Ivins: Now what on CB's

You act like it’s uncommon for this ****show staff to be left at the altar.

You have been around long enough to know there are no assurances in college recruiting especially when it comes to UM.

Stop talking and show me!

But all those things you are saying are different issues.

Have we been left before? YES. But we are also talking about different HCs and DCs and position coaches for some of these situations. I'm not saying we WILL get great replacements, but I am saying that there is no way in **** we just dropped Burns out of nowhere without SOMETHING giving us some assurance on why we needed to do that. Again, just compare the Savion Collins situation. We haven't been in contact with him in forever, but we haven't "officially" moved on for another prospect.

I agree with "show me". The staff has 3 months to show me.

Again, I'm not sure why people CAN'T FIGURE OUT the need to be silent in this situation. The MINUTE that Miami fans started yapping about Jason Marshall was exactly when his HS coach and the Gaytor coaches stepped up the conspiracy to outspend Miami.

Now it is time for YOU to be honest, and admit that many Miami fans are hysterical b!tches when it comes to recruiting. If Manny feels the need to cut loose one of our longest-standing verbals at a position of need, in order to QUIETLY make room for other guys who want in, then I will judge those moves IN FEBRUARY.

Advertisement
Don't worry, our coaches will tweet gifs of gymnasts flipping with a comment about shopping at Marshalls and the crib, and we will wind up signing a project from a random school and go portal shopping.

No, they will no longer be sending those tweets.

You would still like to see some CBs signed so that when they do leave we have a mixture of classmen and not just Freshman out there day one.
I agree, I’m just trying to see another angle in why they would do this. I don’t care about bigger fish when you have a good one and have been burned the last 4+ years with that thought process

Have we been left before? YES. But we are also talking about different HCs and DCs and position coaches for some of these situations. I'm not saying we WILL get great replacements, but I am saying that there is no way in **** we just dropped Burns out of nowhere without SOMETHING giving us some assurance on why we needed to do that. Again, just compare the Savion Collins situation. We haven't been in contact with him in forever, but we haven't "officially" moved on for another prospect.

Again, I'm not sure why people CAN'T FIGURE OUT the need to be silent in this situation. The MINUTE that Miami fans started yapping about Jason Marshall was exactly when his HS coach and the Gaytor coaches stepped up the conspiracy to outspend Miami.

Now it is time for YOU to be honest, and admit that many Miami fans are hysterical b!tches when it comes to recruiting. If Manny feels the need to cut loose one of our longest-standing verbals at a position of need, in order to QUIETLY make room for other guys who want in, then I will judge those moves IN FEBRUARY.

We have sucked for 17 years we aren’t hysterical we just get sick of the constant let downs. I’d be shocked if he signs a top notch CB class, but he needs to.

What if our current CB’s said they are returning since this season doesn’t count and we are using the scholarship for another position? They could all use the year to improve everything. Either way Burns shouldn’t have been dropped without having someone signed.
They are all juniors or younger anyway - the free season has no impact on their eligibility for next year.

Advertisement
What if our current CB’s said they are returning since this season doesn’t count and we are using the scholarship for another position? They could all use the year to improve everything. Either way Burns shouldn’t have been dropped without having someone signed.

There's only 5 of them. What other positions are more important than having just 5 CBs? We have a 2-deep and 1 slot. That's awful.

There's only 5 of them. What other positions are more important than having just 5 CBs? We have a 2-deep and 1 slot. That's awful.

I agree, it’s been an issue for years but replacing 2/3 is much worse then all staying and adding just 1.

Amen.

Advertisement
We have sucked for 17 years we aren’t hysterical we just get sick of the constant let downs. I’d be shocked if he signs a top notch CB class, but he needs to.

Yes, most of our porsters are hysterical bytch-made pvssies. That's a fact.

Shut the fvck up about "constant let downs" and sack up.

GAPING PVSSIES on this board.

This is not going to end well for CB recruiting. We can make some noise on the defensive side if we come to our senses and get Winston Moss on board to sway some brothers we need.

George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
This is not going to end well for CB recruiting. We can make some noise on the defensive side if we come to our senses and get Winston Moss on board to sway some brothers we need.
Why would Winston Moss come to Miami to coach DB's? I swear, some of you only want former Canes to coach at Miami. How is that working out with Rumph?

CB recruiting was phucked from the word "go!". Not going after Divaad Wilson was a big mistake. Falling for Jason Marshalls "I am committed as long as nobody finds out before I make the announcement and if they do all bets are off" BS was an even bigger mistake. Its been all downhill from there. I blame Manny for the Divaad Wilson debacle. Hes the HC. It begins and ends with him.

Now we are left with nothing.

Its clear as day what is going to happen. They are going to the transfer portal for the CBs. That is Mannys strategy. If they dont get the guys at the top of the board at the HS level..they go the TP route. None of the remaining targets on the HS CB board are even remotely legit targets from what I can decipher. Not one.

While the TP has been MORE than good to us..I hope Manny knows what hes doing drawing from that well over and over again.

Advertisement
CB recruiting was phucked from the word "go!". Not going after Divaad Wilson was a big mistake. Falling for Jason Marshalls "I am committed as long as nobody finds out before I make the announcement and if they do all bets are off" BS was an even bigger mistake. Its been all downhill from there. I blame Manny for the Divaad Wilson debacle. Hes the HC. It begins and ends with him.

Now we are left with nothing.

Its clear as day what is going to happen. They are going to the transfer portal for the CBs. That is Mannys strategy. If they dont get the guys at the top of the board at the HS level..they go the TP route. None of the remaining targets on the HS CB board are even remotely legit targets from what I can decipher. Not one.

While the TP has been MORE than good to us..I hope Manny knows what hes doing drawing from that well over and over again.

Marshall didn't renege on Miami because "somebody found out", it was because he was paid $250K.

At least acknowledge that.

Saw Steffan Johnson (the QB, and other CB that plays for Venice (opposite Brantley)) just committed to Michigan State as well (had been CB'd to Rutgers). Shame Michigan St and Indiana are out recruiting Miami for Florida DBs.

Runmph and whomever is in involved with CB recruiting needs to be fired. How can we not have a single commit at such a position of dire need. I can not understand how Rumph still has a job here. It’s unbelievable.

Why should he have been dropped? Secondly, our corners are not leaving and we're still short handed. I hope the coaches know what the are doing. You don't have a guarantee when a player commits and you have absolutely nothing when they don't.

Advertisement
Back