Jacorey Brooks

Brooks is the best receiver in SFL and definitely someone the staff should be all over to potentially flip

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of it is might also be false flag stuff- a fan of another team is pretending to be a Canes fan and is posting stuff to intentionally **** of recruits. You have psychos in Alabama that poison trees because of sports. This would be small potatoes.

Canesuniverse is such a stupidly obvious name. Its like if I wanted to troll a Bama recruit my user name would be BearBryantDaGawd

Its working too. Even our own fans are falling for it and say that these supposed Canes fans are responsible for recruits deciding against Miami. Might be a bit more effective to point out that it's just some hillbilly with dial up internet trolling these players in the guise of a Miami fan.

Ya see? Just read the posts below. Gullible fans eating it up.

It's a foolproof move. If a legitimate Canes fan tries to reply and tell Brooks that the dude blowing up his spot is a fake Canes fan, well now he's only made the problem worse because its yet ANOTHER Cane posting. Meanwhile if you look here, everyone is saying with certainty that a "Canes fan" is to blame. Checkmate.
Yeah I agree with you here the account that posted it “CanesNotify” first post came on July 14th lol could definitely be a troll/imposter

Yeah I agree with you here the account that posted it “CanesNotify” first post came on July 14th lol could definitely be a troll/imposter

Of course it is. Bama fan hears Brooks might be listening to Miami so he creates a fake account and starts posting pro-Miami stuff on Brooks social media. Then coaches and other recruits start asking him what's all the Miami talk. He has to deny it, reaffirm his commitment, and deny the Miami interest. At the same time he gets ****ed off at the (fake) Miami fans for putting him in the awkward position. As you pointed out- the 1st post date tells you all you need to know. A Canes fan created an account a couple weeks ago to post pro-Canes messages on Brooks social media? Dont believe it for a second. So transparently obvious what happened. Sadly, even veteran posters herw ate it up- hook, line, and sinker.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a question, I read Ivins say that we had another commitment, but he didn't say it would be a shocker. Every where I read people are saying that this commit would shock. Am I missing something? Did Ivins say a shocking commit or is it just speculation?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a question, I read Ivins say that we had another commitment, but he didn't say it would be a shocker. Every where I read people are saying that this commit would shock. Am I missing something? Did Ivins say a shocking commit or is it just speculation?

You are correct, Ivins only said it was going to be “active day on the recruiting front” on Thursday. Then the 2022 kid committed and he said there would still be another which as we know never transpired. He then said the kid had informed the staff and had his edit made but that it was pushed to this weekend.

He never said “shocking commit”. That was said by others on social media and everyone ran with it. It could be a shocking one but he never said it was.

Shodell always talks to somebody around the player. Never the player or anybody from the school. He has zero. He was saying Zipperer and Summerall were 90% to Miami until the minute they signed with Florida. He has zero sources and zero clue.

And they feel the need to get right on the player or their family. I understand you're a reporter but you've been around a long time; why contact the recruit about this kind of rumor? Or if you do, why publish it? Why say anything?

Of course it is. Bama fan hears Brooks might be listening to Miami so he creates a fake account and starts posting pro-Miami stuff on Brooks social media. Then coaches and other recruits start asking him what's all the Miami talk. He has to deny it, reaffirm his commitment, and deny the Miami interest. At the same time he gets ****ed off at the (fake) Miami fans for putting him in the awkward position. As you pointed out- the 1st post date tells you all you need to know. A Canes fan created an account a couple weeks ago to post pro-Canes messages on Brooks social media? Dont believe it for a second. So transparently obvious what happened. Sadly, even veteran posters herw ate it up- hook, line, and sinker.
It does seem like a lot of work for someone to post almost 60 different posts (some very informative on recruiting) just to sabotage a fanbase, but anything is possible these days

Advertisement
Back