Ivins

Why did I read the words "another OV" for two players? I thought players only got to OV to a school once. Is that not the case?

Typically, it is the case. Since UM hired a new HC before NLI signing day, players can come back for another official visit. Cool loophole thats working in our favor.

Advertisement
I still want Brothers. Give me that type of mentality, especially at LB. I am hoping this year with a much improved offense we will blow out the teams we are supposed to so these young guys can play a lot in the 3rd/4th quarter.

I agree on the blowing out teams part. We really need that for development. Not sure why Richt didn't seem to understand that.

Let's say we have 6 schollys left like Cuban Cane keeps on saying,
Williams
Bogle
Legrende
JHH
Emerson
UCLA grad
Would be good for me

If we really do only have those 6 spots, it will def be interesting to see who all we get. I'd also imagine we'll see some people leave later on in Spring and maybe get some more portal people too.

If we take another qb, you tell Weldon or Perry to beat it. You sign 2 DT’s you tell Martin to beat it. That opens up 2 more spots. Take another DE and OL. Maybe think about an LB or CB.

Why run off any QB or DT we have? Those are the two essential positions for Hurricane football and are both difficult to find, get and keep.

Advertisement
guys, it's not that hard to understand. At the moment, without pushing anyone else out, we have 6 schollies. @Cuban-Cane did a perfect write up on it. At no point can you go over 85 schollies, so it's not like we can take 9 guys and then push 3 more guys out after signing day (I wish that was the way it could work but it doesn't). Taking into account at this point we can only take 6, my choice would be
DT - Hunte and UCLA transfer
DE - 2 of Bogle, Boykin, VaTech transfer
DB - 1 of Elam, Williams, Emerson
RB/ATH - MAR

if we can some how push another 1 or 2 out (Milo, Martin) that would be ideal so we can push to land QB - Legrende and another OL
this is not really correct. you cannot go over 85 guys on scholarship but kids who have not enrolled yet do not count towards that number. (they do count towards the limits on LOIs/new counters.) You can still oversign in effect but have to clean it up before kids enroll.

Why run off any QB or DT we have? Those are the two essential positions for Hurricane football and are both difficult to find, get and keep.
Martin will never play here and Perry and Weldon won’t stick if another qb comes in. Perry might but I doubt Weldon does. Both are knuckleheads too so do you really want them on your team?

I don't see Perry lasting
Weldon I'm sure is just here for fun at this point
Williams is probably going to have to try and seize the reigns or Martell will try and take it.
Let's see how it shakes out.

Advertisement

I’m assuming this is about Denis, Dumervil, etc. can anyone confirm? 2020 OL class needs to be a HR.

No mention of Dumervil. Been up to Jacksonville area, Georgia and reached out to a guy in Arizona and Michigan.

Also Denis and a couple of local guys . He already seems to have either met or spoken with more guys than our former OL coach did all last cycle...

No mention of Dumervil. Been up to Jacksonville area, Georgia and reached out to a guy in Arizona and Michigan.

Also Denis and a couple of local guys . He already seems to have either met or spoken with more guys than our former OL coach did all last cycle...

We do this every new regime vs. last regime. No defender of Searles here, can take or leave him, but he had a commitment from Denis, got a commit from a georgia kid, and had offers out to kids from multiple states as well.

Searles deserved what he got, but he recruited kids as well.

Advertisement
Here are the guys Barry has been in contact with: (in person or verbally)

South Dade: Jonathan Denis, Trey Zimmerman

Norland: Issiah Walker, Jr OT

Oakleaf: Jalen Riers

Sandlewood: Kobe Baynes

Marietta, Georgia: Jake Wray OT

Buford, Georgia: Seth McLaughlin OT

East Kentwood: Dallas Fletcher OG

Phoenix , Arizona : Tosh Baker OT

Advertisement
I’m a huge Mark Wahlberg fan so I would say Boogie Nights but it comes down to talent and game experience so Perry over Weldon.

Give me that Beck dude for 2020 and the kid that was offered yesterday on top of Williams and Martell. Then tell Perry to transfer.
Yall quick to tell a kid beat it....but when kids tell the U the beat it...ya having a baby.......have some some dignity

guys, it's not that hard to understand. At the moment, without pushing anyone else out, we have 6 schollies. @Cuban-Cane did a perfect write up on it. At no point can you go over 85 schollies, so it's not like we can take 9 guys and then push 3 more guys out after signing day (I wish that was the way it could work but it doesn't). Taking into account at this point we can only take 6, my choice would be
DT - Hunte and UCLA transfer
DE - 2 of Bogle, Boykin, VaTech transfer
DB - 1 of Elam, Williams, Emerson
RB/ATH - MAR

if we can some how push another 1 or 2 out (Milo, Martin) that would be ideal so we can push to land QB - Legrende and another OL
Good list.

Advertisement
Back