Its only November

Advertisement
QB - Excellent in the post. Plays great with his back to the basket. Plus Rebounder.
RB - Riley is a stud. CWH is fast I guess. Lyle flipping from OSU would give some tinglies in the nether region, NGL, because F OSU.
WR - Elite across the board. JoJo was close to a 5 star, Chance is dynamic and has some size and Ny Carr looks like a freak.
TE - Baller, but who cares since we don't use TE's as receivers anymore.
OL - underwhelming, but who cares since it is depth. The cream witll rise to the top.
Edge - Lightfoot is a baller. Rudolph and Booker need to eat better than Cyrus Moss has been.
DT - IF Artavious sticks, it's a C-/D+. If he flips, it's a D-/F. I know we have Burroughs, but we need at four good/great DTs that can rotate reps. We have 2 right now - LT56 and JHH, maybe Branson Deen. This is the one area that I was expecting more results from. We whiffed on all the big boys and now we're stuck scrambling. Salavea probably needs to hit the bricks if we can't pull a rabbit out of the hat.
LB - Underwhelming, but maybe Shavers pans out. Last year's class had a lot of studs so I wonder if that scared some others off.
CB - Also underwhelming.
Safety - Zaquan is a stud and I think Ryan Mack could be good.

At minimum, we need a couple DTs, a center, at least one VERY GOOD CB, and a QB. Whether we flip guys, find guys or hit the portal, IDGAF.
If we get Mincey and flip Robinson, we good in the secondary. I think we can still flip Adarius Hayes. As for DT, I think we blew our load and will have to rely on the portal. QB is probably going to be a race for Maalik Murphy.

Winning OT games while looking bad on offense is like using a bucket to scoop intruding water out of your boat. Sure, we stay afloat for now, but nobody is dying to jump on board with us.

We need to drop 40 points and beat NC St convincingly. Beat FSU as ugly as you want. And then beat UL by 10.

At that point, then elite recruits will want to jump on to our ship. Or at least more willing to.

Right now, they're looking at the ship and questioning everything about its safety even though it hasn't sunk.

QB - Excellent in the post. Plays great with his back to the basket. Plus Rebounder.
RB - Riley is a stud. CWH is fast I guess. Lyle flipping from OSU would give some tinglies in the nether region, NGL, because F OSU.
WR - Elite across the board. JoJo was close to a 5 star, Chance is dynamic and has some size and Ny Carr looks like a freak.
TE - Baller, but who cares since we don't use TE's as receivers anymore.
OL - underwhelming, but who cares since it is depth. The cream witll rise to the top.
Edge - Lightfoot is a baller. Rudolph and Booker need to eat better than Cyrus Moss has been.
DT - IF Artavious sticks, it's a C-/D+. If he flips, it's a D-/F. I know we have Burroughs, but we need at four good/great DTs that can rotate reps. We have 2 right now - LT56 and JHH, maybe Branson Deen. This is the one area that I was expecting more results from. We whiffed on all the big boys and now we're stuck scrambling. Salavea probably needs to hit the bricks if we can't pull a rabbit out of the hat.
LB - Underwhelming, but maybe Shavers pans out. Last year's class had a lot of studs so I wonder if that scared some others off.
CB - Also underwhelming.
Safety - Zaquan is a stud and I think Ryan Mack could be good.

At minimum, we need a couple DTs, a center, at least one VERY GOOD CB, and a QB. Whether we flip guys, find guys or hit the portal, IDGAF.
If we get Mincey and flip Robinson, we good in the secondary. I think we can still flip Adarius Hayes. As for DT, I think we blew our load and will have to rely on the portal. QB is probably going to be a race for Maalik Murphy.
Excellent in the post is WILD. I'm actually in tears.

Advertisement
Let’s see how well he recruits our current underclass men impact players to stay. That will make or break next season

QB-Project
RB-Elite player
TE-Very good player
WR-Elite class
OL-Athletic projects down year for OL across the nation

DE-Very good class, maybe 1 elite player in Lightfoot
DT-1 good player, missing quality and numbers
LB-Ok class
CB-I personally like Mack and Frederique, but I know the star gazers dont like this CB class
S-Really like this safety class with arguably top S prospect in America, and high upside S

Again this recruiting class is fine if you supplement it with portal players also. Like DT, isn't as big a miss since you added Burroughs.
If Miami adds a portal QB, that position isn't a big miss.

