It looks like it’s over for CFB in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’m simply reporting what I saw. But is it really absurd? Really? There is so much liability. There are 1 million attorneys that would be chomping at the bit to Sue University shut the NCAA over an athlete getting sick with COVID-19 and dying or suffering serious side effects from the disease.
So, we should lock up all the lawyers for a couple years? I mean, quarantine...

Advertisement
So we know the problems. What is the solution for Covid? You postpone it to spring? Is Covid going away in the spring? Or next fall? Or ever?

We don’t know. So what’s the solution to how life moves forward for humans. I’m not getting into the politics of the virus....

I just like to brainstorm on answers and solutions to problem.

I don’t get why these schools don’t just have the players who want to play sign liability waivers saying they can’t sue should anything go down. If kids won’t sign, they don’t play and risk losing their starting spots/draft positions potentially.

I don’t get why these schools don’t just have the players who want to play sign liability waivers saying they can’t sue should anything go down. If kids won’t sign, they don’t play and risk losing their starting spots/draft positions potentially.
Liability waivers are not always legal and oftentimes get struck down anyway. Plus the universities and NCAA wouldn’t do it as it would make horrible PR and campus would revolt.

Advertisement
Putting things in perspective again? Where’s the fun in that?
My bad.
tenor-23.gif

America played sports thru the Spanish Influenza of 1918 that killed 25 million globally. We played during world war 2 - all 5 years. And we are canceling for this. Unreal
WWII had zero to do with an infectious epidemic in the USA. If there were all the televised news and social media that exist today present back in 1918, sports woulda been cancelled back then too.

Advertisement
A delay is more likely that outright cancellation. Have it in the spring.
Things will likely be no better next Spring. Maybe Spring 2022. I mean less than half the people say they would get the vaccination shot if it was offered! It infringes on their freedom to say "no" to the government/scientists/doctors, which apparently makes them feel good.

I still dont see it getting cancelled.

The idea that colleges who make over 135 million in revenue just from football will forfeit this money is too absurd for me to believe.

well, I don’t think they would cancel - they would postpone until the spring. Jmo

This goes beyond stupid.

In other nations - not the US - someone gets CV-19 - and they get Hydroxychloroquine. End of week? Gone. No side effects.

Those other studies that said different? Foreign, and false. Fauci was head of NIH when they did a study that showed HCQ was very effective in stopping Covid. Not 19 - **** - what we call "common colds" are partially Covid variations.

The US? Fauci and others can't make any money off HCQ. It's cheap. It's safe. It works. They want that $900 a day patented treatment. Hospitals get an extra $35,000 extra for CV patients. Guess what? Almost everyone walking in the door - is a CV patient - whether they are or not!

If you are elderly and have 2.5 co-morbidity conditions - and any one of them can drop you dead any minute - YES - you may catch CV-19 and die. Or just catch pneumonia. The flu. Or something else develops to push you over the top. But it's NOT the CV-19 really doing the killing of these folks.

Get a sackfull of HCQ - and let's get on with life!

A lot of people are going to feel mighty stupid very soon for falling for a lot of this crap.

Advertisement
This is what changes it. Tort reform.
I get all this and I figure you are in the legal field? So, if we get immunity in the next relief bill do you think that gives us change on athletics?

Liability waivers are not always legal and oftentimes get struck down anyway. Plus the universities and NCAA wouldn’t do it as it would make horrible PR and campus would revolt.
If you had a signed document between two parties of legal age with a notary stamp it would be 100% legal as long as it is clearly worded what they are doing you would think. I feel like if anything, this would be the best case for the NCAA and the schools. They’re not forcing people to play and looking like bad guys caring more about the money than the kids but if they DO want to play then they know the risks they’re taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back