It’s over

Lol. So these cloth masks being worn are now highly designed and efficient at suppressing outgoing droplets, but fail at suppressing incoming droplets.

Who knew!

Liberals and their logic. Truly astounding.
@RVA Cane

tenor (3).gif

Advertisement
Why do you think they turned their back on $800 million in revenue and cancelled football?
Fear! Plain and simple. They acted far too hastily and cancelling as early as they did benefitted nobody. They look like idiots and are losing the PR war and nothing is going to change that. I don’t think football games will be played either, but even if the P3 cancel eventually, the BIG 10 still loses the PR war. If even 1 game gets played, the BIG 10 loses even bigger. There literally is no scenario where the BIG 10 comes out looking good in all this.

Look I am not against playing, you are great at speaking for others. The PLAYERS will not cause the season to be cancelled, STUDENTS returning to campus will in my opinion. I am not advocating for the season to be cancelled, I just can’t see a path to playing and for your information that is a huge difference. Again the players are sadly the victims and No matter what happens this will be a tipping point in leveling the playing field for the kids, it’s been out of wack for years.
You keep getting defensive instead of answering my simple questions. I'm trying to have a discussion with you on this topic.

I'll try again and then move on and assume you're yet another "cancel football" guy who doesn't have an answer for this simple question: If we accept your premise that the Lil 10 canceled football as a safety measure for players, how does canceling football make a football player's life safer if the primary danger is other students infecting them and them getting infected in off campus social settings?

Advertisement
RVA, I saw you getting a weak stomach in your Reply Ban thread. Don't get soft on me now, dude! Don't do it!

The only way you're going to clean these boards up is with a bright line rule like that with zero room for interpretation. Draw your line in the sand, and don't listen to the bytches crying to you in PMs. They know what they're doing.

It's a simple rule. Follow it, or get greased. Zero tolerance, bro. I'm going to keep pointing out the violators, too, right out here in the open.

This is from a Baga player. Greek Bid Day at Baga today. I think we always knew this was going to be the case on college campuses (x1000 in the SEC) but any notion of a pseudo bubble for football players is a farce wrapped in a comedy. If we're gonna play this season we're just gonna have to hope that somehow the ACC is willing to take the p-r hit on outbreaks and keep chugging like the NFL intends to do.

Screenshot_20200816-163352_Twitter.jpg

yep that’s why the Indians sent a starting pitcher home in a rental car because he left the hotel to have dinner with friends after throwing a shutout in Chicago. I love when people disagree with others they automatically have an agenda, that tells me all I need to know! Carry on.
Honestly, and you know this, they can’t control what grown *** millionaire young men do after hours in professional baseball...and that’s why you have a few positive cases. So to say the have professional baseball in a prison and they still get it, is pure nonsense. It’s as far as you can get from a reasonable and honest discussion point.

Hence, why I say you have a little-10 agenda. You want to protect their premature and foolish decision at all costs.

Nobody is saying football still can’t be canceled, but what I am particularly critical about, as I think most posters are, is that the little-ten made this decision way before they needed to.

There’s literally nothing wrong with kicking the can down the road, if when you make that decision in the future you will be privy to much more information than you currently have. But apparently you think they can do no wrong.

So please, don’t insult my intelligence by saying you have no agenda. It is clear you do. You want to defend their nonsensically premature decision at all costs, even when presented with information to the contrary.

RVA, I saw you getting a weak stomach in your Reply Ban thread. Don't get soft on me now, dude! Don't do it!

The only way you're going to clean these boards up is with a bright line rule like that with zero room for interpretation. Draw your line in the sand, and don't listen to the bytches crying to you in PMs. They know what they're doing.

It's a simple rule. Follow it, or get greased. Zero tolerance, bro. I'm going to keep pointing out the violators, too, right out here in the open.
There’s a part of me that would like the House of Androol to set some boundaries and parameters to keep it reasonable but in reality - I know that won’t work here. A big enough portion of this board has no ability to maintain proper boundaries. Give em an inch and it’s over. They only understand force. We must me force with force - overwhelming force.

