Jacob Lichtenstein, DL transfer from USC

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
According to Rivals, Mario is pushing for him as a transfer.

He's down to Miami, Penn State and Minnesota.

Originally from Weston - attended Cyprus Bay High and still has family in the area.

Mario recruited him hard back in 2017 to Alabama.

“He reached out to me two days after he got the (Miami) job, he was just emphasizing to me it’s a great opportunity to come home and play in front of my friends and family, how they’ll turn this program around and they want me to be part of it."

Bubba Bolden also reached out to Lichtenstein - “He put a little word in for me, told me what his experience was like, he had a great experience.”

Lichtenstein is 6'6, 270 lbs.
“I’ve been at USC since 2017, been through a bunch of different coaches, systems,” he said. “I felt I want to go somewhere that a coach sees a fit for me in their system. I wanted a fresh start.”

Lichtenstein has 1 year of eligibility left. Suffered a few injuries early in his career, including a knee injury and surgery for a hernia. He opted out the first 4 games of COVID 2020 and then did not play the last two.
This past season he played primarily DT in 12 games and had 28 tackles, six TFL and four sacks.

He said he had 20-30 programs reach out to him when he entered the portal. He has narrowed it down to the three listed above and plans on making a decision in the next few days..

Advertisement
Interesting that Mario while at Bama was pushing for a 3 star that not too many other people were after. Seems like it was a good find but injuries stunted this guys growth.

As others mentioned, Mario also brought Dorlus to Oregon which was another underrated eval. Getting more and more excited about Mario’s evals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
According to Rivals, Mario is pushing for him as a transfer.

He's down to Miami, Penn State and Minnesota.

Originally from Weston - attended Cyprus Bay High and still has family in the area.

Mario recruited him hard back in 2017 to Alabama.

“He reached out to me two days after he got the (Miami) job, he was just emphasizing to me it’s a great opportunity to come home and play in front of my friends and family, how they’ll turn this program around and they want me to be part of it."

Bubba Bolden also reached out to Lichtenstein - “He put a little word in for me, told me what his experience was like, he had a great experience.”

Lichtenstein is 6'6, 270 lbs.
“I’ve been at USC since 2017, been through a bunch of different coaches, systems,” he said. “I felt I want to go somewhere that a coach sees a fit for me in their system. I wanted a fresh start.”

Lichtenstein has 1 year of eligibility left. Suffered a few injuries early in his career, including a knee injury and surgery for a hernia. He opted out the first 4 games of COVID 2020 and then did not play the last two.
This past season he played primarily DT in 12 games and had 28 tackles, six TFL and four sacks.

He said he had 20-30 programs reach out to him when he entered the portal. He has narrowed it down to the three listed above and plans on making a decision in the next few days..

Here’s the DT I referenced on CL show

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes. Lichtenstein has been in works since before Jones entered portal.

I think Auburn v. Miami for Jones. He’s from Alabama.
Great we need to get bigger up front. Let C.Smith, K.Smith, Wes, n James flow to the ball.

I like our chances if it's Auburn v Miami.

Inside out guy. SDE in 4-3 and a 5/6 tech in a 3-4. Was an extremely underrated kid out of Western. Multiple years of eligibility and he’s an NFL talent.
Rivals articles says he has 1 year of eligibility and you say multiple years left. Who's right?

Advertisement
Back