It’s nothing new

Advertisement
I hope you aren't suggesting Zbrod posted this because the kid is black? I'm 100% confident this would be a worthwhile discussion regardless of the player's race. It a 100K+ car for a college kid.

We saw SEC players post these pics all the time in past years, when the player had no legal source of income, while Miami players would be banned from playing college for getting a discount on renting out nice sports cars. What's different now is that everything is legal if done through an NIL deal. And some kids are allegedly earning 1M+ a year while still in college under those NIL deals.

No idea what Nolan is earning. But if it's that amount, then I can't even say he's reckless for buying his wheels. He'll still have a cool half million plus after taxes to save for a rainy day. Good for him. He deserves it more than Kirby does.
You are full of it. I've never seen any question or discussion of a Caucasian player's finances. It's assumed he or his family has money. Conversely, it's always assumed that the African American athlete is poor.

Secondly, the fact that this is even a thread here tells you all you need to know. Back in the early 2000's I worked in NYC for a big financial firm. I bought a 7 series BMW. The very same day I got the car I was pulled over by the police and asked how I could afford the car.

For some reason, anytime a person of color acquires something expensive, we somehow need to explain our wealth.

Quite frankly this young man's truck is NONE of your business, my business, or anyone else's. There's NO reason for anyone to conjecture about a loan, a lease, or whatever. There's always this need to find a reason for how certain people could afford to purchase such an expensive vehicle. Worry about your own finances and stay out of his pockets!!!!

Good for him man
But I’m not a truck guy or do I understand the reason for lifting a car unless you really go off roading
So no jealousy
If this was a 458 I be hating on him big time

Advertisement
What if he has a career ending injury? Money doesn’t last for ever. It’s the basic principles of understanding money that most ppl lack. If you are buying a 100L truck, I bet you are blowing money on a new house for moms, then your boys etc… next thing you know you are out the league after 3 years and and got a dime to show. It happens more often then most realize. These nfl dudes go broke so quick cause no one has taught them about investing and money management. You could be set for life, instead most for broke and back to grinding out a 9-5 to survive like the rest of the world.
I don’t want to be disrespectful, but it’s the kids money. If he’s back grinding nine to five in three years, he’ll be driving to work in a what once was a nice truck. I’ll bet on him never working like the rest of the world. Ever.
Good for him. It’s his money. Not mine to judge. I hope he doesn’t speed and get a ticket or kill anyone too. Lots of scary things to watch out for. The truck is the least of his worries.

Last edited:
You are full of it. I've never seen any question or discussion of a Caucasian player's finances. It's assumed he or his family has money. Conversely, it's always assumed that the African American athlete is poor.

Secondly, the fact that this is even a thread here tells you all you need to know. Back in the early 2000's I worked in NYC for a big financial firm. I bought a 7 series BMW. The very same day I got the car I was pulled over by the police and asked how I could afford the car.

For some reason, anytime a person of color acquires something expensive, we somehow need to explain our wealth.

Quite frankly this young man's truck is NONE of your business, my business, or anyone else's. There's NO reason for anyone to conjecture about a loan, a lease, or whatever. There's always this need to find a reason for how certain people could afford to purchase such an expensive vehicle. Worry about your own finances and stay out of his pockets!!!!
This is the same guy that referred to Kosi as a wannabe gangster. Don't even waste your time.

A $100K ride is only about $1K per month on a lease, maybe less if your dealer gives you a “deal”. If you think that these kids have zero expenses, technically even if they get $50K per year in NIL deals, they could easily afford to lease a nice whip.
Closer to $1500. A lot depends on annual miles allotted and duration of lease

lmao

Advertisement
I don’t want to be disrespectful, but it’s the kids money. If he’s back grinding nine to five in three years, he’ll be driving to work in a what once was a nice truck. I’ll bet on him never working like the rest of the world. Ever.
Good for him. It’s his money. Not mine to judge. I hope he doesn’t speed and get a ticket or kill anyone too. Lots of scary things to watch out for. The truck is the least of his worries.

All good. I wasn’t even talking about this kid or this truck. My original post was about getting these kids good financial help so they can be prosperous in their careers and then set for life financially. I’m not pocket watching and don’t care what they do. I just know there needs to be more courses in school about financial literacy. It could help all walks of life not just athletes.

Billy D, is that you?

Advertisement
Thats what I was saying in my argument though, that the kids like foreigns. People said different. You are exactly right though, girls would much rather get picked up by a guy in a foreign than an old chevy.
There is no other city i think in the us with a better car game than SOUTH FLORIDA (MIAMI-FT LAUDERDALE)...
Foreigns have always been a thing here...BUT in certain demographics a fixed up DONK has wayy more pull. A foreign is so normal here...A donk has its own customality if thats a word.

Advertisement

Did you just skip over the fact I said he deserves the money and his truck? That’s what capitalism is. Why am I full of it again? I would have said the same thing if he was white.

This is the same guy that referred to Kosi as a wannabe gangster. Don't even waste your time.

You are such a garbage poster. You had to chime in didn’t you. I let it go and stayed away from commenting on your stupid *** posts like trying to argue Mario and his staff are nothing special and the only thing they’ve contributed is getting the school to put more money into the program.

But you honestly can’t stop yourself. Let me say it again, I did not say Perry was acting as a wannabe gangster because he’s black. Gangsters come in all nationalities and all colors. I thought his money video and his **** video was stupid **** for our starting QB. I also have repeatedly said in multiple threads how impressed I was with how he grew up and rededicated himself to the team.

i love this team precisely because it’s authentic in its diversity, across players and fans. But you aren’t interested in that. You just want to stir **** up like you always do..

You are such a garbage poster. You had to chime in didn’t you. I let it go and stayed away from commenting on your stupid *** posts like trying to argue Mario and his staff are nothing special and the only thing they’ve contributed is getting the school to put more money into the program.

But you honestly can’t stop yourself. Let me say it again, I did not say Perry was acting as a wannabe gangster because he’s black. Gangsters come in all nationalities and all colors. I thought his money video and his **** video was stupid **** for our starting QB. I also have repeatedly said in multiple threads how impressed I was with how he grew up and rededicated himself to the team.

i love this team precisely because it’s authentic in its diversity, across players and fans. But you aren’t interested in that. You just want to stir **** up like you always do..
And I will say it again. You called him a gangster based off nothing. What did he do that was gangster? If you mentioned he was graffiting up walls, beating people up, threatening kids, or other gangster activities. I would not have brought it up. However, you are saying "he posted pictures of money and posted videos of him having ***". Neither of those are gangster activities. There are kids who walk around campus with brooks brothers polos and sperrys and spend most of their free time at the golf course, that post pics of money and send *** tapes to their buddies. It just a thing kids do now.

This ain’t the type of vehicle you lease homeboy…as in the dealer won’t let you since it has about 30k + in mods.
They won’t lease it to you but they will to a kid like that. Maybe he signed an NIL deal with them.

Advertisement
Back