Ivy League moving football to the Spring

Advertisement
They locked down first and stayed lock down the longest. They also have extremely tight mask policies and have been for much longer than the rest of the US. Florida, Texas and Other states in the south didn’t take it serious along with our president. Without getting into politics, this is why we are here.

yes. this is 100% correct. I live in NY. Things were and continue to be much tighter than any of the southern states. And once the spike started back up down south, opening up in NYC was slowed down even more. I commute into Manhattan once a week - have been since the quarantine started. Instead of driving in, I now take the train. It's still empty. Most businesses will remain operating remotely through at least labor day. Many of the larger companies - including some like the Big 5 Accounting firms have already told employees they won't be going back to the NYC office. Some might go a day or two a week - Some will never go in until after Jan 1. COVID-19 has totally changed the way business will be conducted for the future.
And that's not even including the real estate market - commercial real estate in particular...

yes. this is 100% correct. I live in NY. Things were and continue to be much tighter than any of the southern states. And once the spike started back up down south, opening up in NYC was slowed down even more. I commute into Manhattan once a week - have been since the quarantine started. Instead of driving in, I now take the train. It's still empty. Most businesses will remain operating remotely through at least labor day. Many of the larger companies - including some like the Big 5 Accounting firms have already told employees they won't be going back to the NYC office. Some might go a day or two a week - Some will never go in until after Jan 1. COVID-19 has totally changed the way business will be conducted for the future.
And that's not even including the real estate market - commercial real estate in particular...
Citibank announced at all "HQ" and "regional function" facilities staff will telework until at least 1 Jan 21.

Isn’t he the one that theorized that most of us already had it but were asymptomatic? Just curious...

not really but he has said that some who have had it are less symptomatic than others. He’s not one to generalize like that.

Advertisement

I’m in sales and we were told we won’t be going back to the office anytime soon. Everything is now done through zoom calls etc... I only went in like once a week even before all this and I was like the black sheep. I always said we could work remotely etc.... and now this proves it. Our whole accounting and sales team haven’t seen the office since mid March.

I’m in sales and we were told we won’t be going back to the office anytime soon. Everything is now done through zoom calls etc... I only went in like once a week even before all this and I was like the black sheep. I always said we could work remotely etc.... and now this proves it. Our whole accounting and sales team haven’t seen the office since mid March.
What does the future of commercial office real estate look like in 2-3 years?

What does the future of food services specifically placed inside or near proximity of said commercial office real estate look like in 2-3 years?

What does the future of HRS (or LAs $5B palace) look like in 2-3 years?

Would you want to be holding the paper on these now?

Will the revolution be televised?

What does the future of food services specifically placed inside or near proximity of said commercial office real estate look like in 2-3 years?

Looks like my home value will be going up.

Advertisement

I was speaking with my dad about these same things. There are class A office buildings going up all over Nashville and I just don’t see the need for them moving forward. Companies will continue to adjust and allow remote work. Why waste tons of money on high end offices when no one will be in them.

my dad works for a huge healthcare company up here and they just spent millions and millions on new offices in downtown Nashville that currently sit empty. This pandemic will have a trickle down impact for years.

I was speaking with my dad about these same things. There are class A office buildings going up all over Nashville and I just don’t see the need for them moving forward. Companies will continue to adjust and allow remote work. Why waste tons of money on high end offices when no one will be in them.

my dad works for a huge healthcare company up here and they just spent millions and millions on new offices in downtown Nashville that currently sit empty. This pandemic will have a trickle down impact for years.
Very observant☝️.

Say hi to the Frists for me.

Very observant☝.

Say hi to the Frists for me.

I’ve walked by the Frist but never in. Spent the first couples years since moving up here at bars, concerts and sporting events. This was the year my girlfriend and I were going to try and actually enjoy the cities other attractions but then this all happened.

I’m also tied to the construction industry in a way so that’s why I have been following this thing from the jump. Actually was telling my management about the virus back in February and they were laughing at me. 3 weeks later everyone got sent home and I just laughed and said I told you.

Permits were down 75% or something crazy like that in April. It’s still holding pretty steady overall though cause construction was deemed essential the whole time to keep these projects moving up here. Also there is a huge backlog of projects already in the works. I’m taking 2-3 years out on hotels etc... that are already on the books. Nashville’s economy should still continue to boom for the next 5-7 years if I had to project. This new mayor is the only problem I see so far. I need to see how he operates outside of a pandemic and tornados that nailed us earlier this year. He has been up against it from the start.

Home builders pulled back in April and May and slowed their new starts down. We will see that ripple in the 4th quarter with less houses on the market and inventory will be lower. None of the big national builders wanted to be sitting on homes at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Gottlieb has been ok. He's been way off on some stuff. I'd be shocked if Covid was on the front page by January. I think by the end of August it will have fizzled out in the sunbelt.

Advertisement
IVYYE LYGGE: newest club in newest gentrifying Miami "up-and-coming" luxury tower.

Advertisement
Ivy must be playing a reduced schedule as there can’t be any out of conference games.

Citibank announced at all "HQ" and "regional function" facilities staff will telework until at least 1 Jan 21.

My daughter works for a large corporation affiliated with the healthcare industry - they have offices in Manhattan, Boston and Princeton NJ. She's been asked to give input as to her preference of work environment: full time home, part time home/part time office or full time office. The Manhattan office is a multi floor building downtown. They will begin bringing a few tech people and some others back no earlier than August 3. That will have a 1 month trial and then the plan is to expand the in office staff with another small group that wants to go in to the office. We'll see.

Harvard announced today that the entire academic year 2020-2021 will be remote learning. Tuition for undergrads will remain at $49,653.

Advertisement
Back