It's time to put your money where your mouth is....

Advertisement
If ANY of this money can legitimately go to DKing from his likeness, without the NC2A (I’m a Tark fan, that was intentional) getting their panties in a wad, then we should all buy the products. We should literally all spend some money on this, support our own players and be outspoken with our support.

Advertisement
Imagine thinking it’s gonna be as easy as posting your cash app. Lmao the IRS is gonna be watching this like a hawk. I’m sure the player and school is gonna have to go through several steps to ensure the government gets their share and every dime of said likeness income is documented.

Imagine thinking it’s gonna be as easy as posting your cash app. Lmao the IRS is gonna be watching this like a hawk. I’m sure the player and school is gonna have to go through several steps to ensure the government gets their share and every dime of said likeness income is documented.
Cashapp taxes you when you take out your money, that’s the feds cut already

Advertisement
So how will this work , the player are able to sell there likeness ,how? (Tshirt, Product ,Cashapp)

Can a player just post there CASHAPP now ?

Stop the insanity.

1. Players have to get all NIL deals pre-approved by the NCAA.
2. Schools cannot set up NIL deals.
3. Players have to report income on tax return.

Please just stop the fantasy nonsense of Cashapp.

Stop the insanity.

I haven’t read the legislation, so what do you mean schools can’t set up deals? As in they can’t shop around for the players or they can’t put players merchandise in their stores? I assumed they’d allow all players to sell their branded gear in campus bookstores

Advertisement
Stop the insanity.

You maybe right ...You maybe wrong ...

College athletes also would be allowed to make money for signing autographs and for providing instruction lessons. They would be allowed to sell memorabilia once they have completed their eligibility. They also would be able to use crowdfunding sites to raise money for educational expenses that exceed the cost of attendance.

Plus

(Florida's impending law does not have the additional provision regarding athletes' activities outside official team settings.)

In other words, those states’ laws would appear to prevent a school aligned with one company from preventing its athletes from having a deal with a competing company, as long as the athlete is keeping the promotional activities separate from official school activities.

Advertisement
You maybe right ...You maybe wrong ...

College athletes also would be allowed to make money for signing autographs and for providing instruction lessons. They would be allowed to sell memorabilia once they have completed their eligibility. They also would be able to use crowdfunding sites to raise money for educational expenses that exceed the cost of attendance.
Wouldn't that be for other than FBS players. For instance, lower levels where scholarships aren't offered or when a player might have a partial scholarship?

Wouldn't that be for other than FBS players. For instance, lower levels where scholarships aren't offered or when a player might have a partial scholarship?
That’s the way I saw it. FBS football scholarships completely cover educational expenses.

If ANY of this money can legitimately go to DKing from his likeness, without the NC2A (I’m a Tark fan, that was intentional) getting their panties in a wad, then we should all buy the products. We should literally all spend some money on this, support our own players and be outspoken with our support.
yes, but this is going to get out of hand

SEC is all about displaying BAMA, UGA, and Auburn every weekend all over the media. players are going to now going not where they can advance to the pros the easiest and win titles but they are going to start going where they can make $$$

Miami needs to perform to stay in the media so that way our players can contend with the likeness of the devonta smith's of the world

Still going to run through the compliance department so you can forget direct payments. Wonder how much extra staff this will take at some schools.

Advertisement
Back