they were trolling b4 he committed to uf. Quincy was almost begiing to be offered. I think Chad attended class and graduated from um AFTER that.

Then the younger son spurned us for uf as well...but we all knew we had no shot there after quincy. We recruited him...Rumph even promoted the announcement ( even though he knew we werent getting him apparently)

Cause anybody that does not bow down to our current coach is an enemy. Even Quincy begged for an offer.

Our super scouts aka cis posters swore Ryan Mayes was better

Advertisement
I

I’ll agree with development in a sense that you have to play them at the right position.
But look at these freshman highlights.
when you got it you got it and you see it day one. Some players you have to try really hard to fck up. Even Golden couldn’t keep Chickilo out of the league. Well he almost did.
But Jeudy was gonna do the same sht here. And AR was doing it with the donk coaching him. And he hasn’t gotten the same results anywhere else cause he didn’t get an AR.

And just like that I forgot how **** good AR82 was. ****

And just like that I forgot how **** good AR82 was. ****
I put his highlights next to Jeudy for a reason. Kids, fans and the media are all glossy eyed when someone puts on that bama uniform.
Even 247 gave Jeudy a bump to 5 star and made Brooks the number 2 receiver after they committed to kkklanville.
But AR’s freshman film is up there with anybodies and he was taller and stronger than Jeudy as a freshman and every bit as fast.
I also believe he was a better blocker and how can we forget that hit against the FSU db up in Tally.
If you’re elite you’re elite period! Don’t need to leave home to show it. And AR gave that midget the middle finger. CANE4L and despite injury he still reps the U all over social media and still helps recruit players here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I put his highlights next to Jeudy for a reason. Kids, fans and the media are all glossy eyed when someone puts in that bama uniform.
Even 247 gave Jeudy a bump to 5 star and made Brooks the number 2 receiver after they committed to kkklanville.
But AR’s freshman film is up there with anybodies and he was taller and stronger than Jeudy as a freshman and every bit as fast.
I also believe he was a better blocker and how can we forget that hit against the FSU db up in Tally.
If you’re elite you’re elite period! Don’t need to leave home to show it. And AR gave that midget the middle finger. CANE4L amd despite injury he still reps the U all over social media and still helps recruit players here.
God that block was incredible. And I think the same DB came to the rock the next year and homer put him on his ***. Westbrook right ?

We didn't like Quincy at corner or safety - he had no offer at either. He camped the summer before his Junior year and the staff thought he was stiff. Still, he held out hope he would get an offer. After the staff didn't offer him at the spring junior day, he tweeted his frustration and was done with Miami. The same time this was going on, our staff didn't offer TMac (who was overrated, year younger than Quincy) and Isaiah Mckenzie from Heritage. We also fumbled the Denver Kirkland situation. Now, these missteps are becoming a trend. Locals questioning the logic behind Golden's evaluations and schemes. That summer, we offered both Ryan Mayes and Dennis Turner at corner. Mayes' own coach gave him a lukewarm review (questions about his physicality) while we proceeded to drop Turner a few months later. So we pass on Quincy because of a camp evaluation then offer Mayes and Turner the next summer as camp evaluations. We pursued Arrion Springs heavily, who we led for until Oregon offered. Additionally, the staff planned on putting Travis Rudolph at DB before he voiced his frustrations. They told him they'd play him at WR if he wanted too, but the damage was done and he decommitted after receiving offers from UF, FSU, and UGA. Ultimately, the db board fell apart.

We could've had Quincy and Lammons as our starting corners and gotten Marco later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
We didn't like Quincy at corner or safety - he had no offer at either. He camped the summer before his Junior year and the staff thought he was stiff. Still, he held out hope he would get an offer. After the staff didn't offer him at the spring junior day, he tweeted his frustration and was done with Miami. The same time this was going on, our staff didn't offer TMac (who was overrated, year younger than Quincy) and Isaiah Mckenzie from Heritage. We also fumbled the Denver Kirkland situation. Now, these missteps are becoming a trend. That following summer, we offered both Ryan Mayes and Dennis Turner at corner. Mayes' own coach gave him a lukewarm review (questions about his physicality) while we proceeded to drop Turner a few months later. So we pass on Quincy because of a camp evaluation then offer Mayes and Turner the next summer as camp evaluations. We pursued Arrion Springs heavily, who we led for until Oregon offered. Additionally, the staff planned on putting Travis Rudolph at DB before he voiced his frustrations. They told him they'd play him at WR if he wanted too, but the damage was done and he decommitted after receiving offers from UF, FSU, and UGA. Ultimately, the db board fell apart.

We could've had Quincy and Lammons as our starting corners and gotten Marco later on.
Every time I think I have heard everything bad that possibly could have happened during the Golden years, some new details come out to show how god awful of a fit he was in Miami. What an unmitigated disaster.

Edit - Chad Wilson can still **** off. He got a free education and MBA from Miami. That was two staffs ago now. Show a semblance of class and appreciation for those opportunities.

No it does not. Ask anyone who’s seen football down here and even go as far as asking players about talent.
Almost every player I’ve ever met in any sport has said that they’ve seen players that were better than they were but never made it as far as they did cause they didn’t have mentality or the will to succeed.
There have been tons of pro athletes that never maximized their full potential. Extreme talent sometimes makes kids complacent. I knew a local soccer player that had more talent than any youth player I’ve seen In my entire life. When he went to Europe he couldn’t deal with the fact that he wasn’t the best player on the team and wasn’t being treated like royalty. He had a hard time working toward beating out the man or not being the man and quit and came back home after 3 months. He was an average player In Europe that would’ve made the a squad of he is the heart. But he was overwhelmed with that gut check and folded.
He wasn’t going to be happy not being a star. From then on he didn’t see his dream of being a pro player in Europe come true and didn’t even want to try to be a professional in mls.

Just look at Rayshawn Jenkins. Think that dude had Fitzpatrick or Peterson talent? I guarantee you he put in mad work and stayed positive and was gonna make **** sure he stayed in the league.
Sounds like Luchi Gonzalez? Kind of a shot in the dark though, but I played against him throughout my youth career. We had some real bad *** sides that just couldn't get thru that Miami Strike Force team with Luchi and Amati in State Cup semis and finals. They were a notch above...I think they won the national title a couple times.

He has a nice coaching career setup for himself now in Dallas.

Edit: I went to Europe and did the same thing. Couldn't make it...too small, homesick, knew 0 Portuguese. Had a **** of alot of fun though.

Not surprised after watching our staph drool all over the Delaware 2 star's film. Clueless *****.

They didnt want him at all...dont want to defend chad cause he probably somehow visits here...but um trolls used to get at him and his kids. They got back how they saw fit i guess.

I know you are dialed in down there. Terrible evaluation on our part.

Advertisement
Back