It's all about the X's & O's...

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
To me the issue with this team on both sides of the ball is scheme more so than personnel.

Particularly on Offense, I've felt we need to go to a Spread Offense since 2016 due to the fact we simply don't have the OL to run the scheme these play callers Miami keeps hiring wants us to run.

WE ARE NOT A POWER RUN UNDER CENTER "PRO STYLE" Offense. We don't have the OT's to protect long enough for 5-7 step Play Action drops & we don't have the the interior line to open up big holes & create sufficient run lanes.

We need to stop fighting against ourselves & transition to a Spread/Air Raid style offense, because 1) we have the Offensive weapons that fit that scheme perfectly & 2) it would neutralize having to always rely on the Defense to be more stout than they're capable of.

We should be beating teams off the fact we have speed & athleticism combined with making them defend the ENTIRE field. The exact same issues we had last year, we have this year, we're slow, predictable & easily shut down on Offense by any DC with half a brain because we don't apply any pressure to Defenses whatsoever, we play right into their hands.

In today's era of College Football you can manufacture yards without having elite talent all over the field, the name of the PACE & SPACE! When you don't have an elite OL with a bunch of maulers & road graders the one thing you don't do is put them in a position to lose by making them block longer than they should. In an uptempo offense the ball is moving quickly on both Pass & Run plays which makes it easier for the OL to sustain quicker blocking assignments & doesn't force them to deal with a pass rush they can't contain.

For whatever reason we keep getting these fckin play callers that think the way to solve our OL issues is to just let them get beat over & over again and then eventually they'll figure it out smfh. Jakai Clark, Zion Nelson, Donaldson & Scaife all looked like sh*t vs CMU, that to me speaks to the coaching staff not properly developing them & not teaching them correctly. It's un-fckin-believable that we haven't had an OL worth a **** in basically 5 years.

We play extremely slow as an offense with these long developing plays that get blown up in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. We play with no tempo at all, we should be going at breakneck speed & forcing teams to pick their poison in what they wanna sellout to Defend. PACE & SPACE, you can run the ball effectively out of the Spread while still having a lethal passing attack going with multiple 4-wide sets & when you pickup the pace of play going tempo you keep the Defense on their heels & off balanced.

Look at most of the top 30 teams in Total Offense, Oklahoma, Wash St, Arizona, LSU, Utah St, UCF, Bama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Ok St, Oh St, SMU, Baylor, Texas, Memphis & Boise St, what do they ALL have in common... SCHEME, TEMPO (PACE) & SPACING. The specific scheme may differ from each team in terms of verbiage & play calling, but the concepts are all similar & the overall philosophy is very much the same... ATTACK YOUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES WITH YOUR STRENGTHS & SPREAD THE DEFENSE OUT TO OPEN UP THE FIELD.

I've seen enough on this slow antiquated 1995 under center Offense, we're not Wisconsin, or BC, or Iowa, or Michigan State, we don't have the players to run this type of Offense that our OC's keep wanting to run here. We need to get with the times & Spread the got **** ball out & start utilizing our skill players better putting them in position to succeed.

The reason why we always have a bunch of talented under utilized players is because we get these dictator OC's that wanna run these old *** overly & unnecessarily complicated offenses that take 4 years to learn the playbook, while simultaneously never actually yielding any results. What fckin sense does it make to run the most complex offense ever that essentially neutralizes your own skill players & debilitates your OLine & can still be easily beaten by FCS D Coordinators & teams with less talent?

Back in November of last year I made a thread about the next HC candidates I think would do well here, the top guys were Josh Heupel, Mike Norvell, Dino Babers & Neal Brown. My reasoning was, they would bring their high powered offenses to Miami with the caliber of athletes we have which would immediately increase offensive productvity which would get us easy W's vs teams that we're more talented than, which would then also put us in position to go on a run making us a more viable team in the Coastal, which would then make us more attractive to recruits.

Manny was not on my list. I like Manny & am willing to give him time to get it right realizing full well he's not gettin fired in year 1; what my hope is is that Enos gets hired somewhere else after this season (no he's not going to Mich St as a HC, if anything he'll go be a OC for another team or possibly get hired by a MAC/Sun Belt team as a HC) & maybe we can finally get smart & hire a guy from the Oklahoma Air Raid/Spread tree to put us in position to stop playing down to competition.

Advertisement
Well put. It’s time for the coaches to scheme to the talent rather than force the recruited talent to go thins to which they are not best suited.

Reminds me of when Coker and Chud were determined to make Berlin play under center when literally 99% of his positive plays were out of the shotgun.

I don't think it even has to be a air raid system. I had my hopes up when the fedora rumors were out there. I liked the spread he ran at unc because it was up-tempo but it was still balanced. He ran the ball and used the TEs when they had them.

I think his offense would have been perfect here and he has had some disciples that have went on and had good offenses.

Advertisement
Makes too much sense to go to a spread offense. Instead we have freshman tackles out there going against srs and want them to hold ground for 7 secs. I truly hope Enos will start to go more shotgun and spread with the ball getting out of williams hand quickly. Hopefully Diaz has seen enough of this crappy offense and hold Enos and Berry accountable for this crap and demands for change. But nothing will change if we don't do something to help out the tackles.

