It's getting real

No disrespect but I truly hope arthur isn't our guy.

IMO the 2018 class QB isn't as important as the 2019 QB...Next year we will have at least 3-4 legit guys battling for the starter position.

Whomever wins that will be starting for at least 3 years. The 2019 QB will most likely be the next starter after this years guy.

I see your view here but honestly from this point forth you gotta look to our old 80s & 90s rosters because that's the outlook he has. Well be taking a legit qb every year & our starters will more often than not be short term guys(think most bama qbs) instead of dorsey or Kaaya. Two years tops

Advertisement
Honest question on Sitkowski. It seems like with Perry and the offensive play-calling, Richt is moving towards dual-threat guys. Is Sitkowski mobile?

Perry isn't necessarily the best indication of things to come for a regular. Far as the play calling goes you gotta make the best out of what you have. None of us were too fond of rpo but if yall don't take a second to step back & realize if we didn't have that as an option for defenses to consider the 2 seconds it took defenses to get to brad with our oline play last year would've been cut down to 1. A good indication of that should be how after October we switched out to shotgun almost exclusively. That was richt admitting this isn't working.

Honest question on Sitkowski. It seems like with Perry and the offensive play-calling, Richt is moving towards dual-threat guys. Is Sitkowski mobile?

Perry isn't necessarily the best indication of things to come for a regular. Far as the play calling goes you gotta make the best out of what you have. None of us were too fond of rpo but if yall don't take a second to step back & realize if we didn't have that as an option for defenses to consider the 2 seconds it took defenses to get to brad with our oline play last year would've been cut down to 1. A good indication of that should be how after October we switched out to shotgun almost exclusively. That was richt admitting this isn't working.

I was actually fine with the RPO to an extent. It was more just it seemed like Richt with his playcalling in year 1 and then with Perry as our QB this year, he was looking for that skill-set out of his QBs going forward. Sitkowski seems to be classified as a pro style QB on most sites, so was wondering how that aligned with everything else.

I def don't think Copeland is a top 3 WR nationally...

I think he's def a player, but I'm not sure I'd put him top 3 in a Pope, X Williams, Copeland, Hightower convo!

I'm just saying where most sites put him. For me he's probably 6 or 7
#1 Jaelen hall
#2 nephew
#3 st.brown
#4 Ross
#5 Marshall
#6 Xavier
#7 Pope
#8 Copeland
#9 Ross
#1 0 Austin honestly though this is a REALLY deep year for recievers. It's easily about 20 deep that could all be monsters & fluctuate in ranks.

Dee...how did your nephew's season go last year? How does he like IMG comp'd to his original hs? Apologies if this has been asked and answered already.

Go Canes!

He had a decent year. He hates img though. He's the type that wants the ball on a down by down basis. Img isn't set up for that. Especially last year with Keller as the QB. He preferred to run on a regular basis himself most of the time (don't expect him to start at a & my any time soon) he also had a tedious relationship with the o.c. he expects everyone to be his buddy & hang out at his house (honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he's a closet pedophile) really took alot to keep him from transferring out. Img is sortve like a military school for football. This year a few of his friends transferred down from chaminade & Calabasas. They also have a qb he likes to throw the ball & he has a good relationship with. This year should be fun for him.

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] honest question man do you know anything about dionte Mullins and what about jack Allison I love kosi no doubt he from my city but I just wanna have a stable of elite qbs waiting to throw to these beasts on the outside and light Florida states *** up

Advertisement

I was actually fine with the RPO to an extent. It was more just it seemed like Richt with his playcalling in year 1 and then with Perry as our QB this year, he was looking for that skill-set out of his QBs going forward. Sitkowski seems to be classified as a pro style QB on most sites, so was wondering how that aligned with everything else.

Id say from what I've seen he's very much a pocket qb that is very capable of mobility. Anotherwords he has a gunslinger mentality but he's not stubborn about it
You wanna go naked,run waggles,bootlegs etc. Not a problem but he's happy in his element. I think he has that dog in him. I was worriedriving too coming into things but seeing him with my nephew & how much my nephew talks about the kid I'm now anxious to see if he's all that or what. I think he's gonna have a monster year.

