Ivins Update 1/29

Advertisement
Like that Manny is going solo.

Since Coker, our HC in-homes have too often sounded like group events. Have always wondered if that was for the kid, or for the Hc. Some guys wouldn’t be comfortable going solo. Manny is. That’s a good sign.

No judgment if he goes elsewhere - I expect that. But if Manny snags him, that will be a sign that he can be a Boss recruiter.

Agree. I'm very curious how he handles it because up until now, he's had this recruiting reputation of not being very visible/active. Very curious myself.

Richards - Auburn
Pickens - Auburn
Williams - LSU
Elam - Georgia
Bogle - Florida
Boykin - GT
Emerson - Miami
Washington - FSU
Hunte - Miami
Phillips - Miami
Hill - FCS
Richards - Auburn
Pickens - Auburn
Williams - LSU
Elam - Georgia
Bogle - Florida
Boykin - GT
Emerson - Miami
Washington - FSU
Hunte - Miami
Phillips - Miami
Hill - FCS

giphy (12).gif

Don't really believe this but thought it was obligatory

Diaz going solo to in home with Bogle, is expected on an unofficial this weekend

Diaz and staff going in homewith Pickens on Friday, says Auburn still looks like the landing spot

Says the Williams CB's to LSU are premature, and the kid hasnt made up his mind yet, Diaz and assistants to meet with him Wednesday

Kaiir Elam should get an in home this week but ivins still thinks its florida uga with us 3rd, says a visit this weekend is possible but not likely

Emerson's dad said all the right things to make ivins think he will be in the class

JHH could vist UVA this weekend but thinks hurricanes are very tough to beat

Darius Washington is a guessing game no one has any clue what hes doing

MAR, would be a huge suprise if he picks Miami Penn state and Auburn sending coaches to him this week

Boykin hasnt been in contact with staff but could change in coming days as the coaches dont know what to do with him and his limited size
You bros know why Manny is going solo?

Because he doesn’t want any witnesses on the staff to what he’s going to do to this dude, who is not DOPE enough for Miami
1816E45B-F18C-44BD-901A-4F2CE675EA7B.gif

Advertisement
You bros know why Manny is going solo?

Because he doesn’t want any witnesses on the staff to what he’s going to do to this dude, who is not DOPE enough for Miami
View attachment 79007
Yeah. It's not that!

Manny will prove to be a very good recruiter. He has very strong communication skills (he wanted to be a broadcaster before getting into coaching), understands how to market Miami properly, is a high energy guy and has charisma. If he had "support" in recruiting, he would absolutely kill it on the recruiting trail.

The wife of a friend of mine works at Dwyer, and he just sent me a pic of her throwing up the U with Coach Diaz. Any prospects at Dwyer for 2020 we are recruiting? I can't figure out who he would be there for. Could be that he came up to PBC to see either MAR or Elam, and simply stopped by to see Jack Daniels as a courtesy visit while he is up here.

Was at Dwyer as well and saw him with Stubblefield. Was told it was Sophomores and dont have specifics on exactly who. Once I go back there I'll try and find out exactly who

Advertisement
bogle telling manny he might pop by for a visit this weekend is like a girl telling a guy begging not to dump him that maybe she will see him this weekend. he just said that to get them to leave. doubt he even shows this weekend.
That's tough... What's she doing now?

Advertisement

Since Coker, our HC in-homes have too often sounded like group events. Have always wondered if that was for the kid, or for the Hc. Some guys wouldn’t be comfortable going solo. Manny is. That’s a good sign.

No judgment if he goes elsewhere - I expect that. But if Manny snags him, that will be a sign that he can be a Boss recruiter.
That Manny is one walking cafe cubano, built-in. Have not seen this kind of octane since...since...since Bu...(Dare I say it) Butch!

I agree.

At some point, I like one on ones with the head man and the player. Time for pictures and the parties to stop and to talk brass tacks. Coffee is for closers.

Advertisement
im not sure if im the only one but im in on bringing in Boykin regardless of size.

I've been pounding the table for a while. Miami needs lineman/edge defenders.

Now, they like him at LB, but lets be honest...look at how Miami uses Shaq. He's not a traditional linebacker. He's best in the box and coming downhill and Miami often lines him up to rush the edge or even in the gaps. I'm not saying Boykin is a stud, but I see no reason why you can't project him to do some of those things.

Richards - Auburn
Pickens - Auburn
Williams - LSU
Elam - Georgia
Bogle - Florida
Boykin - GT
Emerson - Miami
Washington - FSU
Hunte - Miami
Phillips - Miami
Hill - FCS
This post gets it.