Ivy League moving football to the Spring

I'm not sure why the spring season needs to be reduced. Can't the 2021 season get moved back 1.5 months? There is a lot of dead time between the first week of December and spring. We could be looking at something like:

- January-March- 2021 season
October-January- Second 2021 season

That's six months of an offseason. You lose spring practice but you get fans in the seats.

Advertisement
Harvard announced today that the entire academic year 2020-2021 will be remote learning. Tuition for undergrads will remain at $49,653.

These are Harvard’s current intentions for 2020/2021:

• Harvard University is welcoming freshmen and some other students to campus this fall semester but teaching all classes online amid the coronavirus pandemic.
  • Tuition will not be lowered from $49,653, although students enrolled remotely will not pay room and board fees.
  • Harvard said it hopes to invite seniors to campus for the spring semester assuming conditions allow the college to maintain 40% residential density.

Comparing football-centric P5 schools to Ivy League schools and low-level FCS schools is pretty useless. This is all about the billions to the P5 whereas the Ivy League isn't in that racket.

Harvard can put kids in a shark cage and make them take classes from the bottom of the Charles River, and they'd still rake the money in based on their academic reputation. Clemson? Not so much. Clemson without football is like the esteemed adult film actor Johnny Depth without a 12" crank.

Geezer, you’re like a brontosaurus. Step on your tail and 4 hours later you feel it. You spent 4 hours cooking up this muppet ****. Nice new take, geezer.
Good help and free wifi is so hard to find at 350 MSL over Pacific--I'll try harder next time. I'm definitely a Jurassic type o cat by way of Tithonia Lane.

Uh oh☝☝

PS Geezer? Kinda an ageist (= racist FYI) remark coming from someone older than me. Muppet 🤫.

98jU7NxuNSSZ2.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can you cite this? Everything I have seen has said the opposite, that they have been unable to link the protests to spikes. Maybe I just didnt see those articles, but I have seen several that said the opposite, particularly where you see spikes where there weren't protests and haven't seen spikes in places were there were protests.

From June 30th article in Time Magazine:

"But public health officials have spotted at least one bright spot amid all the discouraging data: the nationwide Black Lives Matter protests, which began after George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police in May, so far do not seem to have been dreaded “superspreader” events, as some feared they might. Several cities that saw major protests, including New York, Chicago, and Philadelphia, have not experienced a new surge in cases in the days and weeks following. And in cities and states that specifically set out to test protestors, like Massachusetts, Seattle, and Minnesota, the results have shown that demonstrators were not considerably more likely to test positive compared to the general population."

It does go on to say:

"We may yet see a protest-related spike in coronavirus cases. Many of the demonstrators were young, and thus likely to develop only mild symptoms from COVID-19, if any at all. But even asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic people can carry the virus to older, more vulnerable people in their homes or communities. If that’s happening, it would take more time to show up in the data."

And maybe that will be the case, but everything I have seen has said that at least so far, there isn't any evidence that the protests lead to any spikes.

Now maybe this suggest that fans at games would be fine if they were outside and masked (as this article suggests may be the reason there hasnt been a spike tied to the protests)....
bf7584cd086aaabbb32114e2ed6e05e5.gif

What does the future of commercial office real estate look like in 2-3 years?

What does the future of food services specifically placed inside or near proximity of said commercial office real estate look like in 2-3 years?

What does the future of HRS (or LAs $5B palace) look like in 2-3 years?

Would you want to be holding the paper on these now?

Will the revolution be televised?
Offices will become smaller.

Advertisement
These are Harvard’s current intentions for 2020/2021:

• Harvard University is welcoming freshmen and some other students to campus this fall semester but teaching all classes online amid the coronavirus pandemic.
  • Tuition will not be lowered from $49,653, although students enrolled remotely will not pay room and board fees.
  • Harvard said it hopes to invite seniors to campus for the spring semester assuming conditions allow the college to maintain 40% residential density.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure why the spring season needs to be reduced. Can't the 2021 season get moved back 1.5 months? There is a lot of dead time between the first week of December and spring. We could be looking at something like:

That's six months of an offseason. You lose spring practice but you get fans in the seats.

Joe Joe Joe, nobody's happy about losing 47-3 to Alabama, but we had an abbreviated off season because of the Kung Flu so it was a challenge to get everybody on the same page. We're going to get better as the season progresses.

Joe Joe Joe, nobody's happy about losing 47-3 to Alabama, but we had an abbreviated off season because of the Kung Flu so it was a challenge to get everybody on the same page. We're going to get better as the season progresses.

Are you saying Gluten will be the HC for the Alabama game?

Advertisement
Nice of them not to make remotely enrolled students pay for room and board, isn’t it?

Hilarious. And nobody is dropping out of Harvard because it's zoom classes though. People are paying $200k for the diploma, and it's probably worth it. Schools outside the top 50 like UM on the other hand? Forget it. Nobody in their right mind is dropping $50k a year for zoom classes at UM.

Advertisement
Yeah. @Calvin was summa *** laude....

Of all the "harvard grads" and maybe even "yale grads" since they didn't have not even one person who could out-do trump, they either should just remain silent or just STFU from here on out. **** trump old Hurricane styled alot of those numb nutz pleading for the position and got steamrolled by a guy that may not have ever been enrolled at a community college let alone University. So trying to brag or hold up any of those schools as a beacon of light in this hour is pure comedy, it'll be even more comical if trump becomes a 2 term non-harvard/yale graduate potus, but carry on!

Doesn’t have to. Play in October with just a conference schedule and only schedule the conference/national championship(s) and if things are better come up with a qualifying format for the bowl season. Took me 30 seconds...I wonder if I should apply to be ACC commish?

Advertisement
Back