I still expect Miami to add a few more quality players in this class.
This is a good review. I won't disagree with anyone who calls this recruiting cycle an L in general because it appears we'll come in 3rd to FSU and Florida

But did we get enough to be successful in the future? I'd say yes and trust our development more than FSU or Florida. This isn't a dud class but you definitely don't want to come in 3rd again any time soon.

I think MC is banking on the portal for game ready players. I think we get caught up with recruiting classes so much as if the portal doesnt exist.
It's what FSU had to do with an average recruiting ranking in the 20's over the last 5 years.

I said it before, Mario averaged better than a Top-10 class at Oregon, but never had back-to-back Top-10 classes there.
With very good classes in '23 and potentially '25, if we supplement with good portal work we can absorb a 10-12th ranked class this year.

Advertisement
This is a good review. I won't disagree with anyone who calls this recruiting cycle an L in general because it appears we'll come in 3rd to FSU and Florida

But did we get enough to be successful in the future? I'd say yes and trust our development more than FSU or Florida. This isn't a dud class but you definitely don't want to come in 3rd again any time soon.
Portal supplement is key.
That team on the panhandle came in 3rd in recruiting the past 4 years.

Record:
With the way we have looked since the bye week I’m not convinced we’ll finish 3-1 but if we do that would be what I predicted for the year—9-3 and I’d be happy with that showing for Y2.

It would show things going in the right direction and set us up a lot better for next years class than 5-7 did with this one.

Biiiig Bonus points if we beat FSU.

Good class so fat but be aware that most our coins are going to #1 Portal (QB, DT, CB) and #2 retain good players that can turn pro ( see Center, OG, S, 1 LB)

We are going all in with Portal/Current players aiming at the playoffs next year with 12 teams

If we hit espwcially on QB and CB the team next year could be really good

Officially November 1st. Just wanted to give anyone the chance to go on record with thoughts on class. Looking down our commit list, I am not encouraged, and this is not a top 10 class. I think another 3 wins is our ceiling this year, but I won't go on record with my prediction.

How do you see these next 45 days shaking out? Is it still too early to judge? Is it only November and Zo and Mario are waiting to shock the world? Is the class fine and Cway a mope?
Imma take heat for this but I'm ok with a top 15 HS class and top 10 portal class. Not saying this is the long term formula it it may bode well this upcoming off season. Portal recruiting is becoming very important to keep momentum going in a program instead of taking some steps back waiting on development of some players. Ask Dabo

Advertisement
I like a lot of the guys we have committed but it worries me that there are talks of them being flipped. Hope we add some studs like Ellis and a big time DT and nail a good QB transfer from the portal. Next years recruiting will be better especially if we finish this year strong and beat FSU.

Imma take heat for this but I'm ok with a top 15 HS class and top 10 portal class. Not saying this is the long term formula it it may bode well this upcoming off season. Portal recruiting is becoming very important to keep momentum going in a program instead of taking some steps back waiting on development of some players. Ask Dabo
Breathe, it's ok in here.

Class is a C -. Average isn't going to cut it... no excuses as that's for losers. Mario Cristobal's only strength is recruiting, and this class is on par with Golden, Richt, and Diaz.
C'mon man...

Mario- 7th, 11th*

Diaz- 27th, 17th, 11th, 50th +/- when fired.
Richt- 22nd, 12th, 8th.
Golden- 33rd, 10th, 14th, 12th, 27th

Advertisement
Having a worse class than FSU and UF is mind boggling. Miami hired a recruiting first HC. He’s currently being out recruited by Sun Belt Billy who has a worse team than Miami. He’s being out recruited by corn row Mike (a terrible recruiter) who also destroys him with portal recruiting.

If Mario can’t recruit at a top level he’s a bad hire. Period. He needs top 5 classes to make up for his inability to coach. This class isn’t at a top level.

and that’s a casualty of lack of wins in 2023
Yet you said yesterday that it's hard to take something serious that I said... Lack of wins he says while we're 6-2 with a top 10 class (no matter the reason for it) some of you people will never be satisfied. We pull a chip and it'll be yeah but we could've went undefeated. Stop being so miserable as a collective & see if we can find a positive or two to lock on.

C'mon man...

Mario- 7th, 11th*

Diaz- 27th, 17th, 11th, 50th +/- when fired.
Richt- 22nd, 12th, 8th.
Golden- 33rd, 10th, 14th, 12th, 27th
200.gif

Advertisement
Back