It's all about the X's & O's...

Oh no... Hightower already checking out like half the players in practice today?!? Say it ain’t so dsddcane!
Spare me keyboard killer. I know ur life accomplishments are all related to hot sauce challenges & dunghole shots in Ithaca. However that uniquely qualifies you to speak on football please just spare me.

Advertisement
Saban is from West Virginia, dipped out on the Miami Dolphins and is hated by the fanbase, and coaches up in TusKKKaloosa. South Florida kids love him.

Dabo's some goofy hillbilly that played at Alabama and now coaches in bum **** South Carolina. South Florida kids love him.

Know what they have in common - they're the only coaches to win national titles in the last 5 years sans Urban. Don't care if the next coach is a Pacific Islander who has a mix of Norwegian and Mongolian heritage, so long as they win at Miami I couldn't care less.

People are too fixated on what made Miami great back in the day. They don't focus on the fact that we were innovators first and foremost and that's what had us winning.

If he can coach, Miami will win. No matter where they originate from, or what their mixed blood or lilly white heritage bloodline is all about. hUh

I'm going to pose this question here since there's no reason to start another thread on the topic and we seem to be getting some reasonably smart answers in here.

What exactly happened to the running game against CMU?

We saw the struggles with pass blocking and Jarren holding the ball too long against Florida but the running game (outside of sacks) was pretty effective against what's generally a very good defense. They were able to move the ball when they didn't get killed by sacks.

Against UNC the offense came out sluggish but started making a concerned effort to run the ball in the second quarter and generally had a productive game. I thought we played more than well enough on offense to win that game.

Similar scenario against Bethune with a semi-slow start but Miami was able to get the offense humming probably as good as I've seen in a while. I know it's an FCS opponent but we've seen Miami teams struggle, especially running the ball, against overmatched FCS opponents more than a few times in recent years.

Why did they just look completely overpowered against CMU? What were they doing that completely flabbergasted our offense and offensive line in particular? I mean, I knew our line wasn't world beaters and that we couldn't just line up and smash opponents, even weaker ones but man, outside of the two scoring drives, our guys looked like they were up against Alabama. We could run the ball against Florida and North Carolina but Central Michigan was just too **** tough for us?

Spare me keyboard killer. I know ur life accomplishments are all related to hot sauce challenges & dunghole shots in Ithaca. However that uniquely qualifies you to speak on football please just spare me.

Okay 90% percent of the coaches suck. So what role if any do the players have in this or is it better staff and these same players will become way better??

Advertisement

LOL! Hot sauce challenge sounds like a good time! Dunghole shots on the other hand...

But I didn’t mean that to come off as negative though. I just like Hightower as a player and I actually look forward to your posts (positive preferably, but the negative ones too as u tell it like it is).

I’m definitely not qualified to speak on football like you and many others on here are. I’m just a die hard Cane fan and want to see things back to when we were winning and competing for championships. And thanks to those like you, I know that’s unfortunately not coming anytime soon. I’m getting the feeling we might not even be on the right tracks either.

But no offense dsddcane... love U and Hightower and hope U both stick around!

GO CANES!
Josh

LOL! Hot sauce challenge sounds like a good time! Dunghole shots on the other hand...

But I didn’t mean that to come off as negative though. I just like Hightower as a player and I actually look forward to your posts (positive preferably, but the negative ones too as u tell it like it is).

I’m definitely not qualified to speak on football like you and many others on here are. I’m just a die hard Cane fan and want to see things back to when we were winning and competing for championships. And thanks to those like you, I know that’s unfortunately not coming anytime soon. I’m getting the feeling we might not even be on the right tracks either.

But no offense dsddcane... love U and Hightower and hope U both stick around!

GO CANES!
Josh
I apologize for snapping then. I dont mind when people take shots at me but I'm very protective of my nephew and he busts his *** for this team... thank u for appreciating that.

Rickety is the same demented guy who named the bartender and his barback as permanent co-DCs after Shanny left for Temple. Rickety was absolutely without question finished.

There were great options aside from a completely washed Rickety and Shanny Diaz. Running Rickety off was the right choice. This feeble replacement staff isn’t looking like a good choice.
Holy **** I forgot about the co-DC nonsense.

Advertisement
To me the issue with this team on both sides of the ball is scheme more so than personnel.

