Ivy League moving football to the Spring

PS as long as the death rate doesn’t skyrocket then this looks like the peak before we enter the valley that ends this thing. We should be telling everybody to take every precaution possible because it might just save the the fall sporting season(and it’s most financially profitable season).

Advertisement
schools have already announced that the VAST MAJORITY of the curriculum will still be taught remotely and on-line during the 2020--2021 academic school year and ONLY those students who are foreign students will be able to actually live on campus. This will be in effect until there is a vaccine. So just LULZ, as my good Mormon friend Rusty98UM would say, at anyone who thinks there is going to be a college football season this year. Teaching classes online and not letting any of the kids live in dorms will drastically cut back on all of the undergrad and grad student booty call fun these college kids would have normally had while living together on campus.....Megan Brown would have been DEVASTATED lol.

Signature: My name is Adam Matos and my friends call me "Da Hammer!" ;)
They should’ve called you blue balls because nobody expects this to be as bad as the original spike we experienced when we were first exposed. China spiked just like this then there was a dramatic drop. Any decision based on this timeline would be misinformed. There might not be classes to begin the fall but we should have football if this follows the same track it’s followed in other countries after the initial jump.

schools have already announced that the VAST MAJORITY of the curriculum will still be taught remotely and on-line during the 2020--2021 academic school year and ONLY those students who are foreign students will be able to actually live on campus. This will be in effect until there is a vaccine. So just LULZ, as my good Mormon friend Rusty98UM would say, at anyone who thinks there is going to be a college football season this year. Teaching classes online and not letting any of the kids live in dorms will drastically cut back on all of the undergrad and grad student booty call fun these college kids would have normally had while living together on campus.....Megan Brown would have been DEVASTATED lol.

Signature: My name is Adam Matos and my friends call me "Da Hammer!" ;)
Why the band. I like the avatar.

CollageMaker_20200707_071517405.jpg

Advertisement

So far so good in deaths but anyone with a brain knows that deaths lag cases by up to 3 weeks. We have to hope that the majority of these cases are in younger adults. So far in Florida, that it is the case.

Also I believe we are catching the virus earlier and isolating quicker than back in March when they sent sick people back into nursing homes in the Northeast.

Treatments have also expanded since that time early on. We have convalescent plasma that seems to be the best, we need more of these antibodies in storage. We have remdisvr, chloroquine and also the new allergy medicine they just discovered. I really don’t think we will see a major spike. Will it go up some, sure it’s possible. It won’t go to zero I know that much. It all comes down to people understanding the virus and making decisions based on data and facts, not emotions.

either way they decide this fall, we always have spring option worst case. We will have football this year.

Here’s a chart to back up what I’m saying. Without those early disastrous decisions by the Northeast, we would have only been in a pandemic Level for two months.

28C45BE5-F496-4ABE-8008-534429AF023F.jpeg

Last edited:
So far so good in deaths but anyone with a brain knows that deaths lag cases by up to 3 weeks. We have to hope that the majority of these cases are in younger adults. So far in Florida, that it is the case.

Also I believe we are catching the virus earlier and isolating quicker than back in March when they sent sick people back into nursing homes in the Northeast.

Treatments have also expanded since that time early on. We have convalescent plasma that seems to be the best, we need more of these antibodies in storage. We have remdisvr, chloroquine and also the new allergy medicine they just discovered. I really don’t think we will see a major spike. Will it go up some, sure it’s possible. It won’t go to zero I know that much. It all comes down to people understanding the virus and making decisions based on data and facts, not emotions.

either way they decide this fall, we always have spring option worst case. We will have football this year.

The average time from first symptoms to death is 18.5 days. Most people aren't getting tested until they start to feel symptoms and test results can take a few days. So by the time the positive test is confirmed you could have already had it for weeks. Deaths and "new cases" follow a parallel line until around May 5th. Then deaths begin to decline while cases flatten out. Every person I know who's contracted it has recovered and they say that the worst time is the first week after they start to feel sick. Here's my point. The argument that we should expect a spike in deaths soon is based on the idea that people are getting tested on day one of symptoms. Some people may wait a week to get tested, by that time they're already just a few days from ARDS, sepsis and ultimately death. We should've started to see an increase in deaths a couple of weeks ago. That didn't happen.

