Ivy League moving football to the Spring

Advertisement
Therein lies the problem.

Yeah, we all would like to have football played this year strictly for humanitarian purposes.

Problem is not selfishness. Problem is taking accountability for one's choices instead of blaming others for bad outcomes.

Yeah, we all would like to have football played this year strictly for humanitarian purposes.

Problem is not selfishness. Problem is taking accountability for one's choices instead of blaming others for bad outcomes.
Nah. The problem is selfishness, entitlement, and being big fat stomping babies. You can be the most accountable guy in the world and some selfish POS without a mask invades your personal space and expectorates particles on you and you catch the VID and die.

This isn't some goofy personal accountability bullshyt cause any more than drunk driving is or wearing pants in public is. There are certain things that people need to do in an organized society for the greater good, not just for their own good.

Advertisement
Nah. The problem is selfishness, entitlement, and being big fat stomping babies. You can be the most accountable guy in the world and some selfish POS without a mask invades your personal space and expectorates particles on you and you catch the VID and die.

This isn't some goofy personal accountability bullshyt cause any more than drunk driving is or wearing pants in public is. There are certain things that people need to do in an organized society for the greater good, not just for their own good.

I think we play in the spring but could see the fall with no fans. If we do not play that is ok. Obviously it sucks.

I'm curious well..... I'm actually not surprised at all of these institutions that charge 800k for a used book from 1971 are all folding everything acting like they have no coin. Either they are poorly fun **** piles or certain individuals are well.........greedy.

Very interesting times. Karen yelling about having to wear a mask as if we want to see her plastic zipped back face is the irony of all ironies though lol.

If you choose to drunk drive or not wear pants in public there are consequences to that you are accountable for. The wrong attitude is to think that because drunkenness runs in the family, or I have this deep seated urge to expose myself, at some level I can be held blameless and not have to deal personally with the fall out.

People may choose not to wear masks, socially distance, or practice good hygiene for whatever reasons. Others will. Those that do will most likely help mitigate the spread of the virus. Those that don't may get sick. But you can't always legislate for the irresponsible without unbearable consequences for the rest of us who are act responsible. I think you are seeing warranted push back on that with this COVID situation.

But, regardless, if you think that selfishness doesn't also drive the need for an organized society (that also comprises individuals) or the welfare of the greater good (which also benefits individual members) then your view of human nature is naive.

Riley has been a voice of caution throughout this thing. He thought reporting back to campus too early in June was dumb.

I wouldn't base my decisions off what the Ivy League does, as the Ivy League doesn't rely on football to pay the bills like P5 does.
folks sooner or later we all have to come out from under our beds and go on with life : back in April two universities did studies in two California counties and said the infection rate was 15-18% in those counties: ; Got Asians playing baseball Europe has its soccer, and basketball seasons going just about all the countries opening their schools, and here we sit circle jerking each other :

Advertisement
48 deaths today. 45 deaths this time last week. So far, it looks more like a small bump in deaths rather than a spike. Good news.

DMoney what is your gut telling you? Season gets delayed or pushed back in any way or do they try to start this thing on time?

48 deaths today. 45 deaths this time last week. So far, it looks more like a small bump in deaths rather than a spike. Good news.

Covid deaths are going to increase in FL and even some young healthy people will die from it. The problem is that "flatten the curve" has turned into "until everyone is safe." The lunatics are running the asylum.

Instead of dragging this out, cfb needs to acknowledge that they can't handle the optics of playing football while Fat Bob and his mom are dying from Covid. This is the reality of 21st century America ***** society.

Advertisement
Back