Ivins: Now what on CB's

Yeah this Marshall stuff makes me laugh. If he was bought, then what makes anyone think he would have committed here and stuck? This recruiting of corner is pathetic. If you have 5 on the roster, and you sign burns and take a transfer at lest you have something. Having 5 is a joke. They better know what they are doing. That list Ivins mentioned is hilarious.

Advertisement
Yeah this Marshall stuff makes me laugh. If he was bought, then what makes anyone think he would have committed here and stuck? This recruiting of corner is pathetic. If you have 5 on the roster, and you sign burns and take a transfer at lest you have something. Having 5 is a joke. They better know what they are doing. That list Ivins mentioned is hilarious.

Pull your head out of the sand.

Due to Covid, the nearly-year-long-dead-period, and other issues, the bag schools were not ponying up money this year (at least in quantities that they used to pay).

In a cash-poor world, Miami actually had a shot with Marshall. It's not about "stuck" or "not stuck", it was about "paid" or "not paid".

But when the Gaytors suddenly woke up and realized they were going 0-5 at Palmetto, the money floodgates opened.

Keep in mind, Alabama didn't offer what they normally offer. They expected Marshall to pick Alabama on the cheap because Saban. They did not anticipate that Florida would elevate the price of poker.

And maybe it's too late to go back in time on the money issue. But on the secrecy issue, yes, it would be nice to go into a stealth/assassin mode in order to avoid the Palmetto HC/Gaytor coach criminal conspiracy from having time to organize.

Advertisement
Marshall didn't renege on Miami because "somebody found out", it was because he was paid $250K.

At least acknowledge that.
I honestly dont give a **** why he reneged. He was never coming. Im sure UF offered LT money too if they offered JM...who is a 5* prospect but he aint Patrick Johnson (Peterson) either. Regardless, Manny fell for the banana in the tailpipe. He had Divaad Wilson in the bag. Told him No Thanks and now we are virtually back to looking through the TP for help especially if the rumors are true that AB2 is leaving to the NFL.

Pull your head out of the sand.

Due to Covid, the nearly-year-long-dead-period, and other issues, the bag schools were not ponying up money this year (at least in quantities that they used to pay).

In a cash-poor world, Miami actually had a shot with Marshall. It's not about "stuck" or "not stuck", it was about "paid" or "not paid".

But when the Gaytors suddenly woke up and realized they were going 0-5 at Palmetto, the money floodgates opened.

Keep in mind, Alabama didn't offer what they normally offer. They expected Marshall to pick Alabama on the cheap because Saban. They did not anticipate that Florida would elevate the price of poker.

And maybe it's too late to go back in time on the money issue. But on the secrecy issue, yes, it would be nice to go into a stealth/assassin mode in order to avoid the Palmetto HC/Gaytor coach criminal conspiracy from having time to organize.
If they paid 250k for Jason Marshall..they are going to want their money back. He isnt in the upper-echelon of all time HS CBs to come out of South Florida. But doesnt matter.

Advertisement
I honestly dont give a **** why he reneged. He was never coming. Im sure UF offered LT money too if they offered JM...who is a 5* prospect but he aint Patrick Johnson (Peterson) either. Regardless, Manny fell for the banana in the tailpipe. He had Divaad Wilson in the bag. Told him No Thanks and now we are virtually back to looking through the TP for help especially if the rumors are true that AB2 is leaving to the NFL.

I don't give a **** about your opinions. I give a **** about reality. Stop it with your gaping cvntiness of "he was never coming" and "I'm sure UF offered LT money too" (they did not, LT made it clear he didn't want to be offered money).

Your points are just ridiculous. It DOES NOT MATTER if Patrick Johnson/Peterson is "better" than Marshall, the REALITY is that UF can't sign Patrick Johnson/Peterson. Stick to the guys who are available now. And Marshall is available now. And the Gaytors needed "recruiting momentum" to swing their way after whiffing on numerous verbals a few months ago.

You have multiple MULTIPLE people telling you what happened with Marshall, and instead you want to invent a fictitious offer to LT in order to build your bubble of falsehoods.

Stop it. Stop whining about guys "never coming". I'm sure it would take all of 10 seconds to search your old posts to find out that you were pessimistic about our chances with Avantae too, screaming about "he was never coming".

Like I said, THAT didn't take long.

Jassid82 is still the same whiny ***** he was at the beginning of 2020...

Jassid82

Senior​

JoinedJan 29, 2012Messages6,947
nycane said:
They tried to snatch Pope last year
If It were any other team besides UF (and FSU too) I would say let it go. Let the man live. But since UF and Lo decided they wanted to be grimy about the ****, then I fully agree with trying to stop him from playing right away. Even if it costs us Avantae Williams who isn't coming here anyway.

If they paid 250k for Jason Marshall..they are going to want their money back. He isnt in the upper-echelon of all time HS CBs to come out of South Florida. But doesnt matter.

Why are you so ******* obsessed with projecting where Jason Marshall ranks among all SoFla DBs of all time?

The fact remains, he is a 5-star, and the Gaytors wanted recruiting momentum and to avoid going 0-5 at Palmetto.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU THINK JASON MARSHALL IS NOT "UPPER-ECHELON OF ALL TIME".

The Gaytors paid and Marshall flipped.

Sure hope the transfer portal has a couple options.

portal is going to be loaded after this year with some kids getting half a season and ****ed cause of Covid, racist stuff with coaches etc... I think there will be lots of portal options for all teams

Advertisement
You aren’t tough you are a naive moron. Stfu manny slurper

Hilarious. That's your go-to. If someone doesn't rip on every aspect of the program, they are a "slurper".

You have exposed yourself. You have nothing. You are crying like a baby because a 3-star CB decommitted.

Advertisement
Why should he have been dropped? Secondly, our corners are not leaving and we're still short handed. I hope the coaches know what the are doing. You don't have a guarantee when a player commits and you have absolutely nothing when they don't.
I agree he should have never been dropped, unless you have someone already signed that is better. We know they don't have anyone signed so dumb move on their part.

Why are you so ******* obsessed with projecting where Jason Marshall ranks among all SoFla DBs of all time?

The fact remains, he is a 5-star, and the Gaytors wanted recruiting momentum and to avoid going 0-5 at Palmetto.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU THINK JASON MARSHALL IS NOT "UPPER-ECHELON OF ALL TIME".

The Gaytors paid and Marshall flipped.

5*?

Seems he's a 4* and the Gator tears after he dropped were wonderful :)

Advertisement
Back