Particularly on Offense, I've felt we need to go to a Spread Offense since 2016 due to the fact we simply don't have the OL to run the scheme these play callers Miami keeps hiring wants us to run.

WE ARE NOT A POWER RUN UNDER CENTER "PRO STYLE" Offense. We don't have the OT's to protect long enough for 5-7 step Play Action drops & we don't have the the interior line to open up big holes & create sufficient run lanes.

We need to stop fighting against ourselves & transition to a Spread/Air Raid style offense, because 1) we have the Offensive weapons that fit that scheme perfectly & 2) it would neutralize having to always rely on the Defense to be more stout than they're capable of.

We should be beating teams off the fact we have speed & athleticism combined with making them defend the ENTIRE field. The exact same issues we had last year, we have this year, we're slow, predictable & easily shut down on Offense by any DC with half a brain because we don't apply any pressure to Defenses whatsoever, we play right into their hands.

In today's era of College Football you can manufacture yards without having elite talent all over the field, the name of the PACE & SPACE! When you don't have an elite OL with a bunch of maulers & road graders the one thing you don't do is put them in a position to lose by making them block longer than they should. In an uptempo offense the ball is moving quickly on both Pass & Run plays which makes it easier for the OL to sustain quicker blocking assignments & doesn't force them to deal with a pass rush they can't contain.

For whatever reason we keep getting these fckin play callers that think the way to solve our OL issues is to just let them get beat over & over again and then eventually they'll figure it out smfh. Jakai Clark, Zion Nelson, Donaldson & Scaife all looked like sh*t vs CMU, that to me speaks to the coaching staff not properly developing them & not teaching them correctly. It's un-fckin-believable that we haven't had an OL worth a **** in basically 5 years.

We play extremely slow as an offense with these long developing plays that get blown up in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. We play with no tempo at all, we should be going at breakneck speed & forcing teams to pick their poison in what they wanna sellout to Defend. PACE & SPACE, you can run the ball effectively out of the Spread while still having a lethal passing attack going with multiple 4-wide sets & when you pickup the pace of play going tempo you keep the Defense on their heels & off balanced.

Look at most of the top 30 teams in Total Offense, Oklahoma, Wash St, Arizona, LSU, Utah St, UCF, Bama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Ok St, Oh St, SMU, Baylor, Texas, Memphis & Boise St, what do they ALL have in common... SCHEME, TEMPO (PACE) & SPACING. The specific scheme may differ from each team in terms of verbiage & play calling, but the concepts are all similar & the overall philosophy is very much the same... ATTACK YOUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES WITH YOUR STRENGTHS & SPREAD THE DEFENSE OUT TO OPEN UP THE FIELD.

I've seen enough on this slow antiquated 1995 under center Offense, we're not Wisconsin, or BC, or Iowa, or Michigan State, we don't have the players to run this type of Offense that our OC's keep wanting to run here. We need to get with the times & Spread the got **** ball out & start utilizing our skill players better putting them in position to succeed.

The reason why we always have a bunch of talented under utilized players is because we get these dictator OC's that wanna run these old *** overly & unnecessarily complicated offenses that take 4 years to learn the playbook, while simultaneously never actually yielding any results. What fckin sense does it make to run the most complex offense ever that essentially neutralizes your own skill players & debilitates your OLine & can still be easily beaten by FCS D Coordinators & teams with less talent?

Back in November of last year I made a thread about the next HC candidates I think would do well here, the top guys were Josh Heupel, Mike Norvell, Dino Babers & Neal Brown. My reasoning was, they would bring their high powered offenses to Miami with the caliber of athletes we have which would immediately increase offensive productvity which would get us easy W's vs teams that we're more talented than, which would then also put us in position to go on a run making us a more viable team in the Coastal, which would then make us more attractive to recruits.

Manny was not on my list. I like Manny & am willing to give him time to get it right realizing full well he's not gettin fired in year 1; what my hope is is that Enos gets hired somewhere else after this season (no he's not going to Mich St as a HC, if anything he'll go be a OC for another team or possibly get hired by a MAC/Sun Belt team as a HC) & maybe we can finally get smart & hire a guy from the Oklahoma Air Raid/Spread tree to put us in position to stop playing down to competition.

