It’s over, but I respect Diaz’ heart

I don’t get anyone who’s focused on this recruiting class right now. Recruiting is dead until the HC situation changes. The priority needs to be getting that (including the AD) right.

The next head coach is going to be in a big hole if this recruiting class (currently #60) doesn't improve dramatically. In fact, this recruiting class might discourage any remotely good coach from taking the Miami job.

Advertisement
The next head coach is going to be in a big hole if this recruiting class (currently #60) doesn't improve dramatically. In fact, this recruiting class might discourage any remotely good coach from taking the Miami job.
It’s not going to discourage anything but Blake James as AD will. This class is shot and it’s Manny’s so a new HC will need to pull who he can and load up on the portal the first year like Mel Tucker did. Worrying about this class is the last of my priorities while Blake and Manny are still here.

Diaz is objectively the WOAT Miami coach. Nobody else lost to FIU or got shut out by La Tech, let alone did both in the same year.

The ACC has also been crappier than ever during Diaz’s tenure.
Don't forget Georgia Tech. That 2019 GT team was much worse than any team Coker, Shannon, or Golden lost to. I'm not sure if most people realize how awful that GT team was that year.

Don't forget Georgia Tech. That 2019 GT team was much worse than any team Coker, Shannon, or Golden lost to. I'm not sure if most people realize how awful that GT team was that year.

… and Dave Doeren lost to that team. Which is one reason why no one with sense on my side is making any predictions about the score tonight.

… and Dave Doeren lost to that team. Which is one reason why no one with sense on my side is making any predictions about the score tonight.
Correct. That 2019 NCST team did lose to GT. Both teams were flat out garbage that year. However, both teams have improved since then and we have regressed. I don't believe either of them are necessarily what I consider a good team, but they play more disciplined and focused than we do. Yeah, its possible we could win this game, because we have decent talent at almost every position except for linebacker (which Manny is directly responsible for). I just don't think Manny is capable of coaching us to a victory.

Advertisement
Down vote this, clown on it. Diaz is done at Miami, but I still carry respect for him. He identified most of the issues that plagued this program. Took us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a pro to a spread. LRicht gave him a lot of credit with growing the program.

**** didn’t work out with Diaz and he’s responsible for that, but the guy tried and he loves this program. He’s not a golden. Guy was fully Invested, this was the top of the mountain for him.

I’m not going to kick a guy while he is down. A lot of
People will be bias, but this is the “best” I’ve felt about things in a long time.

I’ll die on this hill. Richt > Diaz > cooker > golden > Shannon.

I wanted Diaz to be the guy so bad
I agree with your sentiments. One thing, the picture you show was taken before the UNC game last week. Someone on this board posted that it was taken after the loss and Diaz was contemplating his future. It was dark when the UNC game ended, the poster was in error. Thanks for your take, most people on this board don't understand how difficult this job is and in three years after similar records, we will be going down this road again. You just can't make the trolls happy.

It was Goldens scheme
I agree with you. This was Golden’s scheme. Whoever he had for a DC was going to run this scheme. Perhaps another DC might not have been such an insufferable prick as D’Onfrio, but still would have been forced to run the same failed scheme.

Advertisement
Larry Coker was a good man
So was Mark Richt
Randy Shannon was a Hurricane
Al Golden was OK by me

But none of that mattered -- they didn't get the job done
Well Manny is going out as a petulant child who got a regular instead of limited edition PS5 for Christmas and is throwing a hissy fit over it.

Howdy folks! NC State fan here. Just got in from takin care of the cows (we are a farmin school as you may hear) and saw this talk about Mr. Diaz. You know he used to coach at NC State? Small world, ain‘t it? Years ago I even saw him at a Carolina Hurricanes game (I am a big fan even if it is a Yankee sport and I can’t pronounce some of them foreign jawbreakers they got for names). We never hired him as a head coach, though! Laws, no! He asked, and you know what we said? “No Di-ace!” that’s what we said! HAW!

Anyway, hope it’s a good game tonight. That QB of yours (not the really good one who got hurt; the other one) is a game chicken! We aren’t mad about his talk like some of you think; Preacher Bob down at the chapel says, “A soft answer turneth away wrath, says so in the Scripture.” And let’s face it; it ain’t MY **** our defense will be trying to put in the dirt tonight. Hope he’s got his runnin shoes on! HAW!

PS: almost forgot. Sure wish y’all had not blown it against them Tar Holes. That was a team strugglin with its Identity all season (it’s all them Gender Studies they do, so I think they get confused! HAAAW!) But the good news is y‘all gave them false hope that they don’t suck.

Is this @Dr.L.ThugU or @Ecush??? @stevehick @FlatlandCane @Big Pimpin Cane what ya say

Advertisement
Down vote this, clown on it. Diaz is done at Miami, but I still carry respect for him. He identified most of the issues that plagued this program. Took us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a pro to a spread. LRicht gave him a lot of credit with growing the program.

**** didn’t work out with Diaz and he’s responsible for that, but the guy tried and he loves this program. He’s not a golden. Guy was fully Invested, this was the top of the mountain for him.

I’m not going to kick a guy while he is down. A lot of
People will be bias, but this is the “best” I’ve felt about things in a long time.

I’ll die on this hill. Richt > Diaz > cooker > golden > Shannon.

I wanted Diaz to be the guy so bad
Heart it’s arrogance

Advertisement
Coker has a national championship ring, like it or not. Manny would’ve ****ed that team up.
That’s an interesting thought-experiment for masochists: how would each of The 5 Knuckleheads do if they swapped circumstances with each other?
I doubt anyone could **** up the ‘01 team, but Manolo would be the most likely.
What if Coker had to deal with “The Cloud”?
Golden would’ve asked Ed Reed to gain 30 pounds, and Doritos would bench him for someone who could play safety.

It’s over, but I respect Diaz’ heart​

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back