Nice breakdown. Right now what Enos is running is not helping the team. I am going to wait til the end of the season to fully evaluate the year but as of today, we are in for a rocky ACC slate coming up. Hopefully these 2 weeks, he can really evaluate what is and what is not working. That is plenty of time to throw some of his playbook in the dumpster and focus more on spread concepts.

To me the issue with this team on both sides of the ball is scheme more so than personnel.

Particularly on Offense, I've felt we need to go to a Spread Offense since 2016 due to the fact we simply don't have the OL to run the scheme these play callers Miami keeps hiring wants us to run.

WE ARE NOT A POWER RUN UNDER CENTER "PRO STYLE" Offense. We don't have the OT's to protect long enough for 5-7 step Play Action drops & we don't have the the interior line to open up big holes & create sufficient run lanes.

We need to stop fighting against ourselves & transition to a Spread/Air Raid style offense, because 1) we have the Offensive weapons that fit that scheme perfectly & 2) it would neutralize having to always rely on the Defense to be more stout than they're capable of.

We should be beating teams off the fact we have speed & athleticism combined with making them defend the ENTIRE field. The exact same issues we had last year, we have this year, we're slow, predictable & easily shut down on Offense by any DC with half a brain because we don't apply any pressure to Defenses whatsoever, we play right into their hands.

In today's era of College Football you can manufacture yards without having elite talent all over the field, the name of the PACE & SPACE! When you don't have an elite OL with a bunch of maulers & road graders the one thing you don't do is put them in a position to lose by making them block longer than they should. In an uptempo offense the ball is moving quickly on both Pass & Run plays which makes it easier for the OL to sustain quicker blocking assignments & doesn't force them to deal with a pass rush they can't contain.

For whatever reason we keep getting these fckin play callers that think the way to solve our OL issues is to just let them get beat over & over again and then eventually they'll figure it out smfh. Jakai Clark, Zion Nelson, Donaldson & Scaife all looked like sh*t vs CMU, that to me speaks to the coaching staff not properly developing them & not teaching them correctly. It's un-fckin-believable that we haven't had an OL worth a **** in basically 5 years.

We play extremely slow as an offense with these long developing plays that get blown up in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. We play with no tempo at all, we should be going at breakneck speed & forcing teams to pick their poison in what they wanna sellout to Defend. PACE & SPACE, you can run the ball effectively out of the Spread while still having a lethal passing attack going with multiple 4-wide sets & when you pickup the pace of play going tempo you keep the Defense on their heels & off balanced.

Look at most of the top 30 teams in Total Offense, Oklahoma, Wash St, Arizona, LSU, Utah St, UCF, Bama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Ok St, Oh St, SMU, Baylor, Texas, Memphis & Boise St, what do they ALL have in common... SCHEME, TEMPO (PACE) & SPACING. The specific scheme may differ from each team in terms of verbiage & play calling, but the concepts are all similar & the overall philosophy is very much the same... ATTACK YOUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES WITH YOUR STRENGTHS & SPREAD THE DEFENSE OUT TO OPEN UP THE FIELD.

I've seen enough on this slow antiquated 1995 under center Offense, we're not Wisconsin, or BC, or Iowa, or Michigan State, we don't have the players to run this type of Offense that our OC's keep wanting to run here. We need to get with the times & Spread the got **** ball out & start utilizing our skill players better putting them in position to succeed.

The reason why we always have a bunch of talented under utilized players is because we get these dictator OC's that wanna run these old *** overly & unnecessarily complicated offenses that take 4 years to learn the playbook, while simultaneously never actually yielding any results. What fckin sense does it make to run the most complex offense ever that essentially neutralizes your own skill players & debilitates your OLine & can still be easily beaten by FCS D Coordinators & teams with less talent?

Back in November of last year I made a thread about the next HC candidates I think would do well here, the top guys were Josh Heupel, Mike Norvell, Dino Babers & Neal Brown. My reasoning was, they would bring their high powered offenses to Miami with the caliber of athletes we have which would immediately increase offensive productvity which would get us easy W's vs teams that we're more talented than, which would then also put us in position to go on a run making us a more viable team in the Coastal, which would then make us more attractive to recruits.

Manny was not on my list. I like Manny & am willing to give him time to get it right realizing full well he's not gettin fired in year 1; what my hope is is that Enos gets hired somewhere else after this season (no he's not going to Mich St as a HC, if anything he'll go be a OC for another team or possibly get hired by a MAC/Sun Belt team as a HC) & maybe we can finally get smart & hire a guy from the Oklahoma Air Raid/Spread tree to put us in position to stop playing down to competition.

Yeah. We should be running what FSU is running. That would solve all our problems.

Working out great for them!

Advertisement
Agree with what you’re saying but there’s something more going on imo.

Just posted this on the culture thread:

Its not just scheme. It’s an inability to make the big play at the biggest moments. There have been more than enough of those this season alone for us to be 4-0.

Advertisement

SAD thing is Manny knows this and he has said this prior to hiring an OC and we essentially have Mark Richt with motion. Man so we ever take a long time in between plays, no tempo what so ever

Many have been saying this for years. Coaches like Mike Gundy or Dana Holgerson would kill it here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back