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] honest question man do you know anything about dionte Mullins and what about jack Allison I love kosi no doubt he from my city but I just wanna have a stable of elite qbs waiting to throw to these beasts on the outside and light Florida states *** up

I've been said I think jack will be the starter. He might not necessarily stay the starter but I think initially its his job to lose. He has alot of things going for him especially a year getting to know the offense & under Richt's tutelage. Nkosi is gonna have a hard time I think winning that initially. I'd say he's probably the third stringer to start the year just because he'll be so far behind everyone else. But we'll see. He does already have the playbook. It's just different studying it from practicing it. Far as Dionte goes he just had a lil run of bad luck. First it took him so long to get in,than he had to take the time to get in real shape,time to learn play book (he had trouble with)& then when everything was finally looking good he had a groin pull & an ankle injury. We got high hopes for him though.

For those who haven't seen the new QBs numbers here they are in narrative form. Perry's sophomore year (5 games) was a bit of a train wreck passing the ball, but his final two years were very good. His senior year he played in 10 games, and his completion percentage was at 64.6%, and he threw for 24/4 TD/INT 1778 total yards. He played 11 games as a junior and threw for more yards his junior year 2307 with fewer picks 2 but at a lower completion percentage %57.4. He threw for an incredible 32 TDs as a junior (32/2). He averaged a ridiculous 18.0 per completion as a junior also. His senior year he was at a very respectable 16.8 yards per completion.

Cade played in 9 games as a sophomore. He had an impressive .665% completion percentage and threw for 2103 yards. His TD/INT ratio was 20/9 that season. He was out his junior season and then set the world on fire passing for 3135 total yards in just 10 games. He averaged 18.6 yards per completion and his TD/INT ratio was 19/11.

Sitkowski numbers certainly don't stand out to this point, but he is in a place where he should thrive now. I think we'll get a much better indication of his true potential this season.

For those who haven't seen the new QBs numbers here they are in narrative form. Perry's sophomore year (5 games) was a bit of a train wreck passing the ball, but his final two years were very good. His senior year he played in 10 games, and his completion percentage was at 64.6%, and he threw for 24/4 TD/INT 1778 total yards. He played 11 games as a junior and threw for more yards his junior year 2307 with fewer picks 2 but at a lower completion percentage %57.4. He threw for an incredible 32 TDs as a junior (32/2). He averaged a ridiculous 18.0 per completion as a junior also. His senior year he was at a very respectable 16.8 yards per completion.

Cade played in 9 games as a sophomore. He had an impressive .665% completion percentage and threw for 2103 yards. His TD/INT ratio was 20/9 that season. He was out his junior season and then set the world on fire passing for 3135 total yards in just 10 games. He averaged 18.6 yards per completion and his TD/INT ratio was 19/11.

Sitkowski numbers certainly don't stand out to this point, but he is in a place where he should thrive now. I think we'll get a much better indication of his true potential this season.

Perry was pulled in almost all his games is why his stats dropped off. He rarely finished games. Sitkowski screams Jake Allen type , shorts and shirts star , then Fri nights is a different story.

Advertisement
Dee...how did your nephew's season go last year? How does he like IMG comp'd to his original hs? Apologies if this has been asked and answered already.

Go Canes!

He had a decent year. He hates img though. He's the type that wants the ball on a down by down basis. Img isn't set up for that. Especially last year with Keller as the QB. He preferred to run on a regular basis himself most of the time (don't expect him to start at a & my any time soon) he also had a tedious relationship with the o.c. he expects everyone to be his buddy & hang out at his house (honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he's a closet pedophile) really took alot to keep him from transferring out. Img is sortve like a military school for football. This year a few of his friends transferred down from chaminade & Calabasas. They also have a qb he likes to throw the ball & he has a good relationship with. This year should be fun for him.

Well hope he realizes he's not going to be getting the ball every play in college, regardless where he chooses to go.

I def don't think Copeland is a top 3 WR nationally...