Advertisement
What is this about baseball guys in prison? I’m very life-long close with a major baseball agent. I’ll find out really quickly.
No, what I was responding to is he is saying that they basically have baseball players in a prison bubble and they are still getting Covid. My response being that that’s so far from the truth, young professional millionaires do whatever the fūck they want after hours. They are NOT in a prison bubble...far from it.

Also, just wanted to add, I know for a fact with the Marlins players were doing a few weeks ago, for a fact I know. And they were in no after hour bubble, I can tell you.

No, what I was responding to is he is saying that they basically have baseball players in a prison bubble and they are still getting Covid. My response being that that’s so far from the truth, young professional millionaires do whatever the fūck they want after hours. They are NOT in a prison bubble...far from it.
Someone say "baseball guys in prison"? Ohhhh, it's true.

Apologies for the semi non-sequitur joke but this one did surprise me. Hadn't heard anything about this dude in years and for guys of a certain age he was a super hyped up prospect/young player.

Someone say "baseball guys in prison"? Ohhhh, it's true.

Apologies for the semi non-sequitur joke but this one did surprise me. Hadn't heard anything about this dude in years and for guys of a certain age he was a super hyped up prospect/young player.

remember the name, I don’t remember the jail bid

Advertisement
There’s a part of me that would like the House of Androol to set some boundaries and parameters to keep it reasonable but in reality - I know that won’t work here. A big enough portion of this board has no ability to maintain proper boundaries. Give em an inch and it’s over. They only understand force. We must me force with force - overwhelming force.
It’s either a zero tolerance brightline rule, or leave it alone and let it be a free for all. There’s no room for loose boundaries because they get pushed too far and the nonsense flows.

Walk tall, Sheriff Pusser!

Also, just wanted to add, I know for a fact with the Marlins players were doing a few weeks ago, for a fact I know. And they were in no after hour bubble, I can tell you.
One of the guy’s players - I was referring to - came back from the DR with a relative and they both have it.

It’s either a zero tolerance brightline rule, or leave it alone and let it be a free for all. There’s no room for loose boundaries because they get pushed too far and the nonsense flows.

Walk tall, Sheriff Pusser!
I hope it does something

Advertisement
remember the name, I don’t remember the jail bid
He's still locked up. If he serves the full sentence he'll actually do more time than Marlins hero Ugueth Urbina who was convicted of trying to hack several farm workers to death with a machete in Venezuela. But I digress. Back to the previously scheduled topic.

You keep getting defensive instead of answering my simple questions. I'm trying to have a discussion with you on this topic.

I'll try again and then move on and assume you're yet another "cancel football" guy who doesn't have an answer for this simple question: If we accept your premise that the Lil 10 canceled football as a safety measure for players, how does canceling football make a football player's life safer if the primary danger is other students infecting them and them getting infected in off campus social settings?
I see you and the CIS stars are Getting together. Never said the only reason was students returning to campus. The top 2 reasons for canceling the Big Ten season were:
1 Uncertainty of the virus and it’s next change and the myocarditis risk since the conference already had 10 football players effected. This is a fact known going into the meeting. I am not sure when the events occurred but this is fact. The damage can linger even with treatment. Additionally Dr Redfield, head of the CDC didn’t help when he said the coming fall could be the worst health crisis ever. Fall comes early in the Midwest. The Cleveland Clinic along with countless conference med centers were involved. Some may call it a mistake to cancel and the vote was close but they made a call. Time will tell.

2 University officials were concerned about large spikes when students returned to campus due to the lack of testing guidelines and keeping kids from being kids.
I am not sure their decision is right but I trust their greatest concern was the welfare of the players and no I do n ok t think practices and games are dangerous but the entire campus situation is questionable. From a selfish standpoint I wish the season went on, my youngest works as a spotter for a National network on weekends. Hopefully this helps and I respect your points.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the guy’s players - I was referring to - came back from the DR with a relative and they both have it.

I don’t doubt that.

But I I was just referring to the fact that it’s fallacious to think that major-league baseball has a prison bubble. Not to say that I don’t think they’re going to tighten down and get stricter, because these players have been going to ****y bars and everything else and getting it. But there is no prison bubble in baseball right now. And it’s less than what you would have with college football where you have greater control

Advertisement
Back