It’s over

Advertisement
My parents even did the eel, Anguilla!
Oh man...old school.

I have to admit, the disappointment my grandmother took to her grave was that her favorite grandson never made it through all seven fishes.
By today's standards, she would be considered poor, so a lobster dish was never one of the offerings.

The bacala was always a tough go

Any legal experts on here that can explain to me how a player could prove in a court of law they got Covid while playing football? I mean couldn’t they technically have been infected at any time or any place?

Advertisement
Any legal experts on here that can explain to me how a player could prove in a court of law they got Covid while playing football? I mean couldn’t they technically have been infected at any time or any place?
I have wondered this too. Don’t you have to prove direct causation to get a liability or negligence ruling?

That would be a huge issue. Only legal issues teams would run up against would be if they were intentionally exposing players to other players they knew had the bug in order to keep them playing.

Advertisement
24 hours later, here's the new number. It makes it kind of difficult to say it's getting worse when there are 195 fewer people in the hospital. That's about a 3% reduction in one day.

View attachment 127103
This is anecdotal of course, but based on people I know that have first hand, hands-on knowledge of the Covid situation in a Broward, Dade, Hillsborough, and Orange counties, number of patients have either leveled off, or markedly decreased.

I remember a couple of weeks ago, several heated discussions, between myself, you and others, where they were insisting the “ICU beds” were in danger of being overrun, hospitals were supposedly being overwhelmed, no beds available, yada yada yada, all based on sensationalistic reporrting. We knew for a fact from people on the ground, this was nowhere near the actual real situation. It was an “impending disaster” that was never real. The capacity was always there in abundance.

c
You can continue to use the Big Ten's actions as an example of what others will do but It is pretty clear that other conferences have decided their level of acceptable risk is higher than the Big Ten's. So maybe the breaking point for others rises above the Big Ten's? Pretty clear that it does considering ACC teams are about to hold scrimmages while student are on campus and the Big Ten called it quits before shoulder pads got put on. The new innovation in testing that just broke only adds to the possibility of playing. Maybe it all ends in a couple of days but the Big 10 isn't being followed by anyone but the PAC 12.
From Auburn football players:

Auburn football players Anthony Schwartz and Kameron Stutts commenting on what campus/downtown look like now that the entire student body is back. Classes and fall camp both start on Monday.

This is the problem that cannot be controlled. Baseball has guys in prison basically and they’re still testing positive what do you thinks going to happen with all these kids return to campus Impossible to control the uncontrollable

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you realize how stupid that sounds? So the Lil 10 expects a lot of kids to be infected when they come back to campus? Yet they're allowing them back on campus. The football players will be on campus too. Does that mean that the football players won't be infected because there's no football? It's such nonsense.

What the Lil 10 is doing is admitting they want to appear right in the media because they actually don't give a fck about the athletes catching COVID; they just don't want it being reported as "Ohio State football team has 20 players test positive for COVID!!!".

ED980F7C-870B-4748-AE92-9045731150C3.gif

c

Auburn football players Anthony Schwartz and Kameron Stutts commenting on what campus/downtown look like now that the entire student body is back. Classes and fall camp both start on Monday.

This is the problem that cannot be controlled. Baseball has guys in prison basically and they’re still testing positive what do you thinks going to happen with all these kids return to campus Impossible to control the uncontrollable

Baseball has guys in prison?

That‘s a crock of shlt. Is there no lie you won’t tell to advance your little-10 agenda?

Advertisement
c

It’s a potential problem. These people in Alabama aren’t known for their smarts.

So all the kids will get it now before the season starts just like all the Clemson players who got it no big deal.

How is that a problem?

c

Well since masks work so well it’s simple. As long as the players are wearing theirs then they should be fine, right? Right??

😂😂

Advertisement
c

You act like a positive test in this age group is a death sentence. As long as they don’t go around high risk people it’s a plus; a step towards herd immunity. They have higher risk of long term complications and death from drinking and driving drunk from those bars than from covid. Stop the fear **** bull**** and pearl clutching OMG! A positive test for something that 99.9% of people this age recover from! The HUMANITY!

You act like a positive test in this age group is a death sentence. As long as they don’t go around high risk people it’s a plus; a step towards herd immunity. They have higher risk of long term complications and death from drinking and driving drunk from those bars than from covid. Stop the fear **** bull**** and pearl clutching OMG! A positive test for something that 99.9% of people this age recover from! The HUMANITY!
And you act like it can never be. Both attitudes are wrong — and, he never wrote that it was.

The reality is that if we want football, the student body has to be in as much compliance as the student-athletes. Wear a mask, protect the student athletes, which protects football. Because if even a single co-ed dies from an on-campus contraction…

This is anecdotal of course, but based on people I know that have first hand, hands-on knowledge of the Covid situation in a Broward, Dade, Hillsborough, and Orange counties, number of patients have either leveled off, or markedly decreased.

I remember a couple of weeks ago, several heated discussions, between myself, you and others, where they were insisting the “ICU beds” were in danger of being overrun, hospitals were supposedly being overwhelmed, no beds available, yada yada yada, all based on sensationalistic reporrting. We knew for a fact from people on the ground, this was nowhere near the actual real situation. It was an “impending disaster” that was never real. The capacity was always there in abundance.
Although my Dad tested negative this past week and was moved to a pulmonary icu unit. I caught word from one of the nurses the covid wing he was in had closed. Things seem to be trending down.

Advertisement
Back