Oh what a difference a Million Dollars makes! This young man is OK States new OC whom they paid $550K vs UM paying Enos paying $1.5 MM. He even talks about planning his offense to help out OK St's poor offensive line play for the last few years. I am hoping Coach Enos will start to produce a $1.5 Million type offense.

I thought enos (who I do believe in himself)is more iron fist with his staff. Hes not & it's a problem. None of them except fields could be here on their own. Far as the defense goes I've said what I've said all along. Bartender has far too much responsibility same for patke who atleast knows what hes talking about but is clueless for how to coach it(same as stubblefield on offense) stroud the kids love. I like him as a man but hes responsible for production at the end of the day & his unit is regressing horribly(which I also said would happen with the tackle play we have which also kills the secondary because QBs can just sit around). Far as baker goes I've said all along we'd have to see if that's a title being gave out & manny still calls the unit or if its baker. Well its Baker & somehow he has different principles for his calls(which manny still cosigns) so the pieces I've felt were built for strength need to step up and be the leaders they pretend to be. Until that happens & the line tightens up on both sides of the ball this is gonna be ugly.
Good ****. The next 2 games will tell us if Enos is a chess player, a checkers player or a piccolo player.

If Manolo ever got canned the dopey press and fans would of course have Cristoballs #1 (again) on the replacement list. Like I stated previously Rick stuck us with Manny for years it’s impossible to rid ourselves of this guy. This “Miami Guy” entitlement is laughable down here it never works out. Again this was Rick’s biggest mistake as corch. I can forgive him for the other things but I won’t forgive him for the Manny hire.

Next it will be Mario’s turn although I agree why would he ever want to come here?

Advertisement
I apologize for snapping then. I dont mind when people take shots at me but I'm very protective of my nephew and he busts his *** for this team... thank u for appreciating that.

No worries! Appreciate the reply and it's great to see your passion for your nephew! I hope he will still get the opportunity to do great things at the U.

GO CANES!
Josh

Did you not read where in parentheses I said, "Who'll remain nameless"??....

The "whom will remain nameless" part refers to the players you were speaking with, I'm asking about who the 4 assistants they mentioned are.
@Dwinstitles I was on the phone last night with 2 Former UM players (who'll remain nameless)...(and not @dsddcane ) who told me UM has 4 assistant coaches who have Absolutely No business coaching at UM....
I'll take their word over anybody on this site..(excluding @dsddcane) take it for what its worth.

Go Canes

This will get a laugh from a lot of you but..

I fully expect manny to be a lot more hands on going forward. I saw during the bcc game in the second quarter sweat start pouring down his face at the product that was being put on the field. I've said it before, he's let the staff do what they want because he wanted to see what they're made of.

Well he knows now, and it's not pretty at all.

He needs to tell baker to take a hike back to an on field analyst position, tell enos to get in an up tempo spread, and.. I don't even know what to say about the special teams.

Advertisement
i am not connected with the program as others are, but i'll take a shot.

1. Stubblefield
2. Patke
3. Banda
4. Barry

I think it's

1. patke
2. baker
3. banda
4. stubblefield

barry inherited an absolute mess with guys whose confidence has been smashed, ill give him a pass for at least a few more games.

baker - took the strength of this team and has it looking like a clown show
banda - rah rah guy that struggles in multiple things
stubs - just doesn't have the resume, WR's look okay I guess
patke - joke at everything he's done here

MARIO ain’t winning sht. Love the guy. He’s in a great spot. But let’s see what happens next year when that oline graduates and his qb is in the Nfl.
Let’s see if he can get that team back into the playoffs.
But the our Miami hurricanes looked a lot better in 2016 when we lost four games than they do this year.
I’ll let all you xo gurus tell me why cause I sure as **** don’t know the answer. It can’t be Kaaya cause there is a plethora of cis experts telling me how he sucked. It can’t be the oline we had in 2016 cause again the cis experts told me they sucked. It can’t be cmr cause he’s ancient. Can’t be Stacey, or the donk, or Brown, they all sucked according to cis gurus.
It can’t be the players we have now cause green tree and dade county, and noodles and 305 and Mallory kool aid. If we hired the wrong guy and have the wrong dudes with no bag network in place we are headed for a very dark place as a program.
Best 4 loss season in a long time. Spanked the mountaineers in the bowl and we thought were rolling. As jay-z said “things were all good just a week ago”

Advertisement
Back