It's getting real

Brooklyndee

We ****** or wut
Premium
So just to cover the bases here. I told y'all we were pulling Jacob Copelands offer. Well when dugans got on the phone with him to tell him we had enough things took yet another twist. He just commited to us... precursor to more drama to come. The thought is he's committing simply to cover his own ***. He knows his options with us otherwise are done. The common thought on this kid is he's a world of drama. Tons of talent but really not worth all the headaches and a potential cancer to the locker room. Kids got a world of talent. I just don't want a kid who tears apart the locker room. But there you go. In my own opinion. This is simply him trying to buy himself time. He just released a top 5 that didn't even have us in it. Take it how you will. From my understanding it isn't a silent commit. We are trying to keep those to a minimum this year after all the dramatics of last class.

Advertisement
I know you're just the messenger Dee but LOL at anyone from the Pensacola area comitting to us and being solid in the first place

So is this going to be announced tomorrow or what? I agree he's talented, but I'm not sure another drama case is what we need. If nothing else, hopefully it will a) continue to build recruiting momentum, and/or b) make a few other WRs realize they should commit sooner rather than later to reserve a spot.

Edit: Looking at his twitter, he suddenly retweeted a bunch of Miami stuff earlier. Would make sense with what OP just said.. interesting

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree. This just really confuses me & I just found out he told Clemson last week he was commited there. I can't see us taking this. I apologize yall. I shouldn't have even got anyone's hopes up on this one way or the other. I'm putting myself on restriction. For clarity sake this came from the parent of another very high profile recruit that's friends with him. All the same I'll found out from staff in a day or two. I ain't got no choice but to wear whatever **** talk comes my way on this one. I should've just waited. I was just stupefied when this chick told me this ****!

Last edited:
DON'T put yourself on restriction Dee!! Your insight and information is a rarity and unique. I can't speak for everyone on the board, but I most certainly appreciate all your contributions!! Good luck with the recruitment of your nephew wherever he may end up 👏🏻
Look forward to your posts in the future 👍🏻

Advertisement
So is this going to be announced tomorrow or what? I agree he's talented, but I'm not sure another drama case is what we need. If nothing else, hopefully it will a) continue to build recruiting momentum, and/or b) make a few other WRs realize they should commit sooner rather than later to reserve a spot.

Edit: Looking at his twitter, he suddenly retweeted a bunch of Miami stuff earlier. Would make sense with what OP just said.. interesting

It's definitely what I was told. But knowing the back story it honestly confuses me. I'll find out in a day or two. Sorry for building up hopes to not get a 100% confirmation

It's definitely what I was told. But knowing the back story it honestly confuses me. I'll find out in a day or two. Sorry for building up hopes to not get a 100% confirmation

It's cool. I and many others certainly appreciate the insight, even if you have been wrong some lately. Whether people like it or not, recruiting can and does change in an instant. It's a cliche most hate, but... "recruiting is fluid"

Advertisement
In this rare case, I'd say don't accept the commit or waste time with him at this moment. Things like this destroy momentum.
We don't need cats playing games publicly and sending the message that it's still cool to do that with us. Especially when it seems like we finally have recruits in **** or get off the pot mode.

This class is loaded and I like the mentality so far. Let's keep it that way

Advertisement
Back