It’s over

I see you and the CIS stars are Getting together. Never said the only reason was students returning to campus. The top 2 reasons for canceling the Big Ten season were:
1 Uncertainty of the virus and it’s next change and the myocarditis risk since the conference already had 10 football players effected. This is a fact known going into the meeting. I am not sure when the events occurred but this is fact. The damage can linger Additionally Dr Redfield, head of the CDC didn’t help when he said the coming fall could be the worst health crisis ever. Fall comes early in the Midwest. The May ok Clinic and Cleveland Clinic along with countless conference med centers were involved. Some may call it a mistake to cancel and the vote was close but they made a call. Time will tell.

2 University officials were concerned about large spikes when students returned to campus due to the lack of testing guidelines and keeping kids from being kids.
I am not sure their decision is right but I trust their greatest concern was the welfare of the players and no I do n ok t think practices and games are dangerous but the entire campus situation is questionable. From a selfish standpoint I wish the seas o n went on, my youngest works as a spotter for a National network. Hopefully this helps and I respect your points.
I feel the Bern. But there’s really still no answer to how cancelling football makes football players less likely to catch the Vid. I don’t think there is a good answer. If it’s about protecting players, then I don’t see how sending them back into the college and social community does that.

Advertisement
I feel the Bern. But there’s really still no answer to how cancelling football makes football players less likely to catch the Vid. I don’t think there is a good answer. If it’s about protecting players, then I don’t see how sending them back into the college and social community does that.
I don’t disagree. From what I know the existing myocarditis cases were a huge stumbling block and the uncertainty of students on campus didn’t help. The vote was much closer than 12-2. It’s tough to turn your back on 800 million

Last edited by a moderator:
No, what I was responding to is he is saying that they basically have baseball players in a prison bubble and they are still getting Covid. My response being that that’s so far from the truth, young professional millionaires do whatever the fūck they want after hours. They are NOT in a prison bubble...far from it.

Also, just wanted to add, I know for a fact with the Marlins players were doing a few weeks ago, for a fact I know. And they were in no after hour bubble, I can tell you.
The Marlins tbat got sick had gone to a strip club.

I don’t disagree. From what I know the existing myocarditis cases were a huge stumbling block. The vote was much closer than 12-2. It’s tough to turn your back on 800 million
I don't think they were making $800M with no fans in the seats. In fact, most programs will still be losing money by playing this season. They might just be losing less by recouping the TV money.

I'm hip to the myocarditis scare, but I think that scare will still be there without football. We just won't hear about it in the Lil 10, and that's why they canceled. They didn't cancel to protect the players; they canceled to avoid the PR scrutiny from bozos who think it's a dichotomous situation when it isn't.

It's simply never going to be as simple as "play football and catch COVID" and "not play football and never catch COVID" for college age kids. They're not going to isolate and quarantine without football. They're going to put themselves smack in the middle of social situations with other kids and catch the Vid.

In your opinion they may have come to a quick decision however the conference already had 10 football players affected by myocarditis and that along with the uncertainty of the virus in kids returning to campus with no clear testing mechanisms in place it’s probably the reason they came to their decision. I don’t disagree with some of your points however I’m sure a lot of input when I took the decision to turn them back on $800 million.
I don’t believe for a second that 10 players already had Myocarditis. Sounds to me like the leaks that 12 of 14 schools voted for cancelling. We now know that was false.

Advertisement
In your opinion they may have come to a quick decision however the conference already had 10 football players affected by myocarditis and that along with the uncertainty of the virus in kids returning to campus with no clear testing mechanisms in place it’s probably the reason they came to their decision. I don’t disagree with some of your points however I’m sure a lot of input when I took the decision to turn them back on $800 million.
I'm sorry, bit where has it ever been said that the conference had 10 players who contracted Covid and had subsequent myocarditis??

I had your back when posters started in on you on the OSU thread, but I'm afraid you're out on a limb with this one.

I'm sorry, bit where has it ever been said that the conference had 10 players who contracted Covid and had subsequent myocarditis??

I had your back when posters started in on you on the OSU thread, but I'm afraid you're out on a limb with this one.
One of my guys told me! Hadn’t been wrong yet. Trust me.

Here maybe you’ll trust her.

According to Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic, the conference is aware of at least 10 players who have the rare heart condition myocarditis, which reportedly has a high prevalence in people who have had COVID-19.

This is considered an "alarmingly high number" of the rare condition caused by viruses and it has caused decision-makers across college athletics to reconsider their views, per Auerbach.

Advertisement

According to Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic, the conference is aware of at least 10 players who have the rare heart condition myocarditis, which reportedly has a high prevalence in people who have had COVID-19.

This is considered an "alarmingly high number" of the rare condition caused by viruses and it has caused decision-makers across college athletics to reconsider their views, per Auerbach.
Call BS on that.

But they ssid nothing about whether those players have the myocarditis as a result of Covid or whether they have even had Covid.

This seems more like a CYA cover story to justify a bad decision.

This is about as credible as "unnamed sources close to the situation." If they're ever called on it, they can hide behind HIPAA for not having to validate their claims..

For the record, I'm not attacking you, but the sources that are making these claims are not doing so in good faith.

Advertisement
This is about as credible as "unnamed sources close to the situation." If they're ever called on it, they can hide behind HIPAA for not having to validate their claims..

For the record, I'm not attacking you, but the sources that are making these claims are not doing so in good faith.
There isn’t even a number you can find for Covid myocarditis in that age group in the entire US. Believe me.

I can’t find substantiation for even 10 people in the entire United States in the 18 to 25 age group getting myocarditis from Covid.

You can’t even find that number for the millions of young people that have contracted this now common virus.

Myocarditis is part of the least-ten script, a boogeyman to terrorize people and justify their rushed decision.

I don’t doubt somebody told him that, but I do doubt the person that told him that.

Can you point to a source or a link where it says 10 players in the little ten got myocarditis?
My source is a human being but just go to theathletic.com pretty reputable website see what you might find! You will believe what you choose to believe As long as it fits the narrative

Advertisement

My source is a human being but just go to theathletic.com pretty reputable website see what you might find! You will believe what you choose to believe As long as it fits the narrative
LOL - I saw that days ago.

There is not a single reputable scientist, physician, or anyone else that you can find that will say that myocarditis risk is any greater with Covid then it would be with any other virus. There is no data to substantiate this.

You simply don’t know what I’m willing to accept as trusted when you’re asking me to trust Nicole Auerbach, a dumbass sports writer.

Find me the doctor saying this is a huge issue in this age group. Apparently the doctors in the ACC, with some of the best medical minds in the country, don’t see it as enough of an issue for the ACC not to go forward. I’ll trust them for now, rather than this uninformed bimbo

Last edited:
LOL - I saw that days ago.

There is not a single reputable scientist, physician, or anyone else that you can find that will say that myocarditis risk is any greater with Covid then it would be with any other virus.

You simply don’t know what you’re talking about when you’re asking me to trust Nicole Auerbach, a dumbass sports writer.

Find me the doctor saying this is a huge issue in this age group. Apparently the doctors in the ACC, with some of the best medical minds in the country, don’t see it as enough of an issue for the ACC not to go forward. I’ll trust them for now, rather than this uninformed bimbo
Ok you win, but stay tuned you’ll be reading much more about it in the near future.Also play nice you’re starting to get personal

Ok you win, but stay tuned you’ll be reading much more about it in the near future.

I don’t want to win. I just want an honest discussion.

What will I be reading more about in the future, these particular players you mentioned, or something else that you know, like studies coming down the pike on COVID-19 and myocarditis?

Advertisement
Back