Ivins Update 1/29

Advertisement
Like that Manny is going solo.

Since Coker, our HC in-homes have too often sounded like group events. Have always wondered if that was for the kid, or for the Hc. Some guys wouldn’t be comfortable going solo. Manny is. That’s a good sign.

No judgment if he goes elsewhere - I expect that. But if Manny snags him, that will be a sign that he can be a Boss recruiter.

I'm not kidding when I say that's the first time I've seen somebody here say that. There are lots of kids like this...open to Miami, but very likely to go somewhere else. Kids that you have a small shot at stealing but no real expectation of getting.

And then there's CIS where every single recruit is ours to lose. Each time we don't get one we offered too early/late, didn't offer his friend, wanted him to play the wrong position, didn't show him enough love, just plain suck at recruiting. Whatever the case, each time it's the staff that fumbled what should have been a sure thing. Every staff, every time. Same thing.

bogle telling manny he might pop by for a visit this weekend is like a girl telling a guy begging not to dump him that maybe she will see him this weekend. he just said that to get them to leave. doubt he even shows this weekend.
Spot on. Question is how long are we going to *** around with the BOGLE bullshyt. Enough with this Douchebag, unless he commits of course.

Gonna add Harrison-Hunte and Emerson. That's it.

Miami will finished ranked about 30th-35th on the composite, and it will probably mark the worst class on paper in 247 history (2011 class was 33rd).

Thankfully, games are not won on paper. Diaz and his staff better hope the evaluations are right and the hit rate is higher than normal, and also that the portal kids turn out to be studs. 2020 becomes a MONUMENTALLY gigantic, program-shaping class. Miami signed the #8 class in the country in 2018, and 22 of the 23 signees are still on the roster. You can absorb something like this, provided you hit on your key spots (looking at you, DTs, QBs, and OL). But 2020 must be an elite haul. You're not beating good teams consistently with back to back classes in the 30s.

It starts 8/31.

Advertisement
Close with Emerson, Hunte, Phillips & Hill; possibly Boykin and I am fine with that. We need to be focusing on 2020 class. That is a make or break class for us.

Advertisement
Gonna add Harrison-Hunte and Emerson. That's it.

Miami will finished ranked about 30th-35th on the composite, and it will probably mark the worst class on paper in 247 history (2011 class was 33rd).

Thankfully, games are not won on paper. Diaz and his staff better hope the evaluations are right and the hit rate is higher than normal, and also that the portal kids turn out to be studs. 2020 becomes a MONUMENTALLY gigantic, program-shaping class. Miami signed the #8 class in the country in 2018, and 22 of the 23 signees are still on the roster. You can absorb something like this, provided you hit on your key spots (looking at you, DTs, QBs, and OL). But 2020 must be an elite haul. You're not beating good teams consistently with back to back classes in the 30s.

It starts 8/31.
I think we might crack the top 30. Hey wishful thinking. Doesn’t matter. It’s a lost class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m ready for the 2019 class to be over and done with. What a mess it was. We got some good players and hopefully 2020 can be a rebound year. If not, Diaz will be fired in 3 years also.
**** thats a very negative way to look at things. What he has done in the Portal is beyond legendary. I have't seen a guy bring this much quick talent to a program in any sport since Calipari came to UK and brought Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe/Dotson/Orton in 4 weeks. I know it is a different sport but it is the only similar comparison. The "recruiting " class was screwed months ago. Diaz is just doing the best he can with what he was given and he is doing great.

**** thats a very negative way to look at things. What he has done in the Portal is beyond legendary. I have't seen a guy bring this much quick talent to a program in any sport since Calipari came to UK and brought Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe/Dotson/Orton in 4 weeks. I know it is a different sport but it is the only similar comparison. The "recruiting " class was screwed months ago. Diaz is just doing the best he can with what he was given and he is doing great.

The problem is Martin and Martell might have to sit till 2020. What happens if Miami wins 8 games next year? You think we will have a top 25 class? Nothing is changing on the defensive staff so why should we expect better results in recruiting next year? Our only hope is Enos puts up points and makes Miami entertaining again.

This is true!! Manny has been a beast on the trail!!

Advertisement
Back