It’s over, but I respect Diaz’ heart

Advertisement
Go look at the boards before we hired lashlee, everyone was screaming for spread, for almost 15 years, and Diaz finally did it.

Again, he’s done and it’s absolutely to move on, but people are being so emotional about him right now.

We had mother f’ers asking for golden on this board a couple
Weeks ago. 10 years from now Diaz story will be different. Everyone just so emotional right now
Bruh… Did u read this **** before u hit, Post Reply?
1634995502840.gif

Go look at the boards before we hired lashlee, everyone was screaming for spread, for almost 15 years, and Diaz finally did it.

Again, he’s done and it’s absolutely to move on, but people are being so emotional about him right now.

We had mother f’ers asking for golden on this board a couple
Weeks ago. 10 years from now Diaz story will be different. Everyone just so emotional right now

No it won't.

10 years from now.....We'll be even more relieved that he's not still here...... and saying WTF were those idiots thinking back then

Last edited:
Nope.. Manny is worse..
Yes! I never thought I’d see the day that we would have a head coach with a worse record than Shannon. Manny had advantages that Randy could only dream of (athlete training table, good money for assistants, certified and qualified S&C coach, IPF, etc.), and still ended up with a worse record. Manny is definitely worse than Shannon.

Advertisement
Golden was worse.
“He identified most of the issues that plagued this program.”

I’m going to directly reply to you vs doing a QP. This quote; what does this mean, actually? So you’re basis for being compelled to make this post is b/c we went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 & went to a spread?

What if a plumber was given a wrench to fix a pipe, and used it as a hammer; should we give him credit for using the wrench?

Listen, feelings aside, let’s talk about Diaz’s tenure after 30 games:

-In 2 of 3 seasons, Miami has started 2-3 after 5 games. You know the last coach to do that? U have to go pre-Saban era back in the 70’s (I wasn’t alive then)

-Diaz is now 0-6 in his last 6 games against P5 teams. You know the last coach to do that? I haven’t seen one individual coach having that distinction. The last time Miami had a 6 game losing streak against P5 opponents, u have to go back to ‘76 - ‘77 (between Selmer & Saban).

-Diaz has the distinction of being the only P5 coach, in HISTORY, to lose to FIU

-Miami gave up the most rushing yards in FBS HISTORY to two players on the same team in a single game

-Miami gave up the most total yards in our HISTORY under Diaz

-Miami gave up the most rushing yards in our HISTORY under Diaz

-Miami was the 1st ACC team to give up two 200 yard rushers in the same game, and we’ve only been in the ACC since 2004 under Diaz

-We’ve given up the 3rd most points in a single game in our history under Diaz, & the first time giving up 60+ since 1998.

-Diaz is now 2-4 on the season after 6 games. The last coach to have at least 4 losses in the 1st 6 games? Davis in 1997 (and he was dealing w/ a near death penalty)

I mean, I can go on & on about how historically bad we’ve been under Diaz. Furthermore, last checked, Diaz college says FSU. So I’m not sure y u’re giving this assumption that he “loves this school.” Is it b/c he gave a hallmark story reminiscing of the time he attended the game at the OB to watch his hometown team play? Lol.

Look, dude is being paid millions. Don’t cry for him Argentina. This is the most $ he’s ever made, and hasn’t earned one cent of it.
Lock thread.

I’m going to directly reply to you vs doing a QP. This quote; what does this mean, actually? So you’re basis for being compelled to make this post is b/c we went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 & went to a spread?

What if a plumber was given a wrench to fix a pipe, and used it as a hammer; should we give him credit for using the wrench?

-In 2 of 3 seasons, Miami has started 2-3 after 5 games. You know the last coach to do that? U have to go pre-Saban era back in the 70’s (I wasn’t alive then)

-Diaz is now 0-6 in his last 6 games against P5 teams. You know the last coach to do that? I haven’t seen one individual coach having that distinction. The last time Miami had a 6 game losing streak against P5 opponents, u have to go back to ‘76 - ‘77 (between Selmer & Saban).

-Diaz has the distinction of being the only P5 coach, in HISTORY, to lose to FIU

-Miami gave up the most rushing yards in FBS HISTORY to two players on the same team in a single game

-Miami was the 1st ACC team to give up two 200 yard rushers in the same game, and we’ve only been in the ACC since 2004 under Diaz

-We’ve given up the 3rd most points in a single game in our history under Diaz, & the first time giving up 60+ since 1998.

