It Doesn’t Have To Be Close

Advertisement
Miami is -3 against Nolies, Vegas odds. Manolo preaches close games...talks about it all the time. It's his internal psychoses way to justify every game being close.

Tell that to Clemson during their run. They were whooping every team in the conference. ACC games dont gotta be "battles" or "close". Just dont let the fvck up. Manny and Lashlee always seem to let up on the gas pedal. GT and Pitt could have been blowouts. FSU can easily be a three score win.
Bruh they had like 3-4 close games with ACC trash every year

Advertisement
We're a mediocre team. Not sure what any of you have been watching to suggest we “should” blow them out. If we follow trends, we do enough dumb stuff to keep them in it, whether it’s a blown assignment, bad play calling, turnovers, penalties, etc. Every week we find something new.

IF-big if-we could avoid that stuff for once, we might have a comfortable victory.

They’re going to run the ball on us and move the ball. The De will also be a handful. This will be a dogfight that could go either way. It shouldn’t but it likely will.

I agree. But whatever the outcome may be, I think it could help us enormously to take this mentality into the game.

Advertisement
To be clear, I was fired up in the initial post. I know what we are and wouldn’t bet $5 on us blowing anyone out. But in any case, I’m talking about a mindset. However good or bad we are, it couldn’t hurt to go in with an edge. Believing from the top down (or at least pretending to believe) that we can walk somebody I think is much better—especially in a rivalry week against a relatively weak FSU team—than thinking all week it inevitably has to be a close, tight, dogfight.

To be clear, I was fired up in the initial post. I know what we are and wouldn’t bet $5 on us blowing anyone out. But in any case, I’m talking about a mindset. However good or bad we are, it couldn’t hurt to go in with an edge. Believing from the top down (or at least pretending to believe) that we can walk somebody I think is much better—especially in a rivalry week against a relatively weak FSU team—than thinking all week it inevitably has to be a close, tight, dogfight.
I have thought before every ACC game this season we should win going away. Will never trust No D Mannys defense enough to say we will.

Advertisement
I want silence and boos.
I want the only tomahawk chops in the second half to come from that stupid *** band.
I want cane fans drunk and talking sht all game. I want a social media parade of tears to bath in all **** week.

Is that too much to ask for?

We're a mediocre team. Not sure what any of you have been watching to suggest we “should” blow them out. If we follow trends, we do enough dumb stuff to keep them in it, whether it’s a blown assignment, bad play calling, turnovers, penalties, etc. Every week we find something new.

IF-big if-we could avoid that stuff for once, we might have a comfortable victory.
People were saying we were going to blow out GT. This team does not give me the warm and fuzzy at all. Same ish, every week from Diaz coached teams.

Advertisement
Honestly, this game shouldn't be close. FSU has no passing game, has no big play ability on offense and is just as bad on defense minus a couple of players. But you know, with Mannequin spearheading this team, it may just be another nail biter.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

For just one week, Manny/staff needs to let the team believe they can kick someone’s ***.

Doesn’t matter where you stand on Manny, or Blake, or whatever. It’s FSU week. We need to beat that ***, and beat them badly. End of story. If there’s one thing we should all be on the same page about, it’s punishing little brother on Saturday.

To that end, for any number of reasons, Manny obviously continues to spew the narrative about conference games being close. It’s just how the ACC is, he says. You see it week in and week out, he repeats.

Here’s the thing, I don’t care if the stats bear that narrative out league wide or not. Obviously our games have been close. I’m here to say IDGAF. FSU sucks. No matter what you think of our team, right now I think we should beat their asses. And like everything else, it starts at the top. So get it in their heads now: the game doesn’t have to be close. We can smash them.

I’m pretty sure recently during FSU week, maybe last year, I remember someone saying Manny delivered this very message to the team, maybe he or a player said it in post-game interviews or something. Some of you will remember. But it was pretty much what I’m talking about here. He told the team beforehand it doesn’t have to be close. I remember hearing that and thinking yessss man, finally, after all that “ACC games are always a battle” talk, someone remembered it’s okay to kick a team’s *** from time to time.

So that’s where I’m at. **** FSU. They are dog ****. And while we’re not the best team I’ve ever seen, I have no doubt that on a decent day we should beat that ***. Doesn’t even have to be a great day for us, just a good day.

I can’t stand these guys.

Sweep the **** leg!
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

“This shouldn’t be close”

That phrase haunts this team and this coaching staff. I always say we never act like a playoff team. And all I want this weekend is to act like a legit top15-20 team and this game is over early.
Top 15-20 teams don’t get games over early.

Advertisement
Back