It's getting real

All I can really say is from seeing him without pads at IMG the kid has an amazing skill set. All the intangibles are there & he seems to be able to process what's being thrown at him relatively quickly. One way or the other well see this year. If he wanted an excuse he came to the wrong place.

I've seen Art plenty of times... and the kid looks the part but its extremly difficult to judge base on his team that threw maybe 7 times a game if they were lucky. No wideouts to throw to also.. Every Throw was a thread the need type due to lack of ablity to get open or separate. And another 80% of the time Art had to tuck and go...becuase protection broke down. bad situation..

I will say this - he is Tough as nails... and if he wasn't a Qb - he'd be a hellava TE..

Would really like that cat committed to California - Adrian Martinez - but thats probably impossible.

The Mixon Kid is a stud and would like him before Artie S

But I'd take a combo of Mixon and Artie S... and ride.

JC

You have said this twice now. The kid averaged 20 attempts per game. Are you sure you ever watched him?

LOL Trust me on this... I've Send them Plenty. Actually on the field for some of them. **** I think I'm in one of his highlights.. If you want to count garbage time with like 3 min to go in the game and they are losing... then yea.
But If you knew ANYTHING about Old Bridge and the offense that they run ... yea 7 - 10 time seems right.

JC

I certainly don't know anything about his teams offense, other than your claims of his pass attempt numbers being hyperbole to justify something.

I don't think I know more about this kid than you or the staff for one second. What I would like to know is if anyone can think of the last time we saw a highly successful college quarterback who barely connected on 50% of his pass attempts and had twice as many interceptions as touchdowns.

I get that he might have poor receivers that can't create separation, but it is not like he is going to be looking at massive throwing windows at the next level. So in your observation of him, is his low completion percentage and terrible TD/INT ratio because he is an inaccurate passer, or makes poor decisions? I am not sure which is more discouraging.

If this is indeed our top target, hopefully he really wows at IMG this year because that stat line for a high school kid that is considered a top prospect is terrifying.

Deandre Francois was around 48% as a junior before he transferred to IMG. Lets see what he does this year.

Advertisement
Why would IMG take Art if they didn't think he was the goods? They can recruit studs with the best of them.

They obviously see something in him. Richt does, too. Lesbehonest, the kid has some tools to work with. Otherwise, he wouldn't be mentioned on this forum, or spoken of as a potential UM QB.

For the fellas that think he's a no brainer for 2018, salute. Salute, gents. We have a big time battle at the QB position. The winner most likely holds the spot down for a few years. Not sure how taking Art hurts us. We should be ALLLL in for TWO STUDS in 2019!

Why would IMG take Art if they didn't think he was the goods? They can recruit studs with the best of them.

They obviously see something in him. Richt does, too. Lesbehonest, the kid has some tools to work with. Otherwise, he wouldn't be mentioned on this forum, or spoken of as a potential UM QB.

For the fellas that think he's a no brainer for 2018, salute. Salute, gents. We have a big time battle at the QB position. The winner most likely holds the spot down for a few years. Not sure how taking Art hurts us. We should be ALLLL in for TWO STUDS in 2019!

Why did Rick sign Bryce Ramsey and Faron Bauta and Greyson Lambert?

There's no science to it, but I'm unaware of any 50% HS passers with twice as many TDs as INTs who went on to great college success. We'll see what he does this year with a lot of talent around him.

There's no science to it, but I'm unaware of any 50% HS passers with twice as many TDs as INTs who went on to great college success. We'll see what he does this year with a lot of talent around him.

its worse, Didn't he have twice as many INTs as TDs?

Some crazy stat like that. Makes little sense.

Somehow, the kid is at IMG, primed to start at QB. That's elite for high school. Couple that with a UM offer from Richt, and you'd be a fool not to think he has potential.

Chise: He hit on way more than most. WAY more.

I'm with you on watching what he does this season with better talent around him.

Advertisement

I jumbled it, but that's what I meant.

Bryce ramsey was a high 4 star qb & lambert was a transfer he took because ramsey wasn't panning out. Are you really questioning Richt's ability to evaluate qbs? Come on bruh. Ur better than that & there is a science to it. That's why some suceed & others play like Jay cutler...

Furthermore to answer that question would require an accurate knowledge of qb high school stats who succeeded in college.

Advertisement
Back