-Diaz is now 2-4 on the season after 6 games. The last coach to have at least 4 losses in the 1st 6 games? Davis in 1997 (and he was dealing w/ a near death penalty)

I mean, I can go on & on about how historically bad we’ve been under Diaz. Furthermore, last checked, Diaz college says FSU. So I’m not sure y u’re giving this assumption that he “loves this school.” Is it b/c he gave a hallmark story reminiscing of the time he attended the game at the OB to watch his hometown team play? Lol.

Look, dude is being paid millions. Don’t cry for him Argentina. This is the most $ he’s ever made, and hasn’t earned one cent of it.
Rellyrell opening up this thread….
1634999404205.gif

Advertisement
Howdy folks! NC State fan here. Just got in from takin care of the cows (we are a farmin school as you may hear) and saw this talk about Mr. Diaz. You know he used to coach at NC State? Small world, ain‘t it? Years ago I even saw him at a Carolina Hurricanes game (I am a big fan even if it is a Yankee sport and I can’t pronounce some of them foreign jawbreakers they got for names). We never hired him as a head coach, though! Laws, no! He asked, and you know what we said? “No Di-ace!” that’s what we said! HAW!

Anyway, hope it’s a good game tonight. That QB of yours (not the really good one who got hurt; the other one) is a game chicken! We aren’t mad about his talk like some of you think; Preacher Bob down at the chapel says, “A soft answer turneth away wrath, says so in the Scripture.” And let’s face it; it ain’t MY **** our defense will be trying to put in the dirt tonight. Hope he’s got his runnin shoes on! HAW!

PS: almost forgot. Sure wish y’all had not blown it against them Tar Holes. That was a team strugglin with its Identity all season (it’s all them Gender Studies they do, so I think they get confused! HAAAW!) But the good news is y‘all gave them false hope that they don’t suck.

Shannon had much better players. It’s not even close. He’s the worst we’ve had in my lifetime. Shannon literally stopped working his last year. He didn’t give a ****.

Golden is a better coach than Coker. Doesn’t mean any team that Golden had could stay on the field with Coker’s teams.
I remember how ****ed we were when Shannon lost to USF. 🤣😂🤣 If we only knew what was coming. Bruh, Manny lost to fuccin FIU AND LaTech in the same **** season. Both were awful, but Shannon did have better wins. Manny? Not so much.

Advertisement

Yeah but… offseason champions 😂

I dont feel like reading 10 pages but here's my 2.7 cents (adjusted for inflation):

1). @RVACane (and others) claim that Manny is the worst head coach we've ever had, others disagree. The marketplace will determine who is correct. Im of the opinion that Manny will not be offered another job in coaching. He's been exposed as a guy who is not a football coach. The invisible hand aint nevah lied. My guess is that Manny goes into a sports marketing role.

2). I do agree with OP in that Manny secured a positive place in UM history. While his head coaching tenure will go down as a failure, Manny will ultimately be remembered for being the Winston Churchill of UM football. He was the guy who talked and acted like we were still the dominant force on the college football planet despite all evidence to the contrary. After the 2017 win against Notre Dame, manny said in the post game interview, "Tonight was the natural order of the universe correcting itself." I could not have felt better about the program at that moment. The 2020 recruiting class will also be Manny's lasting legacy.
😂 @ adjusting for inflation! That’s gold bro

Btw, and this is not up for debate… I don’t give an F what anyone says…

Manure should have been fired in the ***** locker room after FIU and Butch wiped his candy ***! Done and done

Yet here we are with our diks in our hands

Advertisement
Down vote this, clown on it. Diaz is done at Miami, but I still carry respect for him. He identified most of the issues that plagued this program. Took us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a pro to a spread. LRicht gave him a lot of credit with growing the program.

**** didn’t work out with Diaz and he’s responsible for that, but the guy tried and he loves this program. He’s not a golden. Guy was fully Invested, this was the top of the mountain for him.

I’m not going to kick a guy while he is down. A lot of
People will be bias, but this is the “best” I’ve felt about things in a long time.

I’ll die on this hill. Richt > Diaz > cooker > golden > Shannon.

I wanted Diaz to be the guy so bad

That was the most calculated PR move we've seen out of Diaz yet—and sadly, it's working with some.

He could've stayed in the bowels of Kenan Memorial and found a place to sulk, if he was that distraught.

