It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

In my humble opinion, I don't think it is about embarrassing people. The message needs to be direct but respectful. Something like this: (just example)
UM Football is Dying.
Board of Trustees Has Responsibility to Rescue UM Football
Fire Athletic Director and Head Coach.

Advertisement
In my humble opinion, I don't think it is about embarrassing people. The message needs to be direct but respectful. Something like this: (just example)
UM Football is Dying.
Board of Trustees Has Responsibility to Rescue UM Football
Fire Athletic Director and Head Coach.

Replace "Athletic Director" with Blake James and name a few more admins and I'm ok with this.

If you are going to use people's names, I would just make sure someone is there when it is revealed to get photos of it. I would imagine our BoTs are going to do whatever they can to take it down, especially with names and photos on it.

Not even sure if the billboard company would do it

If you want it to stay up longer, might want to think about no names or faces.

I like the names and faces, even if it means only being up for a day or two, but I will chip in either way

Advertisement
If you are going to use people's names, I would just make sure someone is there when it is revealed to get photos of it. I would imagine our BoTs are going to do whatever they can to take it down, especially with names and photos on it.

Not even sure if the billboard company would do it

If you want it to stay up longer, might want to think about no names or faces.

I like the names and faces, even if it means only being up for a day or two, but I will chip in either way

I'm not an attorney, but I don't see how naming Blake James by name can have legal consequences. His picture, on the other hand, could be a problem.

Keep it simple and just use words.

I'm not an attorney, but I don't see how naming Blake James by name can have legal consequences. His picture, on the other hand, could be a problem.

Keep it simple and just use words.
I was just saying, if you use names, I would think the school/BoTs would be much more proactive in trying to get it taken down

Nothing legally "wrong" with using a public photo, like the one on the website. Doesn't mean they can't file a suit against you

Advertisement
I was just saying, if you use names, I would think the school/BoTs would be much more proactive in trying to get it taken down

Last I checked it's a free country. All they could try to do is book the billboard on a future date and beat us to the pre-payment for that future month.....but by then the damage will be done and it will actually look worse that they bought it out.

I would add that you should say you'll post a poll on the wording/ad. At least here and the Wez, that should entice more donations.

Last I checked it's a free country. All they could try to do is book the billboard on a future date and beat us to the pre-payment for that future month.....but by then the damage will be done and it will actually look worse that they bought it out.
I'm with you, dawg

Advertisement
"The Board of Trustees (name the most prominent ones?) and the UM athletic department have destroyed Miami athletics

Fire Blake James/Jenn Strawley, save our University from mediocrity"

I really think it needs to be more than just about football
I really don't think attacking the BOT like that would help us. They hold all the keys and they answer to no one. It would help more if we appeal to them to fix the problem than accusing them of causing it.

Something factual & direct clowns the school as well

could be a website of only facts/stats with no opinions. Could break the website into sections

recruiting failures;

Since 2009, Florida leads the nation with 45 first-round selections. Only three went to Miami.
STA has this many nfl players. this many went to miami.
MNW has this many nfl players. this many went to miami.
51 south florida born nfl players....
soflo nfl pro bowlers...this many went to miami.
soflo nfl players who didnt get miami scholarship offers
etc

offense failures, defense failures, hiring failures, etc etc etc. Focusing specifically on the Randy era to the present.

I like this idea, but put it in a box right next to another box highlighting the Old U --- National Championships, Heisman and other Award winners, Record Home Winning Streak, First Round and Total NFL Picks, NFL HOFers.

Advertisement
I started this campaign after the original thread gauging interest received overwhelming support, and well over 3k views. If every single one of those readers donated just $2 to this effort, we would have more than enough to get it done.

Truth is simple banners aren't going to cut it anymore. I gave it several hours before checking the news today, and laughed that the most embarrassing loss in school history hasn't merited any firings. Blake James should have been shown the door immediately to get the party started at least, when you compound this loss with the way all the major athletic programs have performed in recent years.

It's time to take matters into our own hands, and give notice to the entire administration from the community that we think them a joke and a clown show. Clearly being beaten by the commuter school in Sweetwater wasn't embarrassing enough for them. So throw in your money, and throw in your billboard ideas. The one requirement is that it needs to target the school/administration as a whole, and not any one individual. There is plenty of stink to spread around. Bonus points for creative ways to embarrass the school as much as possible without getting me sued for defamation lmao.

Fundraising link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/us1-billboard-protest-um-administration

Why not do a GoFundMe for a digital billboard? You know, the ones that are on the back of a truck?

Advertisement
Back