It looks like it’s over for CFB in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this and got some negs -

By folks with the necessary personality that would get in line to calmly walk to the German ovens.

"Just do what you're told, believe what you're told, repeat what you're told."

And we wonder why this country is on a downhill slide.
True...

Advertisement
I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’m simply reporting what I saw. But is it really absurd? Really? There is so much liability. There are 1 million attorneys that would be chomping at the bit to Sue University shut the NCAA over an athlete getting sick with COVID-19 and dying or suffering serious side effects from the disease.
From an attorney’s standpoint, it is virtually impossible (without contact tracing) to know precisely where and when a person contracted the virus. I think the fear of liability is overblown and is merely an excuse to make a decision.
Example; student says I contracted the virus in a classroom. Defense says, did you go to any restaurants, dorm rooms, apartments, or social gatherings in the past 2 weeks? Of course the student did. So how does one prove the virus was contracted in the classrooom and not the restaurant, dorm room or apartment? They can’t.
The exception to me is an enclosed environment like a cruise ship. But outside of that extreme example the liability fears are grossly overblown. IMO

So we know the problems. What is the solution for Covid? You postpone it to spring? Is Covid going away in the spring? Or next fall? Or ever?

We don’t know. So what’s the solution to how life moves forward for humans. I’m not getting into the politics of the virus....

I just like to brainstorm on answers and solutions to problem.

Solution: stop acting like pussies

Advertisement
This goes beyond stupid.

In other nations - not the US - someone gets CV-19 - and they get Hydroxychloroquine. End of week? Gone. No side effects.

Those other studies that said different? Foreign, and false. Fauci was head of NIH when they did a study that showed HCQ was very effective in stopping Covid. Not 19 - **** - what we call "common colds" are partially Covid variations.

The US? Fauci and others can't make any money off HCQ. It's cheap. It's safe. It works. They want that $900 a day patented treatment. Hospitals get an extra $35,000 extra for CV patients. Guess what? Almost everyone walking in the door - is a CV patient - whether they are or not!

If you are elderly and have 2.5 co-morbidity conditions - and any one of them can drop you dead any minute - YES - you may catch CV-19 and die. Or just catch pneumonia. The flu. Or something else develops to push you over the top. But it's NOT the CV-19 really doing the killing of these folks.

Get a sackfull of HCQ - and let's get on with life!

A lot of people are going to feel mighty stupid very soon for falling for a lot of this crap.
What are you talking about? That doesn’t work. It has been debunked by every single health agency in the world.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’m simply reporting what I saw. But is it really absurd? Really? There is so much liability. There are 1 million attorneys that would be chomping at the bit to Sue University shut the NCAA over an athlete getting sick with COVID-19 and dying or suffering serious side effects from the disease.
sign a waiver

Advertisement
Yep.
One of the only true statements on this thread.
Top Hat Hello GIF

I believe some people don't want any human interaction until a vaccine is out that is required by 100% of the population. Might as well cancel everything for 2021 as well.

No sports, no school no bars etc...

Yeah and let me guess what would help the economy, massive corporate tax breaks?

there’s plenty of safeguards in place to protect against frivolous lawsuits, but let’s not let facts get in the way of the right wing corporate attorney mantra that has been going strong since the 1980s.

tort reform does one thing very well, protects a reckless or malicious defendant from having to pay appropriately for damages.

Football not happening in the fall would be mainly so the big state schools could have a chance at more fans in the stands in the spring. If we are still at the same point, they haven’t lost anything. If things are better, they get to bring in a ton more revenue.

The liability aspect of schools and college football is silly. There’s no more liability towards a football player than a sophomore history major. Everyone is given a choice what they want to do, there’s no forced attendance or forced playing football.

The AD at Ohio St has been chirping about spring ball since April, always referencing how important it is to have their stadium packed. Guess which conference went to conference only first and is about to say no fall football first? This is about $$$$$, not health or lawsuit liability.
Lol you’ve obviously never run a business. There are not adequate safeguards against frivolous lawsuits, ask all the ambulance chaser making 7 figures. And btw the consumer pays higher prices because of it. As do small business. It’s extortion in some cases. NO ONE thinks business should be able to do as they please. But large business can afford to fend off small nuisance whereas small business and non profits and universities it’s much more difficult. Additionally this leaves room to sue if the place is negligent, so serious lawsuits can proceed

Advertisement
Yeah and let me guess what would help the economy, massive corporate tax breaks?

there’s plenty of safeguards in place to protect against frivolous lawsuits, but let’s not let facts get in the way of the right wing corporate attorney mantra that has been going strong since the 1980s.

tort reform does one thing very well, protects a reckless or malicious defendant from having to pay appropriately for damages.

Football not happening in the fall would be mainly so the big state schools could have a chance at more fans in the stands in the spring. If we are still at the same point, they haven’t lost anything. If things are better, they get to bring in a ton more revenue.

The liability aspect of schools and college football is silly. There’s no more liability towards a football player than a sophomore history major. Everyone is given a choice what they want to do, there’s no forced attendance or forced playing football.

The AD at Ohio St has been chirping about spring ball since April, always referencing how important it is to have their stadium packed. Guess which conference went to conference only first and is about to say no fall football first? This is about $$$$$, not health or lawsuit liability.
I’m not in favor of massive tax cuts or whatever you think. Actually I’m pretty progressive on lots of issues but I’ve also been involved in small business my whole life and I see certain blindspots among progs. No single partisan has all the right answers

Advertisement
If this is true and it’s inevitable that it’s going to be canceled, call off practice. No point in risking injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back