Instead, he headed back to the field and positioned himself at about 2 o'clock from the press box—knowing writers were banging out recaps up there—and he just stood staring like a mental patient for 20 minutes until someone noticed and took a photo.

Miami—both Diaz and James—want you to feel sorry for them (and "these kids") and not mad at either—hence the whole, "We're two plays away from being 4-2 and undefeated in the Coastal right now!" narrative that's being spun.

Last-second heartache stole wins from Miami; not he previous 59 minutes where they were dropping footballs, missing tackles, getting penalized, starting slow, making mental errors, turning the ball over, or celebrating with dumb chains in games they trailed the entire time.

Miami needs to lose epically these next two weeks for Diaz to get canned like tuna—as Diaz is not going to get beaten up internally for these last two games, which led to a 16-14 record and 2-6 run dating back to Duke last year.

Don't believe the hype.

As for Miami's coaching hierarchy this century: RICHT > COKER > GOLDEN > SHANNON > DIAZ

Larry knew X's and O's and was a solid coordinator and experienced guy; just not head coaching material.

Fat Albert was a fine fit up at a Temple, with a different system and type of athlete; Miami was just too big a job for him (and the 3-4 a braindead move for UM's defense.)

Neither Shannon or Diaz was head coaching material, but Randy was a better defensive coordinator and recruiter—and his 2009 season at Miami was more impressive than anything that ever happened on Manny's watch.

That, and NONE OF THE OTHER GUYS F**KING LOST TO FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL ON THE HALLOWED GROUDS WHERE THE ORANGE BOWL ONCE STOOD—DOWN 23-3 IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, WITH MORON PLAYERS DANCING ON THE SIDELINES AND MUGGING FOR CAMERAS.

Diaz is literally the worst; like Carl Selmer-era bad. Get rid of him.

Last edited:
There’s nothing about Diaz I’ve ever liked.

Although this probably won’t be a popular opinion, I honestly hated the turnover chain from Day One.

I was blinded by the bling during the 10-0 start because I wanted to believe Miami was back—and was at least undefeated every time the chain came out.

The minute this team was clobbered by Clemson and Wisconsin to end the season—and both coaches mocked the chain—it was on the decline; giving opposing teams something to make fun of (talk about "bulletin board material"—opponents live to chain-shame the Canes.)

Richt went 7-9 after that 10-0 start. Diaz should've been smart enough to lose the chain when he took over—only bringing it back down the road when the team grew into it.

Instead, he rolled out a third generation of it—as well as those dumb-*** rings.

Most won't admit it, but Diaz letting these kids pose on the sidelines in games their losing—while "celebrating" touchdowns—is the biggest part of his downfall (aside from X's and O's). Celebrating a turnover or takeaway is one thing. Celebrating a touchdown—the offense's JOB—would be like busting out the chain after every third down stop. It's asinine.

I dont feel like reading 10 pages but here's my 2.7 cents (adjusted for inflation):

1). @RVACane (and others) claim that Manny is the worst head coach we've ever had, others disagree. The marketplace will determine who is correct. Im of the opinion that Manny will not be offered another job in coaching. He's been exposed as a guy who is not a football coach. The invisible hand aint nevah lied. My guess is that Manny goes into a sports marketing role.

2). I do agree with OP in that Manny secured a positive place in UM history. While his head coaching tenure will go down as a failure, Manny will ultimately be remembered for being the Winston Churchill of UM football. He was the guy who talked and acted like we were still the dominant force on the college football planet despite all evidence to the contrary. After the 2017 win against Notre Dame, manny said in the post game interview, "Tonight was the natural order of the universe correcting itself." I could not have felt better about the program at that moment. The 2020 recruiting class will also be Manny's lasting legacy.

You mean the upcoming recruiting class? (Technically the 2022 recruiting class, although I think of it as the 2021 recruiting class.)

This recruiting class is looking like unbelievable crap. That was also the case for Shannon and Richt's final recruiting class.

You mean the upcoming recruiting class? (Technically the 2022 recruiting class, although I think of it as the 2021 recruiting class.)

This recruiting class is looking like unbelievable crap. That was also the case for Shannon and Richt's final recruiting class.
I don’t get anyone who’s focused on this recruiting class right now. Recruiting is dead until the HC situation changes. The priority needs to be getting that (including the AD) right.

Advertisement
Back