Jacob Lichtenstein, DL transfer from USC

Advertisement
This take has the appearance of signaling a change in defensive philosophy. Guessing Lichtenstein will be asked primarily to set the edge in a 3 man line and has the requisite size/strength to do so. As mentioned, there's enough versatility to move him inside in a 4 man front to push the pocket and pressure the passer. A lot of 3-4 talk, as opposed to 4-3, but in actuality it's highly likely we'll be multiple.

Covid did such a number on my conception of time. This kid was recruited by Golden and now he's here with Mario with 2 years of eligibility left? wtf? Did we enter a wormhole where two points in space/time got folded together?
It’s referred to as Patchan Time among physicists and time theorists.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I might be tripping but Big Lich follows Joe Salave’a. Since when do rival coaches follow players from other schools? I don’t even think he was the D-line coach at Oregon long enough to recruit him.

I might be tripping but Big Lich follows Joe Salave’a. Since when do rival coaches follow players from other schools? I don’t even think he was the D-line coach at Oregon long enough to recruit him.
Salave'a's 2nd most recent follow was lich. I guess you could say he may have wanted him in the portal , but I believe he is coming to Miami

Advertisement
Bama has a few 3 stars on their roster. From what I have heard, Bama has so many analysts on their staff devoted to recruiting that they can simply spend more time analyzing more players, and as such, find the few 3 stars who are underrated for some reason. They simply work with more information than almost any other program.

I just caught this post. This is such an underrated aspect of their success. All the money means tons of analysts, very qualified analysts, including head coaches, that allows them to find these types of players.

And not only that, they get the “right” four and five stars. You still have to analyze the shlt out of those guys, doesn’t matter how consensus highly rated they are. Alabama doesn’t go after every four and five star - for good reason.

Again this is an underrepresented view on this site.

I just caught this post. This is such an underrated aspect of their success. All the money means tons of analysts, very qualified analysts, including head coaches, that allows them to find these types of players.

And not only that, they get the “right” four and five stars. You still have to analyze the shlt out of those guys, doesn’t matter how consensus highly rated they are. Alabama doesn’t go after every four and five star - for good reason.

I almost hate to tell you where I first heard about this issue.
It was Rick Neuheusel (however it is spelled), expressing his frustration with the NC2A for coming down on UM for the headsets issue when, as he explained, the NC2A does nothing to Bama wherein it is an open secret that they have a ridiculous number of recruting analysts poring over every recruits videos and attending the live games and doing the background work, that Bama has an unfair information advantage. And yet the NC2A wastes its time on the number of headsets UM used during a game.

Advertisement
This take has the appearance of signaling a change in defensive philosophy. Guessing Lichtenstein will be asked primarily to set the edge in a 3 man line and has the requisite size/strength to do so. As mentioned, there's enough versatility to move him inside in a 4 man front to push the pocket and pressure the passer. A lot of 3-4 talk, as opposed to 4-3, but in actuality it's highly likely we'll be multiple.

Agreed. The size of the DE and other portal targets tells me we are switching the defense up. No more 210lb DE. We will recruit those and have them play OLB

Except thats wrong.

They offer **** near every 5 star. For example they send out almost twice as much offers as we do yearly.

I remember they "offered" one of the kids i coached when he ran like a 4.5 at their camp in tennis shoes.

If there analyst were combing over so good..they likely missed and good for us that Earl Little Jr isnt the same kind of player as our commit Graves.

Advertisement
Back