It Doesn’t Have To Be Close

Advertisement
Manny could be coaching the 1990’s Dallas Cowboys and find a way to lose to the 2021 FSU team. Dude is the king of underperforming

That's like saying Larry Coker and Randy Shannon would lose with the 2001 Canes. Lets be real. Even Ed Oregeron won with the 2019 LSU team lmao

Based on what we've seen from the D they'll score between 24-28, if we don't turn it over and catch the ball we score 38-45.
FSU will come out fast and if we give them something to believe in, it'll be a long afternoon.

Advertisement
We will know everything we need to know in the first 10 minutes. If we come out flat ( highly likely ) could be a really frustrating day. We are all they have left for victories moral or otherwise. I would LOVE to see the doak smoker empty after the half but we will see.

Based on what we've seen from the D they'll score between 24-28, if we don't turn it over and catch the ball we score 38-45.
FSU will come out fast and if we give them something to believe in, it'll be a long afternoon.
Score early and often.

Weve been doing it since he’s been here, we always underachieve or show up flat. Every metric you can find says Manny sucks as a HC. Showing up flat or unprepared on bye weeks is one of the biggest tells. That’s how you tell the good / great coaches from the rest.

Using random data like last weeks games is useless when there’s a long history of Mannys teams doing this. GT was just another example. There’s a reason I knew we’d have a close game or lose, it’s not that I’m smart, I just know who our coach is.
Save all that you’re saying. What was my response in reference too?

Advertisement
That's like saying Larry Coker and Randy Shannon would lose with the 2001 Canes. Lets be real. Even Ed Oregeron won with the 2019 LSU team lmao
Miami lost to FIU…. The FIU team that has won like two games in 2.5 years

Weve been doing it since he’s been here, we always underachieve or show up flat. Every metric you can find says Manny sucks as a HC. Showing up flat or unprepared on bye weeks is one of the biggest tells. That’s how you tell the good / great coaches from the rest.

Using random data like last weeks games is useless when there’s a long history of Mannys teams doing this. GT was just another example. There’s a reason I knew we’d have a close game or lose, it’s not that I’m smart, I just know who our coach is.
You said it in your score prediction and I said something similar... I think I predicted 38-34 and said "closer than it should be".

It's just too predictable at this point. We played eight 1-score games in 2019 (went 3-5) and played 2 complete games that year - FSU and Louisville back to back weeks, we played four 1-score games in 2020 (went 3-1), we blew out Duke and FSU and got blown out against UNC and Clemson, and now this year we've played six 1-score games (4-2) and got blown out twice. In 3 years we're 10-8 in 1 score games under Manny. It's balancing out very close to 50/50 W/L - what you would expect. Goes to show there's probably another loss on the schedule in the next 3 games.

We blow out terrible teams, get blown out by good teams, and play everyone else close regardless of the talent gap. That's just who Manny is. All signs of a poorly coached team - especially when you play down to the competition (unless it's FSU or Duke) but never up to the competition of a team like Clemson, UNC, Alabama, and Michigan State. Good enough sample size too.

You said it in your score prediction and I said something similar... I think I predicted 38-34 and said "closer than it should be".

It's just too predictable at this point. We played eight 1-score games in 2019 (went 3-5) and played 2 complete games that year - FSU and Louisville back to back weeks, we played four 1-score games in 2020 (went 3-1), we blew out Duke and FSU and got blown out against UNC and Clemson, and now this year we've played six 1-score games (4-2) and got blown out twice. In 3 years we're 10-8 in 1 score games under Manny. It's balancing out very close to 50/50 W/L - what you would expect. Goes to show there's probably another loss on the schedule in the next 3 games.

We blow out terrible teams, get blown out by good teams, and play everyone else close regardless of the talent gap. That's just who Manny is. All signs of a poorly coached team - especially when you play down to the competition (unless it's FSU or Duke) but never up to the competition of a team like Clemson, UNC, Alabama, and Michigan State. Good enough sample size too.
It’s a blind cult. Some of these cats are in denial or think they’re being some super fans by living in dream land.

The people like you , myself , @Liberty City El , @Poopscoop and @gogeta4 say the same things. Do you think we want to know our coach sucks? Or we’re a badly coached team that’s mediocre? Win or lose nothing has changed minus TVD playing like he’s a god. Yet we still lose or about lose. He’s covering up all the same flaws that are staring us in the face. Mannys defense is ranked horribly in **** near every category. That’s not by luck.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s a blind cult. Some if these cats are in denial or think they’re being some super fan by living in dream land.

The people like you , myself , @Liberty City El , @Poopscoop and @gogeta4 say the same things. Do you think we want to know our coach sucks? Or we’re a badly coached team that’s mediocre? Win or lose nothing has changed minus TVD playing like he’s a god. Yet we still lose or about lose. He’s covering up all the same flaws that are staring us in the face. Mannys defense is rank horribly in **** near every category. That’s not by luck.
Yep. Was gonna say.. let TVD have an average game and see what the score is.

Luckily for Manny all 3 teams left suck on offense so he may get bailed out. An average TVD against FSU or VT likely results in an L if they have a pulse on offense.

This all shows that the win-loss means little when you get over 6 wins. What really matters is how well you do against good teams. Look at us last year. We had a rejuvenated offense with King and great expectations, but Clemson showed us how far we still had to go.

Advertisement
Sam Howell ain't a true dual threat, but he did a lot with his legs to save UNC's offense against us. Problem with that, is that FSU can't pass the ball like Howell.
Oh for sure I think he was a good example of how we can get beaten in different ways

Our tackling against him was embarrassing

It’s a blind cult. Some of these cats are in denial or think they’re being some super fans by living in dream land.

The people like you , myself , @Liberty City El , @Poopscoop and @gogeta4 say the same things. Do you think we want to know our coach sucks? Or we’re a badly coached team that’s mediocre? Win or lose nothing has changed minus TVD playing like he’s a god. Yet we still lose or about lose. He’s covering up all the same flaws that are staring us in the face. Mannys defense is ranked horribly in **** near every category. That’s not by luck.
Lmao

Advertisement
Back