It Doesn’t Have To Be Close

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, this game shouldn't be close. FSU has no passing game, has no big play ability on offense and is just as bad on defense minus a couple of players. But you know, with Mannequin spearheading this team, it may just be another nail biter.
Sounds like GT but slightly better athletically

I’m aware

You have been watching us this year on D right?
Have you watched FSU?..Jeff Sims was the best QB left on our schedule..GA tech was the best O left..I don’t think anyone from FSU is a better threat offensively than Gibbs/mason and sims, we held that in check for the most part..but we’ll see. I honestly see Miami playing it’s best game.

Advertisement
One game. We do it every week. I said consistently. We consistently play down to the competition and consistently play tight against teams that have lesser talent than we do
That happens all across the NCAA. Michigan State just lost to Purdue. Miami currently can’t “play down” to the competition. We haven’t done ****. You obviously don’t watch college football. Agree to disagree.

Just from last week either loss or was in a close game with an “inferior” opponent. It’s ok not to use hyperbole.

- Alabama
- Iowa
- Minnesota
- Ohio State
- Baylor
- Kentucky
- Wake Forest
- Fresno State
- Oregon

Last edited:
That happens all across the NCAA. Michigan State just lost to Purdue. Miami currently can’t “play down” to the competition. We haven’t done ****. You obviously don’t watch college football. Agree to disagree.

Just from last week either loss or was in a close game with an “inferior” opponent. It’s ok not to use hyperbole.

- Alabama
- Iowa
- Minnesota
- Ohio State
- Baylor
- Kentucky
- Wake Forest
- Fresno State
- Oregon
I said we do it consistently.
Obvious every weak there are good teams that have close games.
Our 2001 team had a close game.

Advertisement
For just one week, Manny/staff needs to let the team believe they can kick someone’s ***.

Doesn’t matter where you stand on Manny, or Blake, or whatever. It’s FSU week. We need to beat that ***, and beat them badly. End of story. If there’s one thing we should all be on the same page about, it’s punishing little brother on Saturday.

To that end, for any number of reasons, Manny obviously continues to spew the narrative about conference games being close. It’s just how the ACC is, he says. You see it week in and week out, he repeats.

Here’s the thing, I don’t care if the stats bear that narrative out league wide or not. Obviously our games have been close. I’m here to say IDGAF. FSU sucks. No matter what you think of our team, right now I think we should beat their asses. And like everything else, it starts at the top. So get it in their heads now: the game doesn’t have to be close. We can smash them.

I’m pretty sure recently during FSU week, maybe last year, I remember someone saying Manny delivered this very message to the team, maybe he or a player said it in post-game interviews or something. Some of you will remember. But it was pretty much what I’m talking about here. He told the team beforehand it doesn’t have to be close. I remember hearing that and thinking yessss man, finally, after all that “ACC games are always a battle” talk, someone remembered it’s okay to kick a team’s *** from time to time.

So that’s where I’m at. **** FSU. They are dog ****. And while we’re not the best team I’ve ever seen, I have no doubt that on a decent day we should beat that ***. Doesn’t even have to be a great day for us, just a good day.

I can’t stand these guys.

Sweep the **** leg!
That comment about close games isn’t a mentality, it’s just what you say when your games are close. It’s what every coach says when their games are close, because they want their team to remain confident. They don’t want their team spending the week wondering why they weren’t good enough to stomp out that last opponent.

Is it possible that Manny and every other failed coach we’ve had wanted to win? Maybe it’s not mentality or desire, but ability. I just think it’s stupid when fans complain that if the coach was an “alpha” the team would win. Manny doesn’t need a more aggressive personality, he needs to be a better coach.

This is one game I’m not actually concerned about. FSU has a one dimensional offense and Travis doesn’t have a vertical game. We should be able to score a ton on them. Defense will need to show up and generate a good about of TFL’s to throw them off schedule. Overall though, FSU is the worst P5 team we’re going to have played up to this point.

The only things that give me any concern is our defensive line against their run attack and their defensive line against our passing game.

Advertisement
Would love to see a blow out but will take any win with No D Manny. This team is right now one of those teams between about 7 and 40 that can win or lose any week to just about anybody. Our offense makes us dangerous and defense keeps us from being elite at the present time. I will just enjoy watching the offense and try to resist cringing when on defense the rest of the season.

They’re going to run the ball on us and move the ball. The De will also be a handful. This will be a dogfight that could go either way. It shouldn’t but it likely will.
Manny could be coaching the 1990’s Dallas Cowboys and find a way to lose to the 2021 FSU team. Dude is the king of underperforming

- Alabama
- Iowa
- Minnesota
- Ohio State
- Baylor
- Kentucky
- Wake Forest
- Fresno State
- Oregon
Weve been doing it since he’s been here, we always underachieve or show up flat. Every metric you can find says Manny sucks as a HC. Showing up flat or unprepared on bye weeks is one of the biggest tells. That’s how you tell the good / great coaches from the rest.

Using random data like last weeks games is useless when there’s a long history of Mannys teams doing this. GT was just another example. There’s a reason I knew we’d have a close game or lose, it’s not that I’m smart, I just know who our coach is.

Advertisement
Back