Ivy League moving football to the Spring

Again, they don't trust Fauci, yet they trust the government folks who tell them what they want to hear or who spew the rhetoric that resonates with them. This isn't about overall mistrust or skepticism of all politicians, which is completely normal and advisable.

This isn't about rational people at this point. Rational people know what they should be doing. This is about the lunatic fringe that thinks everything that's an inconvenience to them is a conspiracy against them in particular.
Fauci brought that on himself. Right or wrong, he said don't go on a cruise, then said it was fine , then a week later the cruise lines shut down. He said masks aren't helpful, then said he lied about that to keep people from hoarding them. Then he tried to connect Covid to an uptick in a childhood disease in NYC.

He's responsible for this own untrustworthiness. The problem is that when he said he lied to prevent a run on masks, he basically admitted that the government will lie to you to without consequence. Plenty of people are skeptical of government already and that just validates their concerns. People parrot what he says and attribute it to science or medical experts, but at this point it's neither that anyone can be sure of.

If they were smart, they'd dust off some study about the efficacy of masks and put it out for all to see. Then they can take the high ground back that Fauci lost them.

Advertisement
The lunatic fringe gets more attention than their actual impact. The core of the epidemic is LA, Miami and Houston. These are international cities that voted blue.

The people in Stuart County yelling about masks and politics aren’t driving this epidemic.
That's your opinion on the sophistication of those cities.

So what? You can’t assume that all or even most of the people getting COVID in those areas voted blue. Simply because of how many people are living in these large populated cities, we know that within these cities and surrounding suburbs, that there are a lot of people that vote red.
So your true self comes out. So admit you didnt jump in this conversation because of football and ivy leagues plan...

Sophistication is a point of view adjective based on perception not fact. Ivyleague schools are just as sophisticated as St
Thomas U. Depending on the eye of the beholder...

Advertisement
The lunatic fringe gets more attention than their actual impact. The core of the epidemic is LA, Miami and Houston. These are international cities that voted blue.

The people in Stuart County yelling about masks and politics aren’t driving this epidemic.
So what? You can’t assume that all or even most of the people getting COVID in those areas voted blue. Simply because of how many people are living in these large populated cities, we know that within these cities and surrounding suburbs, that there are a lot of people that vote red. The virus is not discriminating against people that voted blue or red in these areas.

Fauci brought that on himself. Right or wrong, he said don't go on a cruise, then said it was fine , then a week later the cruise lines shut down. He said masks aren't helpful, then said he lied about that to keep people from hoarding them. Then he tried to connect Covid to an uptick in a childhood disease in NYC.

He's responsible for this own untrustworthiness. The problem is that when he said he lied to prevent a run on masks, he basically admitted that the government will lie to you to without consequence. Plenty of people are skeptical of government already and that just validates their concerns. People parrot what he says and attribute it to science or medical experts, but at this point it's neither that anyone can be sure of.

If they were smart, they'd dust off some study about the efficacy of masks and put it out for all to see. Then they can take the high ground back that Fauci lost them.

giphy.gif

Regarding the public health apparatus, they have either been lying or don't know what they're talking about. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I'll assume they don't know what they're talking about.

Regarding the public health apparatus, they have either been lying or don't know what they're talking about. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I'll assume they don't know what they're talking about.
Hanlon's Razor in action.

Advertisement

Fauci is a politician. So are all the other politicians trying to blame Fauci to save their own skins. The whole system is full of lying, untrustworthy louts.

Fauci is a politician. So are all the other politicians trying to blame Fauci to save their own skins. The whole system is full of lying, untrustworthy louts.
But it's always been that way. It's justified as working toward the greater good. It's the nature of the beast. Everything works best as long as we have a balance. Government offset by a press that holds them accountable worked pretty good for a long time.

Advertisement
It's not working anymore.
It stopped about the time NBC put spark plugs in Chevy truck gas tanks to show how easily they explode and when CNN cameras were on the beaches at Somalia filming the Marines' arrival. Chasing ratings was their downfall because they started giving people what they wanted to see instead of what they needed to see.

I’ve said all along that spring football is the backup plan and it’s probably 50/50 right now on playing this fall. Next two weeks will determine what happens.

the question about the spring is, Will seniors or draft eligible players sit out to focus on training for the NFL draft? Will the NFL agree to push back their combine and draft timeline to accommodate a spring college season?

We will have a football season no matter what though. We may just have to wait 7 more months. There is no doubt that there will be a vaccine by Dec-February time frame.

Agree. Not sure if you watch CNBC but Dr. Gottlieb is on every morning around 6:20AM. He said on Thursday morning that this thing will be over one way or the other (ie: enough of us will have had it by then that we will have herd immunity or there will be a vaccine) by January.

Advertisement
Agree. Not sure if you watch CNBC but Dr. Gottlieb is on every morning around 6:20AM. He said on Thursday morning that this thing will be over one way or the other (ie: enough of us will have had it by then that we will have herd immunity or there will be a vaccine) by January.

I don’t watch any of those new stations. I follow some doctors and people on twitter for my updates but that sounds about right. This thing will run its course as you said one way or the other

Gottlieb has been my personal favorite since this whole thing started.

Gottlieb has been my personal favorite since this whole thing started.

Couldn't agree more. He is a brilliant communicator who is able to make complicated things easy to understand for a lay person like me. He also isn't prone to causing mass panic. He states it like he sees it based on his vast network and access to real data.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem moving the season to the winter (Jan thru March) or spring (March thru May). Being a CPA any of these dates won't be great for me being in attendance during busy season but if that's what the decision makers feel is most safe then that's what they should do. Easy enough to move my season ticket charge to next season.

Advertisement
Back