I think he's def a player, but I'm not sure I'd put him top 3 in a Pope, X Williams, Copeland, Hightower convo!

I'm just saying where most sites put him. For me he's probably 6 or 7
#1 Jaelen hall
#2 nephew
#3 st.brown
#4 Ross
#5 Marshall
#6 Xavier
#7 Pope
#8 Copeland
#9 Ross
#1 0 Austin honestly though this is a REALLY deep year for recievers. It's easily about 20 deep that could all be monsters & fluctuate in ranks.

Go Canes!

Good stuff. Hopefully The new QB has a good year and BH shows out. Good luck to him on the camp circuit.

Go Canes!

Yeah I heard Perry say that in an interview. His completion percentage actually went up his senior season. My hope is that our next QB has heart, makes plays, and takes care of the football.

Perry was pulled in almost all his games is why his stats dropped off. He rarely finished games. Sitkowski screams Jake Allen type , shorts and shirts star , then Fri nights is a different story.

Yeah I heard Perry say that in an interview. His completion percentage actually went up his senior season. My hope is that our next QB has heart, makes plays, and takes care of the football.

if nkosi's as half as good as the frenchie i'll take it

Advertisement
The only issue I have with Perry is his physical size. He may end up being the goods...but behind a suspect O-line a bigger stronger qb who also has wheels makes more sense to me. Weldon has 25lbs on perry...so does Allison, and Shirreffs(sp?) has 35lbs on him...he needs a year of nutrition and weight room.

I've noted a bunch of times how I'm happy Richt seemingly recognizes an issue and corrects it. But, my concern is we kinda already knew this was a problem. There was still an insistence to try it the other way. Perhaps the explanation is as simple as "getting to know the players," but ask around or something. We could have won another game or two in October. We'll see how that proactivity shows up this upcoming year or not, I guess. I'm really excited about our potential. Hoping we change ahead of time going forward.

I've noted a bunch of times how I'm happy Richt seemingly recognizes an issue and corrects it. But, my concern is we kinda already knew this was a problem. There was still an insistence to try it the other way. Perhaps the explanation is as simple as "getting to know the players," but ask around or something. We could have won another game or two in October. We'll see how that proactivity shows up this upcoming year or not, I guess. I'm really excited about our potential. Hoping we change ahead of time going forward.

Agreed 100%. Preventative, not reactive

Only way to stay ahead of the curve and get back to form

Advertisement

Go Canes!

Well hope he realizes he's not going to be getting the ball every play in college, regardless where he chooses to go.

He just wants to be a major contributor. Every kid wants to be a major piece of the offense. I put a bad choice of words together that doesn't reflect him accurately.

True to remember how Lil time he actually had to get to know these kids & what they could actually achieve on the field. As we move forward these kids are adapting to his ways & he's learning theirs. In all honesty atleast two of those games we did win if not for the refs & horrible calls. But ***** it. Your point is still valid.

Go Canes!

He just wants to be a major contributor. Every kid wants to be a major piece of the offense. I put a bad choice of words together that doesn't reflect him accurately.

I understand that. Every single WR in america thinks they are open 100% of the time and that they should always be getting the ball. haha.

I just hope he doesn't go to Clemson solely for the reason for him thinking he has the better shot at being "the guy" there. Because it does look like we will be bringing in an elite WR class (and DB, obvioustly). Definitely want him though...right after Pope. And I want Wiggins as long as he stays loyal.

True to remember how Lil time he actually had to get to know these kids & what they could actually achieve on the field. As we move forward these kids are adapting to his ways & he's learning theirs. In all honesty atleast two of those games we did win if not for the refs & horrible calls. But ***** it. Your point is still valid.

...And last season was still a major success in my eyes. Thats whats so exciting. We were so **** close to only having 1 loss. And for the first time it really feels like we will take the next step toward actually winning those games, and negating the refs. Every great team has to beat the opposition and the ref every game. Under Golden it felt we were lucky to get to 9 wins. Now it feels unlucky to get to 9. this year I expect to make a real run for ACC championship. And within 4 yrs I expect to play in the cfb playoff.

Advertisement
Back