It's time to put your money where your mouth is....

Wouldn't that be for other than FBS players. For instance, lower levels where scholarships aren't offered or when a player might have a partial scholarship?
I know I'm just stir the pot but this thing is going to get messy

Qualified education expenses​

• Tuition and fees
  • Room and board
  • Books, supplies and equipment
  • Other necessary expenses , like transportation

This is how bama doing it ...
Other necessary expenses (alas Laptop if your is broken , taking a music class : How about help with a in home studio etc. etc.)
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every player should record a podcast weekly. Have hosting service charge a $1.00 per download/use. Record themselves farting and cursing. Shouldn’t matter. NCAA can’t decide what is legitimate music and what is illegitimate.

I know I'm just stir the pot but this thing is going to get messy

Qualified education expenses​

• Tuition and fees
  • Room and board
  • Books, supplies and equipment
  • Other necessary expenses , like transportation

This is how bama doing it ...
Other necessary expenses (alas Laptop if your is broken , taking a music class : How about help with a in home studio etc. etc.)
Back in the 70's the Dade County School Board Superintendent Johnny Jones bought gold plumbing fixtures for his house on the school district's dime and was going to have vocational students install them to claim they were a legitimate school expense.

He went to prison.

Back in the 70's the Dade County School Board Superintendent Johnny Jones bought gold plumbing fixtures for his house on the school district's dime and was going to have vocational students install them to claim they were a legitimate school expense.

He went to prison.
I like your post
But these qualified education expense are from IRS websites.
I'm not talk about Lambo but 2014 dodge charger maybe.

Used Dodge Chargers Under $8,000 for Sale | TrueCar

yes, but this is going to get out of hand

SEC is all about displaying BAMA, UGA, and Auburn every weekend all over the media. players are going to now going not where they can advance to the pros the easiest and win titles but they are going to start going where they can make $$$

Miami needs to perform to stay in the media so that way our players can contend with the likeness of the devonta smith's of the world
Agreed. We are certainly not the only fan base that will engage in this activity, but we should at least do our part.

Advertisement
This can be what levels the playing field for elite recruit. There are very few teams playing in large media markets... going to a Tuscaloosa or Norman is just bad business.
Not sure that’s the case. How many people in Miami would recognize Deriq King walking down the street? His likeness doesn’t mean anything to most people within the city whereas the majority of a college town probably recognizes a 2nd string LBer walking down the street.

Not sure that’s the case. How many people in Miami would recognize Deriq King walking down the street? His likeness doesn’t mean anything to most people within the city whereas the majority of a college town probably recognizes a 2nd string LBer walking down the street.
Yep!! It does mean nothing, till it mean something...
King on TV will grow his audience not decrease it.
That's how it works

He went to prison.
What do you make of that in the context of the NIL topic?

Advertisement
Like others have said. This will open Pandora's Box. Problems you've never thought of and never imagined.
All this is designed to do is let the rich get richer.
Schools like the BIG 3, SEC schools, and schools with massive booster networks will benefit from this.

This will facilitate schools like Texas A&M with their literally unlimited money to pay fortunes for apparel and autographs.
Miami cant compete in this game.

What do you make of that in the context of the NIL topic?
I'm not really sure, but history is full of people who tried to stretch the rules just a little too far. The ridiculous car under the guise of transportation comes to mind, but we'll see.

Advertisement
Yep!! It does mean nothing, till it mean something...
King on TV will grow his audience not decrease it.
That's how it works
He’s not starring in a sitcom.

More likely is he stars in a car dealership commercial and everyone who sees it wonders who the **** he is. We do have the positive that if the car dealership owner is a big fan, he can be hooked up. The negative is that they can do that everywhere.

The Bamas of the world are already dropping bags for everyone they want. Does anyone think they’re somehow holding back right now? Like they’ve been waiting for it to be legal to really outspend everyone? All this does is insure that our guys will be able to get something. The cheaters don’t want other teams to have the opportunities they already have.

Advertisement
Good.

Everything is already unfair in college football recruiting as is anyway, so why not introduce more chaos.
What’s the worst thing that’s going to happen? Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State will get all the good players and everyone else will fight for the scraps? Oh wait. That’s already how it is.

I'm not really sure, but history is full of people who tried to stretch the rules just a little too far. The ridiculous car under the guise of transportation comes to mind, but we'll see.
You should consider differentiating between public laws and private rules, on the one hand, and stealing/embezzling vs consensual activities, on the other.

You should consider differentiating between public laws and private rules, on the one hand, and stealing/embezzling vs consensual activities, on the other.

Probably, but this is all supposition. The IRS doesn't really care either way. I'm sure the NCAA will be just as stringent in enforcement for 99% of schools.

Probably, but this is all supposition. The IRS doesn't really care either way. I'm sure the NCAA will be just as stringent in enforcement for 99% of schools.
The IRS doesn't care one whit about where your money comes as long as you pay your taxes.

At the same time, if the IRS cared about messing with CFB, it would have already. We all know there's payments getting made that don't see the light of the Treasury.

Advertisement
Back