Ivins Update 1/29

And that's what I was commenting on. I think you're right not to judge Manny based on this kid's decision, but I think most porsters will absolutely blame him and say he failed if the kid doesn't come. They'll say he was ours to lose when in fact he's playing around. It looks a lot like he's only talking to Miami because he likes to feel wanted. I may be wrong about that, but he's acting like a lot of kids have in the past and none of them came to Miami.

My comment had nothing to do with blaming kids, I think people too often put the blame on coaches. Like if a kid really wants to go somewhere else, his mom wants him somewhere else, or he sees a chance to grab some cash a good recruiter should be able to talk him out of it. People always blame the coaches like they messed up.

As for your second point, yeah there are lots of reasons a kid doesn't pick Miami, and sometimes it's the staff's fault. I get why you don't want to consider bags and that's fine. My problem is when people want to say "I don't care about bags, you have to get him anyway!" Yeah, that's the job, but it's worth noting that sometimes you just can't do it.

All that said, our new staff needs to recruit better than the last several. Period.

I think we'd all trade a scholly reduction and sanctions for a few years for a couple NC's. Afterall, the roster had the same amount of players during the Richt era as the Golden.

Advertisement
I think we'd all trade a scholly reduction and sanctions for a few years for a couple NC's. Afterall, the roster had the same amount of players during the Richt era as the Golden.

Agreed. I'd sell my soul and take a sanction by the punk*ss NCAA if it meant winning a couple Natty's. Realistically, in order for us to get a Natty we are going to have to stop playing checkers and start playing chess with the SEC and Clemson.

As long as the sanction did not include having our wins and NC vacated, I'd happily make that trade.

Bogle- confused could go anywhere
Washington- is between us and FSU despite all the CBs to FSU ivins says we have a slight edge
Williams- LSU expects him in there class but no decision has been made by his family yet
MAR- would b surprised if he picked Miami
Emerson- still in contact with staff
Pickens- probably auburn

Advertisement
Washington- is between us and FSU despite all the CBs to FSU ivins says we have a slight edge
Williams- LSU expects him in there class but no decision has been made by his family yet
Pickens- probably auburn
So basically no one knows where anyone is going

Pickens- probably auburn

Pretty much Bogle or no one. Sounds about right. Hit the transfer market to fill the last few holes on the roster and start focusing on 2020 and beyond. This class is dead in the water at this point.

Advertisement
Actually it’s pretty clear besides Bogle.

Washington FSu
Williams LSU
Richards Auburn
Pickens Auburn
Emerson Miss St

This is class over.
Bruh nobody knows where Emerson or Washington are going. Literally nobody has been able to get an interview with Washington and other then Stephan and no disrespect to him but nobody has flipped their pick from UM back to MISS ST even on 247 it's all foggy cbs which may just mean he wants to announce Wednesday and surprise everybody

Pickens- probably auburn

"Insider"

Bruh nobody knows where Emerson or Washington are going. Literally nobody has been able to get an interview with Washington and other then Stephan and no disrespect to him but nobody has flipped their pick from UM back to MISS ST even on 247 it's all foggy cbs which may just mean he wants to announce Wednesday and surprise everybody

I guess we will find out in two days.

Advertisement
Read @Lance Roffers post today before declaring that this class is Dead in the Water....

I’m not saying the players committed suck. I’m refereeing to the class as being over with no one else joining it besides maybe Bogle and some transfers. The rest of those guys on Ivins list aren’t coming here in my opinion. Lance’s post is still a fluff piece anyways. Whatever makes you feel better about signing a class ranked in the 30’s... go for it.

giphy-17.gif

Advertisement
So basically no one knows where anyone is going
You keep saying this. You realize that posters on this board, no matter how connected or whether their names are Manny Diaz, aren't the kids themselves or even their parents right? You also realize that these are dynamic and fluid situations right? What the kid says to someone on the staff that makes it way to this board at a static point in time (e.g., today) can very well change within two days (e.g., Wed).

Advertisement
Back