Here’s a chart to back up what I’m saying. Without those early disastrous decisions by the Northeast, we would have only been in a pandemic Level for two months.

View attachment 120896
The rise in cases started on 6/8. Hospitalizations precede deaths and to this point almost a full month later we haven't seen an increase in either.

I charted Arizona also since they provide hospitalization totals and their data trends the same as ours.

Your post is about as spot on as I've seen here.

Here's Florida today.
1594090772686.png

Advertisement
Here's another thing to keep an eye on. If young people are mainly catching it now, clearly it's not affecting them to the point of hospitalization and death to a significant degree. How long will it typically take them to spread it to their older relatives? 5 to 14 days?

I wonder if that spread from the young people to their older relatives will uptick the death/hospitalization rates. If not, then there's something going on with the bug weakening.

If what you’re saying is true, they committed fraud instead of negligence. And they wonder why nobody trusts them.

Fauci admitted to Congress he told a white lie about PPE/masks to protect the supply of PPE for front line workers.

Little ******* should be stoned to death.

Dr Scott Gottlieb is the only straight shooter.

Here's another thing to keep an eye on. If young people are mainly catching it now, clearly it's not affecting them to the point of hospitalization and death to a significant degree. How long will it typically take them to spread it to their older relatives? 5 to 14 days?

I wonder if that spread from the young people to their older relatives will uptick the death/hospitalization rates. If not, then there's something going on with the bug weakening.

Deaths are going to go up. Hospitalizations are going up. The question is how much.

Advertisement
The average time from first symptoms to death is 18.5 days. Most people aren't getting tested until they start to feel symptoms and test results can take a few days. So by the time the positive test is confirmed you could have already had it for weeks. Deaths and "new cases" follow a parallel line until around May 5th. Then deaths begin to decline while cases flatten out. Every person I know who's contracted it has recovered and they say that the worst time is the first week after they start to feel sick. Here's my point. The argument that we should expect a spike in deaths soon is based on the idea that people are getting tested on day one of symptoms. Some people may wait a week to get tested, by that time they're already just a few days from ARDS, sepsis and ultimately death. We should've started to see an increase in deaths a couple of weeks ago. That didn't happen.

Yeah I have been skeptical of how the data is loaded. Test numbers we are seeing loaded today are for test taken last week. 5-7 days to even load the data. This people are already into recovery possibly by the time they factor into the numbers reported to the cdc. Hard to gauge how and

hopefully these younger adults are actually following quarantine guidelines once they realize they are sick. Also older people need to be sheltered in place and refuse little Timmy and Becky from coming over after they hit the bars over the weekend. It takes accountability on all fronts to smash this thing. Unfortunately, Americans have been and will continue to be selfish

Think of the money involved in CFB, directly and indirectly. Think of what will be driving the P5 decisions. Place your bets on the season being played as planned.

hopefully these younger adults are actually following quarantine guidelines once they realize they are sick. Also older people need to be sheltered in place and refuse little Timmy and Becky from coming over after they hit the bars over the weekend. It takes accountability on all fronts to smash this thing. Unfortunately, Americans have been and will continue to be selfish
Therein lies the problem.

Advertisement

Man u think college football players gonna have enough discipline tell becky not to come over at 3am? I remember what I was like in college. becky could spread that COVID-19 through the whole WR room if you know what i mean.

Man u think college football players gonna have enough discipline tell becky not to come over at 3am? I remember what I was like in college. becky could spread that COVID-19 through the whole WR room if you know what i mean.

Yeah I know. Would have been better if they went the Clemson route and got sick on purpose. Clemson legit has a team immune now. They can have Becky and all her friends over now in-season

Yeah I have been skeptical of how the data is loaded. Test numbers we are seeing loaded today are for test taken last week. 5-7 days to even load the data. This people are already into recovery possibly by the time they factor into the numbers reported to the cdc. Hard to gauge how and

45% of US deaths have been from nursing and assisted living homes. If those are shut down tight, all the numbers look a lot better. Then just gotta keep older and immune compromised people at home.

Advertisement
Back